Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TEXAS RIGS
La Grange Fire Department (Fayette County)

Grass 1

2006 Ford F-550/Metro Fire

Seth Granville
My Photos: x635Photos.com 
Round Rock FD

NEW Engine 7 (Just Delivered Yesterday)

2008 Spartan/Crimson

Seth Granville
SAD NEWS

I’m sad to inform you of the death of Marla Buschardt of Houston, Texas. She was the wife of Chuck Buschardt. Marla was a fire buff, SPAAMFAA member, former volunteer firefighter, and president of the Board of the Aldine Fire Department. Funeral will probably be on Wednesday, Feb. 8, 2009. Brookside Funeral Home, Eastex Freeway. Check the Houston Chronicle for details:

[url="http://www.legacy.com/houstonchronicle/DeathNotices.asp"]http://www.legacy.com/houstonchronicle/DeathNotices.asp[/url]

I will post further information in a few days on the Discussion Group-Fire Service Related

Moderators: Please excuse this off topic posting on this forum. Chuck and Marla Buschardt were very active in SPAAMFAA and were known to many Firepixers.. The more appropriate forums are not read regularly enough for folks to get this information in a timely manner.

RIP.

Joe

Marla Buschardt-photo taken in mid 1980’s.

Leander, Tx

Quint 2631

2005 E\-One Typhoon

1500/500/75'

Attached Files Image(s)

Leander, Tx

Brush 2673

2008 Ford F-550/Skeeter

250/500

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Question for anyone in the Bedford area. I saw that they took or are taking delivery of a Crimson Ladder (quint), is that replacing the current Sutphen or is it being assigned to another house?
Kileen, TX (Bell County)

Quint 2

Pierce Dash

Seth Granville
Was that the only rig that you shot in Killeen?
Dave I'm plaining on a trip to Killeen in the spring. Killeen will be open up a new station (Station 8) in March. They also got some new rigs also.

[quote name='GA_Dave' post='281917' date='Feb 14 2009, 18:29 ']Was that the only rig that you shot in Killeen?[/quote]
[quote name='GA_Dave' post='281917' date='Feb 14 2009, 20:29 ']Was that the only rig that you shot in Killeen?[/quote]

I have some more Kileen stuff I will post in the next few days, as I will be in the area sometime this week to shoot.

Kileen is one of the fastest growing cities in the nation. Reason- Fort Hood. All the army soldiers coming back from overseas return from duty and settle in the area after being discharged, which is why Kileen, Harker Heights, etc are growing so fast.

However, they do have a high crime rate, see some nasty trauma, and the ocassional fire, so they keep pretty busy.

A lot of their equipment is subsidized via the Federal Goverment via grants and such.
Seth Granville
Those Kileen graphics are pretty sharp! Nice shots to all!
Drew James
GA Paramedic
Quote:Kileen is one of the fastest growing cities in the nation. Reason- Fort Hood.

Back when I lived there, 1979-1981, it was spelled Killeen. They had five stations and a training center. The bulk of the apparatus fleet was white. They ran a 1955 Seagrave 75' TDA that was red. The four frontline pumpers were all customs, an Imperial/Pierce, an ALF Century, a Spartan/FMC and a WLF Ambassador. Station 4 was at the airport, running an International/Fire Boss foam rig. There were four "booster" rigs, all Internationals. Two were 1-ton size, the other two were larger. One was a Pierce and the other might have been a Boardman, I'm not sure.
[quote name='ffemtwakeman' post='281635' date='Feb 13 2009, 20:55 ']Question for anyone in the Bedford area. I saw that they took or are taking delivery of a Crimson Ladder (quint), is that replacing the current Sutphen or is it being assigned to another house?[/quote]

I was in Bedford today and shot the new Truck 153. The Sutphen pumper currently running as Engine 153 will become a spare and Truck 153 will be taking its place. Truck 151, the 2000 Sutphen 95' tower, will become a spare as well, and that crew will begin operting as Engine 151, using the old 1995 KME pumper. Bedford's front line staffing will remain at its current level of three fire companies (two engines and one truck, three Medic Units, and the Batt Chief). I dont know why the decided to use the KME as the front line engine at Station 1 as opposed to the much newer Sutphen pumper that is currently at 3's.
Eric Hansen

Grand Prairie, Texas
[quote name='hansinoman' post='282216' date='Feb 15 2009, 20:51 ']I was in Bedford today and shot the new Truck 153. The Sutphen pumper currently running as Engine 153 will become a spare and Truck 153 will be taking its place. Truck 151, the 2000 Sutphen 95' tower, will become a spare as well, and that crew will begin operting as Engine 151, using the old 1995 KME pumper. Bedford's front line staffing will remain at its current level of three fire companies (two engines and one truck, three Medic Units, and the Batt Chief). I dont know why the decided to use the KME as the front line engine at Station 1 as opposed to the much newer Sutphen pumper that is currently at 3's.[/quote]

Thank you hansinoman. My next question would be is the new truck going to fit in the station??? Is station 3 still running out of the water tower or have they built the bays that were planned??? I was down there the summer of 07 and wanted to swing by again this past summer but we were crunched for time. When I was down there the living quarters of station 1 were being renovated and the plan was to build 3 bays at station 3 some time in the future.
Has the new Two story Hurst Fire House opened yet. How many fire poles?

Rick
Member: F.O.O.L.S of OZ, IAFF L2542

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Olathe, Kansas Fire Department
Engine Co. 4
Metro Kansas City, Missouri
City Of Cedar Park, TX (Williamson County)

Quint 1

Looking kind of like "Optimus Prime"

Seth Granville
Round Rock, Tx

Sam Bass FD

Engine 2

2004 Pierce Quantum

1250/500/CAFS

Job # 15651

Attached Files Image(s)

Round Rock, Tx