Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Massachusetts Fire Apparatus
Avon's former Ambulance 1, not sure if it's retired or if it is still in service as their ambulance 3 or if it is retired...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Avon Engine 1

Attached Files Image(s)

Avon Engine 2

Attached Files Image(s)

Avon Engine 3

Attached Files Image(s)

Avon Tower Ladder 1

Attached Files Image(s)

Avon Squad 1

Attached Files Image(s)

Avon Fire Alarm 1

Attached Files Image(s)

Avon Hazmat Trailer

Attached Files Image(s)

Avon Combination 1

Attached Files Image(s)

Randolph Car 4

Attached Files Image(s)

Randolph Squad 2

Attached Files Image(s)

Randolph Special Operations Unit

Randolph Engine 4

Does anybody have any Worcester Mass rig pics they could post?
Everett Engine 4

Malden Emergency Center Rescue 2

Attached Files Image(s)

I don't really keep up on all of the goings on in Metrofire, so does anyone know why Everett is running the rescue in place of a second ladder truck? I know they have for a while, and wondered if it was a permanent thing, or if the other ladder was out of service for some other reason.
[quote name='massfirebuff' post='148897' date='Sep 16 2007, 14:22 ']I don't really keep up on all of the goings on in Metrofire, so does anyone know why Everett is running the rescue in place of a second ladder truck? I know they have for a while, and wondered if it was a permanent thing, or if the other ladder was out of service for some other reason.[/quote]

I thought it went OOS sometime in the winter after a fire? Something to do with the ladder pipe breaking? I could be wrong.
Sean O'Brien

North Reading Fire Dept. IAFF L1857

US ARMY/MA NATIONAL GUARD - HHC 1/182ND INFANTRY

EMT-P/AEMD - Atlantic / Cataldo EMS

Boston Citywide 232

[url="http://www.seanophotography.com/"]Sean O'Brien Photography[/url]
[quote name='AMBULANCE34' post='148901' date='Sep 16 2007, 14:39 ']I thought it went OOS sometime in the winter after a fire? Something to do with the ladder pipe breaking? I could be wrong.[/quote]

They may have fixed that problem and another one came up(engine maybe?). It was in service at a couple of incidents this past Spring before being out of service in late July/early August, I recall hearing Everett Ladder 1 covering Chelsea a few times which can only be done with Ladder 2 in service and have a shot of Ladder 2 covering in Revere from May so it's seen action in recent months...
Here are a couple of mine from yesterday in Everett.

Massport Engine 5's 2005 Pierce 1250/1000/125F