Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minnesota Apparatus
Last up is Tnk-255. 1992 Internationa/2006 Engle Tank 250/3000

We also visited Marshall, MN on this trip, but I will save those for another day. I hope that you enjoy them.
Thanks very much for the nice photos. I definetely have to do a Minnesota photo trip one time soon.

Juergen
John,

Absolutely fantastic photos, as always, I'd love to buff out your way someday, so many neat rigs. Do you or Paul happen to have any photos that you could post of a Sutphen tower that was refurbished with a HME cab in the St. Paul area, maybe South St. Paul? Also, do you have anything from the refineries in the Twin Cities? I think there was a Koch refinery that had some very unique equipment, maybe a big conventional engine and an E\-One quint with two guns on the ladder tip? Thanks!
[quote name='jlg1875' post='178884' date='Jan 10 2008, 11:18 ']John,

Absolutely fantastic photos, as always, I'd love to buff out your way someday, so many neat rigs. Do you or Paul happen to have any photos that you could post of a Sutphen tower that was refurbished with a HME cab in the St. Paul area, maybe South St. Paul? Also, do you have anything from the refineries in the Twin Cities? I think there was a Koch refinery that had some very unique equipment, maybe a big conventional engine and an E\-One quint with two guns on the ladder tip? Thanks![/quote]

Here's the Sutphen rehab (poor quality shot I snapped @ the '06 Burnsville Fire Muster). It's from North St. Paul. South St. Paul has a Sutphen rehab on a Pierce Arrow chassis (as does Hopkins). Enjoy!

Attached Files Image(s)

Juergen Thanks for the compliment.

jlq1875: Thank you for the compliment also. I do have pictures of some of the rigs you requested. Most were taken before I started getting info, and some were taken by Paul and as long as it has a Q and a booster line, he does not get too excited about the rest.

First up is North St. Paul L-5 Custom Fire did the refurb. 2002 HME/1982 Sutphen 1500/250
There are two refineries in the Metro. The Koch Refinery and the Marathon Oil Refinery, that used to be owned by Ashland Oil.

I have two pictures of Marathon rigs. If somebody has specs on these rigs, feel free to jump in.
This next one is a 2004 E\-One 3500/500/800
Next up is the Koch Refinery.

E-2

Paul Barrett photo
E-3 Kenworth/E-One Paul Barrett photo
E-4 Paul Barrett photo
L-2 Paul Barrett photo
Last one that I have is a 1982 Spartan/E-One 1250/1000 LW/50' Sqt Joe Bond photo.
here is my photo of the Ashland Oil unit. I have it recorded as a 1991 Chubb National Foam/White-GMC

1500 gpm; no water; 1000 gals. foam; 55' tele-squrt.

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='photobuff6162' post='178920' date='Jan 10 2008, 16:26 ']There are two refineries in the Metro. The Koch Refinery and the Marathon Oil Refinery, that used to be owned by Ashland Oil.

I have two pictures of Marathon rigs. If somebody has specs on these rigs, feel free to jump in.[/quote]

John,

Those are the ones, THANKS so much for posting them, much appreciated! I have never seen a "good" photo of the North St. Paul tower which I've been looking for for some time. I've seen Sutphens refurbed with other manufacturers' cabs, but never a HME. Great shot of it by the way! I didn't know about the Koch Pierce, I have seen photos somewhere of the E-Ones from there, but nothing as nice as Paul's pics. That ladder is really unique, don't think I've ever seen a ladder tip set up that way anywhere else.
Here are some specs of the Koch Refinery units:

Ladder 2: 1995 E\-One Cyclone II 3000 gpm-pump, 750 gallons of foam, 95' ladder

Engine 3: 1995 Kenworth T-800/E-One 3000 gpm-pump, 3000 gallons of foam

Engine 4: Same specs as Engine 3, same year

Juergen
John,

I was passing through North St. Paul yesterday and saw the city's tree trimming truck which has a Sutphen cab and chassis so I was wondering if this was originally the cab and chassis of the aerial refurbed as the present Ladder 5?

Thanks,

Frenchy
David "Frenchy" French

"If I wanted smoke blown up my ass, I'd be at home with a pack of cigarettes and a short length of hose"
A few pics of the North St.Paul Ladder being discussed from the 2006 Burnsville Fire Muster.

Dave McClung

Arden Hills, Minnesota but....

my heart is also back in Northern VA, especially Alexandria.

All pictures are taken by me and subject to copyright.

No picture taken by me may be copied or linked without my

express permission.

Dave McClung

Arden Hills, Minnesota but....

my heart is also back in Northern VA, especially Alexandria.

All pictures are taken by me and subject to copyright.

No picture taken by me may be copied or linked without my

express permission.
[quote name='photobuff6162' post='178922' date='Jan 10 2008, 15:39 ']This next one is a 2004 E\-One 3500/500/800[/quote]

I have this down as a 2003 E\-One with a 4500gpm pump, 700 gallons of water and 800 gallons of Class B foam. SO# 127295
Dennis Metzger

Eden Prairie, MN

Canon EOS T3i

All photos Copyright Metzger.Media 2014 unless otherwise noted
Northfield/MN

1978 Hendrickson 1871 S/General Safety

1500 gpm/500 water/ 50' Telesqurt

Joe Bond photo