Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Massachusetts Fire Apparatus
even p-town's ferraras are flaming. imagine the irony.
Quote:Hyannis 826 is a 1990 Maxim 1500/1000/50 Foam. If I'm not mistaken it was THE last Maxim ever produced

Actually, that is debatable and often contended. There were about 6 pumpers left when Maxim closed in December 1989. I was told by a VERY reputable source that the Hyannis rig was not actually sold to Hyannis by Maxim but rather the bank that foreclosed on them. It was not ordered by HFD either so it could have been a Worcester truck. It was bought in a parking lot from the bank (cash sale I believe) in January 1990 and the person that told me went on the trip to buy it. Worcester placed a large order just before Maxim closed and only recieved roughly half of their order. They couldn't provide payment until after January 1, 1990 and the bank didn't want to risk it and sold the apparatus to whomever wanted it and could pay for it. Worcester definitely had the LAST Maxim tiller, I know that.

The Hyannis truck was definitely one of the last, but everyone claims to have the "last" Maxim. It all depends on what criteria you are talking about - last one built, last one sold, last serial number, etc, etc. I have a newspaper article from December 1989 showing "workers putting finishing touches on one of the last trucks built." It is the only truck inside the plant at the time and was from Affton, Missouri. I believe it also has the last serial nuber but have to confirm that. If so, that truck has at least has 2 out of 3. I have some very detailed information from the last days at Maxim and even I can't say with 100% certainty who has the last one. Just some food for thought, LOL

The 1946 Ford from Eastham was also a Maxim. Chances are any old Cape Cod apparatus were either Maxim, Farrar or shop built.
Right, Howie! Actually pretty much every FD here on the Cape was either Maxim or Mack. I then venture to guess ALF, Farrar, Hahn, and then shop built. Today it's E\-One and Pierce are the #1 for Apparatus down here. If you go to Britt Crosby's site capecodfd.com he has a very detailed apparatus history there.
Here we go again, Installment 4. Plymouth MA 2001 Pierce "Dash" 1500/500 E1. FLJackphoto.

Attached Files Image(s)

Plymouth MA 1992 Simon-Duplex/LTI 1500/300/75' L2. FLJackphoto.

Attached Files Image(s)

Plymouth MA 1993 Intl/RJ Murphy 250/600 Brush Breaker BR9. FLJackphoto.

Attached Files Image(s)

Falmouth MA 1995 E\-One "CycloneII" 1250/750 E21. FLJackphoto.

Attached Files Image(s)

Falmouth MA, a rather poor angle shot of the fire boat. I had a great broadside shot lined up but just as the Martha's Vineyard ferry that I was riding approached a rather large yacht backed into the adjoining slip. Bummer!!. 2005 Viking Welding 31', 350gpm. FLJackphoto

Attached Files Image(s)

I took a ferry ride from Falmouth to Martha's Vineyard one day and visited the Edgartown FD. There are other departments (volunteer) on the island but without a car my activities were limited to the one town. Here is Edgartown's 1988 Ford/E-One 1250/750. E224. FLJackphoto.

Attached Files Image(s)

Edgartown MA 2007 E\-One "Typhoon" 1250/750/20A/CAFS E222. FLJackphoto.

Attached Files Image(s)

Edgartown MA 2000 Ford/E-One/Superior Rescue R261. FLJackphoto.

Attached Files Image(s)

Edgartown MA 1995 E\-One 75' rm L251. FLJackphoto. (That wasn't the fire station in the background of the rescue photo. It was a nice two bay museum containing two ol EFD rigs).

Attached Files Image(s)

Massachusetts DCR C1 - Chief Fire Warden, a 2006 Ford F250.

Not that great of quailty but i was in the middle of lunch at Quizno's lol.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Billerica MA 1948 Mack E type 45 S 1401
Billerica MA 48 Mack E type 45 S 1401
Billerica MA 1948 Mack E type 45 S 1401
Here is what I believe might be the same truck. This photo was taken in Mont Vernon, NH in March of this year.

-Eric Fellows

[url="http://www.ericsfirepics.com"]Eric's Fire Pics[/url]
Awsome! I think this is the same truck

[color="#000080"]Bolton MA 1945 Mack E type 45 S 1249 [/color]

Photos used with permition from the Mack museum in Allentown PA
Bolton MA 45 Mack E type 1945 S 1249
Bolton MA 1945 Mack E type 45 S 1249