Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pacific Northwest
Thanks for the information. What is the staffing of the Engine and Truck in a Bellvue LF? And what is the staffing of their other companies?

Thanks.
Larry Di Camillo

Fire Chief

Stafford Fire Department

www.staffordfirerescue.org

Engineer/Operator

Houston Fire Department

Ladder Co. 68 "A"

www.firehouse68.com
[quote name='Ladder 68' post='174885' date='Dec 29 2007, 13:21 ']Thanks for the information. What is the staffing of the Engine and Truck in a Bellvue LF? And what is the staffing of their other companies?

Thanks.[/quote]

LF 7 is staffed with 5. LF 3 is staffed with 4. From what I have read, it looks like the fifth member of LF 3 was reassigned as an aid to the Battalion Chief back in 2004. Fire Stations 2, 5, 6, 8, and 9 are staffed with 3. They cross-staff and engine and aid unit. Engine 1 is staffed with three. Aid 1 and Aid 3 are staffed with 2.
Brian Birmingham

[url="http://www.bbirmingham.com"]bbirmingham.com[/url]
So all the stand alone Engine Co.'s are staffed with 3. If they have an Aid Unit in house then 2 of them jump on the Aid Unit if it catches a run leaving 1 behind on the engine? If this is correct, is the Engine Co. out of service until the return of the Aid Unit?

Engine 1 is the exception to this and has dedicated 3 person staffing with Aid 1 and Aid 3 having 2 dedicated personnel?

LF3 runs a pumper and TDA with 4 personnel? They function as either an engine or truck depending on the circumstance.

LF7 runs a pumper and TDA with 5 personnel? They function as either an engine or truck depending on the circumstance.

What are their alarm assignments?

Thanks for all the great information.
Larry Di Camillo

Fire Chief

Stafford Fire Department

www.staffordfirerescue.org

Engineer/Operator

Houston Fire Department

Ladder Co. 68 "A"

www.firehouse68.com
[quote name='Ladder 68' post='174912' date='Dec 29 2007, 15:01 ']So all the stand alone Engine Co.'s are staffed with 3. If they have an Aid Unit in house then 2 of them jump on the Aid Unit if it catches a run leaving 1 behind on the engine? If this is correct, is the Engine Co. out of service until the return of the Aid Unit?

If

Engine 1 is the exception to this and has dedicated 3 person staffing with Aid 1 and Aid 3 having 2 dedicated personnel?

LF3 runs a pumper and TDA with 4 personnel? They function as either an engine or truck depending on the circumstance.

LF7 runs a pumper and TDA with 5 personnel? They function as either an engine or truck depending on the circumstance.

What are their alarm assignments?

Thanks for all the great information.[/quote]
Brian Birmingham

[quote name='Ladder 68' post='174912' date='Dec 29 2007, 15:01 ']So all the stand alone Engine Co.'s are staffed with 3. If they have an Aid Unit in house then 2 of them jump on the Aid Unit if it catches a run leaving 1 behind on the engine? If this is correct, is the Engine Co. out of service until the return of the Aid Unit?

[indent]If the station has an engine and aid unit that are cross-staffed, the entire crew will take the appropriate vehicle, leaving the other out of service. From what I have seen and heard, it is not uncommon for the crew to take both vehicles on non-emergency trips out of the station, inspections, store, etc. There is a lot of variation here.

[/indent]Engine 1 is the exception to this and has dedicated 3 person staffing with Aid 1 and Aid 3 having 2 dedicated personnel?

[indent]Yes

[/indent]LF3 runs a pumper and TDA with 4 personnel? They function as either an engine or truck depending on the circumstance.

[indent]Yes

[/indent]

[indent]Yes

[/indent]

What are their alarm assignments? [indent]The typical full response for a structure fire is 3 engines, 1 truck (Light Force), 1 aid unit, 1 Battalion Chief.

A traffic accident would get 1 engine and 1 aid unit.

