Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Virginia apparatus - miscellaneous
Henrico's Tanker 3 was this 1971 International with a 2500 gallon water tank. Photographed in 1978.

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA

Attached Files Image(s)

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
Another interesting Henrico tanker was Tanker 4, a 1954 International with a 6000 gallon tank.

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA

Attached Files Image(s)

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
The final photo from Henrico County is from the Henrico County Rescue Squad. Squad 1 is a 1961 Ford/Baker.

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA

Attached Files Image(s)

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
[quote name='Truckman' post='187992' date='Feb 10 2008, 14:14 ']Mike, I posted this ride under "International" and it was a Shop built tanker. It had a PTO pump, carried 1500 gallons of water, had a couple of Indian Tanks, several sections of 3" hard sleeve so engines could "nurse" from it. Also the booster line on top.

The ride you posted as Foam 8 begin its life in 1966 as Wagon 13. Later it found it way to station 21 as a foam unit and then over to the 8's.[/quote]

John,

I recall seeing the tanker posted before. Thank you for the additional information.

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA
Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
Chris Fox - these next two are for you - Gainesville - Haymarket, Virginia in Prince William County.

Engine 4-1 was this 1971 Chevrolet C60/American/Hagan ?? with a 500 gpm pump. The information on the slide says a 600 gallon water tank.

Photographed in 1981.

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA

Attached Files Image(s)

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
It appears that Prince William County owned this brush truck and assigned it to Gainesville - Haymarket Station 4.

Brush 4

1970 Ford

250/275

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA

Attached Files Image(s)

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
The battleship gray's from Roanoke, Virginia. Here are a few.

Roanoke, VA

Engine 18

1946 Seagrave

750gpm

s/n C-7070

photographed in 1974

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA

Attached Files Image(s)

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
Engine 11 in Roanoke ran this 1950 Corbitt/Oren with a 1000 gpm pump and 150 gallon water tank. Roanoke purchased four of these pumpers. Photographed in 1974.

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA

Attached Files Image(s)

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
Here is an unusual Ward LaFrance from Roanoke. I am not sure what engine number this is, but it may be Engine 7. From some history information I have regarding Roanoke, they purchased a 1949 Ward LaFrance with a 750 gpm pump. A note in that history says that this was an ex- ladder truck. The possible Ward LaFrance serial number is 502451.

This one sounds interesting. Any other information would be appreciated.

Photographed in 1973.

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA

Attached Files Image(s)

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
Here is the last Roanoke battle ship gray I have - Tanker 1 is a 1950 Dodge/Oren with a 1500 gallon water tank.

Photographed in 1974.

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA

Attached Files Image(s)

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
Mike,

I'm pretty sure that the Ocean Park, VA. rescue was sold to the Sugarloaf Fire Co. in Luzerne County, PA. and painted yellow. It was replaced a number of years go. It was definetely an odd ball rig from the pictures I've seen, but I have no other information on it.
Final one from Roanoke. From battle ship gray they went to red.

I believe that Roanoke ran several of these International/Oren's. I am unsure of the unit number on this one.

1970 International/Oren

750/250

Photographed in 1973

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA

Attached Files Image(s)

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
Mike: After checking some older Grove aerial delivery lists I find that the Henrico unit was a single delivery with Grove model number 4S-100, serial number 2034-62, shipped from Grove to Oren in December, 1962. Hope that this helps out.

Tom Shand

Hamburg, New York
[quote name='Shoop' post='188039' date='Feb 10 2008, 15:29 ']Mike,

I'm pretty sure that the Ocean Park, VA. rescue was sold to the Sugarloaf Fire Co. in Luzerne County, PA. and painted yellow. It was replaced a number of years go. It was definetely an odd ball rig from the pictures I've seen, but I have no other information on it.[/quote]

Thank you Patrick for that information.

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA
Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
[quote name='foghog333' post='188080' date='Feb 10 2008, 18:00 ']Mike: After checking some older Grove aerial delivery lists I find that the Henrico unit was a single delivery with Grove model number 4S-100, serial number 2034-62, shipped from Grove to Oren in December, 1962. Hope that this helps out.

Tom Shand

Hamburg, New York[/quote]

Tom,

That clears up the confusion. I appreciate the time checking this out.

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA
Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
[quote name='mnsand' post='187976' date='Feb 10 2008, 13:29 ']The Ocean Park Volunteer Rescue Squad in Virginia Beach ran this 1973 Hendrickson as their Rescue 123.

No other information - any help is appreciated.

Photo taken in 1974

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA[/quote]

Does anyone know if this truck was eventually sold to Sugarloaf Township, PA? I can remember them purchasing a used rig very similar. It was repainted an orange/yellow color.
[quote name='HIT6' post='188098' date='Feb 10 2008, 18:46 ']Does anyone know if this truck was eventually sold to Sugarloaf Township, PA? I can remember them purchasing a used rig very similar. It was repainted an orange/yellow color.[/quote]

This is the rig I was asking about, sorry.

Attached Files Image(s)

Petersburg, Virginia Engine 2 was photographed on the front ramp in 1971. It is a 1970 John Bean with a 750gpm pump.

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA

Attached Files Image(s)

Mike Sanders

Winchester, VA
HIT6,

Check a couple posts up above yours.

Patrick
[quote name='mnsand' post='188037' date='Feb 10 2008, 15:25 ']Here is an unusual Ward LaFrance from Roanoke. I am not sure what engine number this is, but it may be Engine 7. From some history information I have regarding Roanoke, they purchased a 1949 Ward LaFrance with a 750 gpm pump. A note in that history says that this was an ex- ladder truck. The possible Ward LaFrance serial number is 502451.

This one sounds interesting. Any other information would be appreciated.

Photographed in 1973.

Mike Sanders

Ashburn, VA[/quote]

the Ward list I have has this :

2451 Roanoke R F D VA 82T DS F&R Qtrs/ PS F&R Qtrs/ PP/ Closed Cab

doesnt seem like it was an aerial, but who knows. also, the ward serials of that era break down 50 is the year completed 2451 is the production number.

Mike