Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Los Angeles County Fire Dept
Seagrave pumper sitting around the shop at the time of my excurison last summer. No number, so no idea what station she belonged to.

And, finally from this bunch of photos, Station 3 with a early 80's Van Pelt which was in service for their Pierce and what I believe was their brand new Ford paramedic squad at the time. This probably should have gone in the "photos of fire stations" section, but oh well. Hopefully, I will be able to add some more photos soon as I am heading out to LA for vacation tomorrow. Unfortunately, not sure how much, if any time, I will be able to devote to picture taking.

[Image: IMG_1787.jpg]

Engine 148 one of the few top mount pumpers in the LACoFD Fleet, This was an ex lynwood rig
[quote name='Monrovia1' post='139130' date='Aug 10 2007, 22:54 '][Image: IMG_1787.jpg]

Engine 148 one of the few top mount pumpers in the LACoFD Fleet, This was an ex lynwood rig[/quote]

Any idea which other companies have a top mount?
People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
A couple different photos here, just because I was able to get them.

E-5's new KME

Truck 5181 at Station 82's

[quote name='marco17' post='140288' date='Aug 14 2007, 14:44 '][Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=22887][/quote]

Would this be at Barton Heliport?
People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
[quote name='JFong' post='140320' date='Aug 14 2007, 17:15 ']Would this be at Barton Heliport?[/quote]

You Know JFONG I think your right it looks like it might be Barton
what are these used For? the inrared units
[quote name='anesti' post='140378' date='Aug 14 2007, 20:59 ']what are these used For? the inrared units[/quote]

From what I have read, they are receiving and transmitting images from the thermal imagers. Supposedly to help fight forest fires and hotspots.
Yep thats the heliport at the Pacoima Warehouse.

David in Az

[quote name='Monrovia1' post='140338' date='Aug 14 2007, 18:26 ']You Know JFONG I think your right it looks like it might be Barton[/quote]
[quote name='JFong' post='139374' date='Aug 12 2007, 03:35 ']Any idea which other companies have a top mount?[/quote]

As mentioned LA County inherited this rig when they took over Lynwood FD, It's one of the few top mount pumpers in the LA County fleet, Montrey Park also has a top mount E\-One assigned as E761
[Image: IMG_1785.jpg]

Engine 54 "The Southern Express"
I wonder if E54 is getting a newer rig. E5 just got a new one.
[quote name='JFong' post='140596' date='Aug 15 2007, 17:21 ']I wonder if E54 is getting a newer rig. E5 just got a new one.[/quote]

According to www.lacountyfire.com E54 is assigned a 2006 KME, shop # F1584.
[Image: IMG_2848.jpg]

New Engine 5 2006 KME
Nice one Monrovia1. Looks like E5 barely clears the bay doors.
[-] The following 1 user Likes hp1530's post:
  • iiSacrameno_Law