Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air Ambulances
Working with the crew.....

Hope you enjoy!!

Moose
U Mass Lifeflight backup bird taken tonight in Newburyport Ma at the Anna Jaques Hospital

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Gulf Coast MedEvac at the Mobile, AL Regional Airport in Mobile, AL has this 2005 Eurocopter EC135-T2 Helicopter,tail #N986LF. This was a CJ Systems operation but CJ Systems has just been taken over by Air Methods. Jim Kus and I shot this helicopter as part of the Summer Meltdown in the Florida Panhandle/Gulf Coast States. Someone made the mistake of telling our tour guide that "You'll never be allowed on that ramp" in order to take the pictures. So, as some of you know, that makes it an automatic challenge to me. So, I broke off from our tour guide (easy to do when you're the trip Driver/Operator) and took the challenge. The crew was more than cordial and Jim and I got not only our pictures, but free t-shirts as well.

Mark Carr photo

Here's another former CJ Systems helicopter from the Shands Hospital-Jacksonville system. It's Trauma One and is based at the Lake City, FL Airport and is a 2003 Eurocopter EC135-T2 Helicopter tail # N135LC.

Mark Carr photo

Yet another CJ Systems bird runs out of the Orange County, FL Fire-Rescue Dept. at Orlando Executive Airport. Fire Star is a 1988 Messerschmitt BK-117 B-1 Helicopter tail # N601EH.

Mark Carr photo.

The day after the Summer Meltdown was over, I went down to Miami-Dade, FL Fire-Rescue and shot two of their helicopters. I hadn't photographed them since they changed their color scheme. Here're Air Rescue's 1 & 2 together.

Mark Carr photo

Here's Air Rescue 1, year unknown but a 200+ something or other.

Mark Carr photo

And Air Rescue 2, a 2000 model Bell 412. There was one more, Air Rescue 3, at the Tamiami Airport and one more at the Opalaka Airport that I didn't photograph.

Mark Carr photo

After leaving Miami-Dade's hangers, I went a couple of blocks to LifeNet-Miami's hanger which was actually in the old Air Rescue building. LifeNet-Miami operates a 2002 Bell 430 Helicopter N427AM. They took over the service when Baptist Hospital got out of the helicopter business.

Mark Carr photo

On the way home from the Summer Meltdown, I dropped Jim off at the Orlando Int'l Airport so I had reason to be there and spend some time in the area. I searched out a couple of helicopters I'd been wanting to shoot. Florida Hospital's was one of them. It is a 2004 Eurocopter BK-117 C2 N145FH designated Florida Flight 1.

Mark Carr photos

Next was the Orlando Regional Healthcare System's birds. The one I went looking for was this 1990 Messerschmitt BK-117 B1 N170MC.

Mark Carr photo

And their second helicopter is this 1994 Bell 206-L4, tail #N94CH.

Mark Carr photo

Lifeflight Trust - Wellington, New Zealand

BK-117B2 S/N 1070

ZK-HLF

Attached Files Image(s)

Square Trust - Palmerston North, New Zealand

Squirrel

ZK-HZM

Attached Files Image(s)

Northland Emergency Services Trust - Whangarei, New Zealand

Sikorsky S76-A

ZK-ISJ - Helimed 1

They also have a black one

ZK-IAL - Helimed 2

Attached Files Image(s)

Sorry for the stupidity of this question, but I always wondered why some choppers were stored on pallet-like vehicles, and how they got them onto there. Anyone care to indulge my stupidity?
the pallet-like vehicles are merely trailers that are towed/moved with small tractors......this affords the ease of moving the helicopter in and out of a hangar without having to equip them with wheels to roll them in and out, lots easier and quicker.

as for getting it onto the trailer, they simply land the helicopter onto the trailer when returning to its base

hope that answers your question
Remember, it's their Emergency, not yours !  Arrive Alive !
Here is Maryland State Police Trooper 5 taking off from the Army Reserve center in Hagerstown, MD, enroute to it's home base in Cumberland, MD on 9/2/07.

Boston Med Flight made a trip up to Northwood, NH today. Here are a couple of shots.

David Wakeman Photo, 2007
And one while on the ground.

David Wakeman Photo, 2007