Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Philadelphia, PA
The above station is not in use as a fire house any more.

It was located neer the docks.

Check out the PNSY American LaFrance TDA
The main Fire House on Porter (now Kitty Hawk) & 2nd, This is the one that has the cobblestone floor and Horse stall converted offices,

the far right side was used for other Navy yars storage, not all bays were used by the Fire dept when I was there
Another shot of the department
PNSY ALF Pioneer?
This brand new 1973 Seagrave pumper was still in service in 1988.
1973 Seagrave
73 Seagrave
A shot of another rig
A photo out front of the station
another shot of a ALF TDA aerial
American LaFrance pumper at Fire Prevention PNSY
another shot
Frank B, Great shots of the PNSY rigs, thanks for posting. Could you post the USN registration numbers for the 2 AmLaFr Pioneers from your original pixs? Thanks
I dont have any information on these at all.

All of these recent PNSY popstings were from a former fire fighter. (Bill Campbell)

The realy nice Black and white photos were from the Navy yard, records dept. I would like to look into that area to see if they still exist, and what else the have.

[color="#000080"]

Fire fighter Bill Campbell at the Philadelphia Navy Yard 1973-4, Thanks for the photos Bill!
[/color]
[quote name='firebuff55407' post='68428' date='Jan 17 2007, 18:01 ']Ladder 25 operated one of seven 1968 Seagrave 100-foot TDA's.

- Photo by Steve Skaar[/quote]I've been looking for a photo of one of these rigs for YEARS. I grew up in L-24's first due in West Philly and I very fondly remember their IHC tilt-cab pump and Seagrave tiller with its LOUD 6V-53 Detroit Diesel. Thanks.
Pipeline 28's new apparatus. 2007 American LaFrance 1500/500

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='pfdbuff' post='186270' date='Feb 3 2008, 09:40 ']Pipeline 28's new apparatus. 2007 American LaFrance 1500/500[/quote]

Nice to see the KME's finally getting pushed into reserve. I heard nothing good about those rigs. Someone I know calls them "Keeping Mechaincs Employed."
[quote name='seagrave_rearadmiral' post='186669' date='Feb 4 2008, 17:09 ']Nice to see the KME's finally getting pushed into reserve. I heard nothing good about those rigs. Someone I know calls them "Keeping Mechaincs Employed."[/quote]

Actually, this piece replaced a 91 Seagrave. Once the other four new ALF engines are in service, they too will be replacing 91 Seagrave pumpers. The KME's will be around for a little while longer.
[quote name='seagrave_rearadmiral' post='186669' date='Feb 4 2008, 17:09 ']Nice to see the KME's finally getting pushed into reserve. I heard nothing good about those rigs. Someone I know calls them "Keeping Mechaincs Employed."[/quote]

I hear the same thing....except the people i hear it from say its "K-Mart Equipment"
[quote name='Frank B' post='175491' date='Dec 31 2007, 02:35 ']another shot of a ALF TDA aerial[/quote]

I was wondering why they didn't jack knifed the truck. It is because the ride didn't have axle locks?
John Hinant
Retired Member of Richmond VA Fire Bureau

October 25, 1858 - October 25, 2020 = 162 years old
The sixth oldest paid, documented, Fire Department in the United States
First established in 1782

"In God We Trust - All Others We Take For Granted"