Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State Of Conneticut
Ellington's rigs got some serious airtime a few days ago with the Kloter Farms fire. 10,000 sq ft retail space for wooden furiture, 3rd alarm at around 7am
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13 (KJV)
Repeats, but better shots

Lakeville 20

[Image: DSC07277-L.jpg]

Canaan 16 & 9

[Image: DSC07352-L.jpg]

A few more CT companies were at the Amenia, NY Parade - photos are on my site.
Ed Harvey

[url="http://www.fireservicephotography.com/"][size=2]Fire Service Photography[/url][/size]

"In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable." -Dwight D. Eisenhower

All fires will go out; and all bleeding will stop - eventually.

[url="http://www.facebook.com/people/Ed-Harvey/116300270"]My Facebook Page[/url]
Boy, how has the fire service changed. Looking at the new and older rigs together speaks volumes....

Recently, the Jordan Fire Company of Waterford sponsored an antique fire apparatus show called "Sirens on the Sound" featuring not only antiques, or classics, but a few in service rigs as well. Montville showcased their 1942 Dodge power wagon brush truck.

Nice mural on the back of Montville's rig

Montville also brought this classic iron, an early 1930's vintage GMC/American Lafrance

T.W. Lane Fire Company of Mystic brought this classic hand tub. These rigs are very strenuous to operate, and is one of several located in the New London County area. I'm sure OSHA would have to say something about these.....

In case you're wondering, the builders plate on the T.W. Lane "masheen". No 27 digit serial number here....

Niantic provided their 1961 Dodge power wagon brush truck, and yes, the brush rakes are chrome plated

Finally, Jordan Fire Company's 1923 Model T chemical/hose wagon, outfitted with American Lafrance equipment.
Speaking of Jordan Fire Company, heres a few I shot today as part of Mike Quinn's Fire Fest photo tours.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Engine 1:

Brand new ambulance for Jordan. Not even in service yet: