Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ford C Series Chassis Fire Apparatus

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

ashland american hose schuylkill county pa still runs this 1980 ford c fmc as second out engine
tom bretz a ffII,retired disabled ff/emt from Kingston PA F D,own 2 wardlafranceengs a 49,a66,member of iaff 840,six cnty fire asso,pa state firemen's assoc, pa pump primers,schuylkill historic fire soc(spaamfaa's newest chapter--black diamond),luzerne cnty fire/rescue,life mem of columbian fire co kingston,former app op at laflin,edwrdsvlle,forty fort all in pa
Rockdale, Tx

Engine 722

1990 Ford C8000/Pierce

1250/1000

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='ffdrive' post='181818' date='Jan 20 2008, 16:00 ']Back in the 70's, it was popular to have the big detroits put in Ford C's in Canada...Toronto, Ajax, Missisauga, London etc all had them.....It made them stand very high...and ya gotta love the sound of those old detroits.....there are a bunch posted in different places here.....[/quote]

Thanks. I'll have to look them up.
[quote name='ffdrive' post='181818' date='Jan 20 2008, 16:00 ']Back in the 70's, it was popular to have the big detroits put in Ford C's in Canada...Toronto, Ajax, Missisauga, London etc all had them.....It made them stand very high...and ya gotta love the sound of those old detroits.....there are a bunch posted in different places here.....[/quote]

Do you know specifically what engines those above rigs had in them, 6V-53, 6-71, 8V-71, etc? I know the 6V-53 was generally VERY popular in and around where I'm from. But all Ford C-series in this region were either CAT 3208, V-8 gas, 8.2L, plus a few with Dorset diesels and Cummins NT-185(?). I noticed the St. Paul rig had a 300 HP diesel in it as well.

Thanks.
[quote name='seagrave_rearadmiral' post='183574' date='Jan 25 2008, 09:38 ']Do you know specifically what engines those above rigs had in them, 6V-53, 6-71, 8V-71, etc? I know the 6V-53 was generally VERY popular in and around where I'm from. But all Ford C-series in this region were either CAT 3208, V-8 gas, 8.2L, plus a few with Dorset diesels and Cummins NT-185(?). I noticed the St. Paul rig had a 300 HP diesel in it as well.

Thanks.[/quote]

Mississauga's early Ford C's were powered by the 534 c.i. gasoline engine. Starting in the mid 70's Ford C's were equipped with the Detroit Diesel 6V-71.
Bob

Retired and still a tax payer.