Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Garden State Oldies

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Scott,

Great shots as usual. I found two old, grainy NJ pics from (I think) the early 1980's. I can not identify either of them. Got any ideas?

First is an American LaFrance pumper:

And the second is this beautiful Autocar. Any help would be appreciated.

[-] The following 1 user Likes taurudak's post:
  • Juliet Lima
Elwood, NJ in Atlantic Co., had this 1930? Ford Model A chemical/hose unit in 1977.

John Floyd photo

In 1982, the Elwood fire station was hit by a bad fire, ??? is, did the Model A survive? The big Federal horn seems all right!

Sad scene shot by John Floyd

Whitesville, NJ

1973 Ford/Tasc

500/500

4x4

Ron Bogardus photo

Attached Files Image(s)

North Stelton's (Piscataway) Fox outside their firehouse. Could not find a builders plate or any indication of year or serial number

its a 1948 model VC serial 9145. it was just bought by Andy Leider and will join the collection in Circleville. its been outdoors for at least 15 years.

North Stelton's (Piscataway) Fox outside their firehouse. Could not find a builders plate or any indication of year or serial number
[quote name='BAIN172' post='175575' date='Dec 31 2007, 14:37 ']Washington Twp.[/quote]

In the Chews Landing snorkel picture, I can make out a sign that says WFLN. A google search yielded a radio station that used to be out of Philly, so I guess this is where these pictures were taken? The scene reminds me of West State Street in Trenton by Calhoun Street a little bit.
NJ - Jimmy Garvey
Ridgefield VAC

Always in our hearts, Stephen R. Dembski, FDRP T-2 LODD 7-15-07

Volunteerism: Service, Sacrifice, Spirit.
I cannot beleive the amount of history and heritage in these pics. I am new here and just getting caught up on things I have missed up until now. Thanks to all for sharing!
Jumping in here with some photos from Irvington. This is a 1969 Mack CF designated as the Squad. It was assigned to all boxes and also responded on non fire emergencies such as pin jobs, etc. Photo taken by IFD Captain Mike Chrvala, Sr.

1974 Diamond Reo Rescue, at the Training Tower on Mill Road. Photo by IFD Capt. Mike Chrvala, Sr.    
What a great thread this is.

When I was growing up in the 70's in Vineland, NJ they used to run a 50's? Dodge Power Wagon brush truck. It was Engine 12 or Engine 13, if I remember correctly. I wonder if anyone here has photos of this rig? I always loved seeing it go out on runs as a kid. Would love to see pictures of it again....

Andy
[quote name='IFD39' post='196448' date='Mar 12 2008, 21:30 ']Jumping in here with some photos from Irvington. This is a 1969 Mack CF designated as the Squad. It was assigned to all boxes and also responded on non fire emergencies such as pin jobs, etc. Photo taken by IFD Captain Mike Chrvala, Sr.

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=31386][/quote]

I remebr seeing someinthing once about the irvington Volunteer Rescue Squad was there such a unit
[quote name='njfdplfc5' post='196574' date='Mar 13 2008, 11:54 ']I remebr seeing someinthing once about the irvington Volunteer Rescue Squad was there such a unit[/quote]

Yes there was, it was disbanded about 3 years ago. If I can find a pic of their rig, I'll post it.