[/indent]Thanks for all the great information.[/quote]
Brian Birmingham

I am sorry about the above mess. I don't know why the extra replies were added.
Brian Birmingham

[quote name='DaveYoung' post='174850' date='Dec 29 2007, 10:11 ']TransverseRoad: I knew about the LF's at Stations 3 and 7. Is the third LF fairly recent? What station is it running from? Thanks in advance and thank you as well for all of the Seattle metro information and pics. I don't get up there much anymore.[/quote]

Sorry Dave, for the misleading information. I thought that Station 9 has a TDA and that was another LF Unit. Please excuse, and thanks to everyone else who provided additional info.
[quote name='Bryce' post='172574' date='Dec 19 2007, 18:06 ']Just keeping this thread alive by posting some pics that I took on 6/2/91 when I was 14 years old. The first one is Seattle Ladder 4, Unit 99 (the shipboard firefighting unit -- a converted aid car), Engine 36, and Engine 2. Love those KW's!

[Image: post-46-1198116304.jpg][/quote]

Great shots, Bryce, would love to see more when you have time to scan them. I wondered where this was taken and what building that big factory is in the background. I have lived here for nearly 12 years and don't recognize it. Maybe it was gone before I moved here.

Thanks,

John
No worries TR. 9 should have a ladder, imo.
[quote name='johnward' post='177118' date='Jan 3 2008, 21:57 ']Great shots, Bryce, would love to see more when you have time to scan them. I wondered where this was taken and what building that big factory is in the background. I have lived here for nearly 12 years and don't recognize it. Maybe it was gone before I moved here.

Thanks,

John[/quote]

John -- that building is the old Lake Union steam plant. It was renovated years ago and I think now is occupied by Zymogenetics. It looks way, way different than it did back then. It's been cleaned up and has four dummy smokestacks on top now. The fire was a ship on the south end of Lake Union.

I'll try and get some more scanned soon if I can find the time, along with some other local fires from the 90's.
Here are some from Eugene, OR.

Attached Files Image(s)

Eugene Engine 10

Attached Files Image(s)

Eugene Engine 11 using a Reserve Engine. This Engine was traded in when they Eugene bought the new TDA and the two quints.

Attached Files Image(s)

Eugene Brush 10

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Springfield, OR Tanker

Springfield Heavy Rescue

[quote name='Bryce' post='177152' date='Jan 4 2008, 05:59 ']John -- that building is the old Lake Union steam plant. It was renovated years ago and I think now is occupied by Zymogenetics. It looks way, way different than it did back then. It's been cleaned up and has four dummy smokestacks on top now. The fire was a ship on the south end of Lake Union.

I'll try and get some more scanned soon if I can find the time, along with some other local fires from the 90's.[/quote]

Bryce-

Thanks for the reply. Yep, that building sure does look a lot different now, along with that whole neighborhood.

Thanks for the great pics.

John
Computer Guy - What are the assignments of the new Pierce Velocity's in Eugene. Do you have the specs for them also.
[quote name='bcfd424' post='184652' date='Jan 28 2008, 09:58 ']Computer Guy - What are the assignments of the new Pierce Velocity's in Eugene. Do you have the specs for them also.[/quote]

The new Velocity Engines are Engines 1, 6, 10, 11, & 13. They are suppose to be getting 1 more this Spring. Truck 2 is also a new Velocity 100' platform.

This is from Pierce website.

Department: City of Eugene Fire & EMS Department. Eugene, OR

Job Number: 19213

Category: Aerials, Pumpers

Chassis: Velocity™

Body: 100' Platform , Pumper

Engine: Detroit S60

Foam System: Husky® foam system

Pump: Waterous

Generator: Harrison

Safety: Control Zone™, Hydraulic Ladder Gantry, Pack Mule™ Ergonomic Hosebed
Seen today on Lake City Way, SFD Engine 31 with a new E\-One rig.