Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Relics
The last truck is an older Ford F650 / Howe lettered for Casar VFD. Here is the front part of the truck. The way they were parked I couldn't get a great shot of it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Here is a rear shot of the truck.

Found on the Brooklyn waterfront near where the new cruise ship terminal is located.

1971 Mack CF CF611FAP 1140 lettered for VEKKER Aerial Platform #3, PO box 11235 SI NY 10305.

Front jacks are strapped to the body under the boom. No signs that it's there for export, for sale or anything else.

I checked Mike M's Aerialscope folder and but didn't find anything like it.

Phil, Bklyn

Attached Files Image(s)

Thats Medford Mass former 1971 Tower-Ladder
J Daly

Photographer

Saugus FAO#3

CityWide Car142

June 24tth "Old School Scans" inside of On The Job - Salem- Lynn-Boston-airplane-helo's

Web Site

[url="http://dalyimages.smugmug.com/"]http://dalyimages.smugmug.com/[/url]
[quote name='KFDI3' post='152351' date='Sep 30 2007, 12:41 ']I found this baby sitting at the corner of US224 and OH SR 12 in Findlay Ohio about a block from FFD Sta #3 I know she is 1960's IH/WLF, enjoy.[/quote]

I posted this one last Sunday. now for the Right Side and the ALL IMPORTANT pump panel plate for those of you that want it.
The right side.

The pump panel plate. Does anybody know where the IH/WLF served ??

Found his old baby at an Antique Farm Equipment show among the 650+ Tractors. Pemberville Freedom TWP Ohio 1972 Ford C/American

The Right Rear

The Pump Panel Rating Plate

Yes she is for sale. Pemberville is about 15 Miles Southeast of Toledo and 10 Miles Northeast of Bowling Green.

[quote name='Mack505' post='146391' date='Sep 6 2007, 09:48 ']I found this one over the weekend at Boothbay Railway Village. [url="http://www.railwayvillage.org/"]http://www.railwayvillage.org/[/url] While still a Relic, it's not as bad a fate as some. It seems to be regularly painted, and it's truly loved by the kids.

I had it pegged for a 1930's Seagrave; then I discovered the hood was not painted shut. I found a BIG crack in the heads; it'll never run again. I also found the serial plate; it's S/N 78335 built 12/10/34. No indentifying marks, but most of the museum's apparatus came from either Boothbay, Boothbay Harbor, or Southport.

[Image: 0907BRV033-vi.jpg][/quote]

Here is a shot I found that was taken I think in the early 80's of the same truck.....

I have a little more gray hair now... not as much blond....

[quote name='KFDI3' post='153962' date='Oct 6 2007, 13:44 ']The pump panel plate. Does anybody know where the IH/WLF served ??[/quote]

do you have a shot of the plate to the left of the one pictured? that is the plate with the necessary info. the other one is just the capacity plate, and nobody has the info on that one outside of maybe UL and the pump manufacturer.
The tower is Ex-Medford Mass. it has been on Ebay a couple of times in the past 2 years, and has been in that yard for at least that long.

Mike
Thanks for the info on the 71 Mack Scope Ex Medford Mass.

Here's how foggy it was that morning. This is the Manhattan tower of the Brooklyn Bridge at 07:38.

Phil.

Attached Files Image(s)

That's an awsome shot of the brooklyn bridge, nice work.
Here is a shot of Baltimore's old Truck 6 heading to somewhere in PA the name on the door said Altona PA. Check out the over hang off the back of the low boy    
Here are shots of three of four pieces Baltimore is finished with. Shown is Reserve Engine 70 a 1987 Spartan/FMC formerly Engine 44. Next is Reserve Truck 39 a 1978 Seagrave x Truck 20. Third is Reserve Truck 33 which is a 1986 Spartan/LTI which was old Truck 3. Not shown was Reserve Truck 32 which was an 1988 Seagrave Low Profile which was old Truck 26. RE 70 and RT 39 were rehabed and repainted they were delivered in the wonderful orange and white

Gravenut,

Do you have the exact place that the old truck 6 is going? Do you know whether the name was a dealership name or a department? There is a truck dealership right outside Altoona that purchases a lot of older rigs from the big cities in Maryland.
Whatever happened to the "Ladder 49" Seagrave? Last I saw on here it had the letters and numbers sanded off. I already saw what was left of the Engine at the Fire Acadamy.