Thank you for the info.
1988 ? Seagrave

Truck 82

Credit to Photographer

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='BAIN172' post='208050' date='Apr 23 2008, 17:25 ']1988 ? Seagrave

Truck 82

Credit to Photographer[/quote]

1984 Seagrave. This rig and L-47 were the first two Seagrave rearmounts with dual rear axles delivered.
The only MARC in 46 ENGINE!

NEVER FORGET 9-11-01 F.D.N.Y. 343

RIP FF John Bellew 27 Truck F.D.N.Y. 1-23-05

RIP Captain Frank Keane 46 Engine F.D.N.Y 12-11-06
[quote name='BAIN172' post='208044' date='Apr 23 2008, 14:11 ']1984 American Lafrance/LTI

Truck 14

Credit to photographer[/quote]

Never seen this before, is this a one-of-a-kind?
[quote name='code20photog' post='208114' date='Apr 23 2008, 20:41 ']Never seen this before, is this a one-of-a-kind?[/quote]

Negative. There were two delivered in April of '85. One went to 14 Truck and the other went to 163 Truck. No more were ever ordered.

A quick side story. The rig that was assigned to 163 eventually went to 14 Truck after 14's was put out of service. One day as they were operating this rig at a job, the rig tipped over on it's side with the tower raised, trapping several fireman beneath it. I remember vividly reading in the NY Post how they said Fireman, cops, and crackheads alike all ran over and literally used brute strength to lift the ladder off of the firemen.

[quote name='Crossbronxxpress' post='208116' date='Apr 23 2008, 20:49 ']A quick side story. The rig that was assigned to 163 eventually went to 14 Truck after 14's was put out of service. One day as they were operating this rig at a job, the rig tipped over on it's side with the tower raised, trapping several fireman beneath it. I remember vividly reading in the NY Post how they said Fireman, cops, and crackheads alike all ran over and literally used brute strength to lift the ladder off of the firemen.[/quote]

although i was a few years old when that happened i rember seeing a picture of it in the post cant rember if it was on the front page though. all you saw was the ladder tipped over next to a building.
[quote name='anesti' post='208120' date='Apr 23 2008, 21:03 ']although i was a few years old when that happened i rember seeing a picture of it in the post cant rember if it was on the front page though. all you saw was the ladder tipped over next to a building.[/quote]

I remember when TL-44 went over at a job I want to say on Morris Ave. But I do not recall 14 going over. If someone could post the whole story that would be great.

Thanks
Here is Ladder 36 at my job for take your kids to work day. They came up to show the kids about fire safety.

Thanks to the crew and the Capt. great jobs guys.

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='cpage' post='208291' date='Apr 24 2008, 16:17 ']Here is Ladder 36 at my job for take your kids to work day. They came up to show the kids about fire safety.

Thanks to the crew and the Capt. great jobs guys.[/quote]

where is that location the rock? i know for sure that isnt anywhere in inwood.
[quote name='anesti' post='208304' date='Apr 24 2008, 16:23 ']where is that location the rock? i know for sure that isnt anywhere in inwood.[/quote]

It was at the Allen Pavilion Hospital part of NYPH location is 220 Street and Broadway.
[quote name='cpage' post='208164' date='Apr 24 2008, 04:52 ']I remember when TL-44 went over at a job I want to say on Morris Ave. But I do not recall 14 going over. If someone could post the whole story that would be great.

Thanks[/quote]

They were operating on a narrow street in Harlem. Fire building was off on one side, they had tight squeeze and short jacked the side opposite the fire building. It was an occupied structure and there were people at the windows.

Bucket went up and started picking up a bunch of civilians. There were still more people to pick up and the bucket crew knew they didn't have enough time to bring the bucket all the way to the ground and drop off the civilians and then go back up for the other trapped people. In the tight streets of NY, the opposite roof is really very close, so they made the decision to just rotate the tower 180 degrees and drop the civilians off on the roof of the building across the street and then go back for the other victims.

For whatever reason they either didn't know or had forgotten about the short jacking of the outriggers on the other side. As soon as the bucket rotated past center on the short jacked side, the truck started to go over.

But, because the streets are so tight, the platform was scrapping across the front of the building, and instead of it collapsing instantly, it basically jumped and skipped from floor to floor all the way down to the ground, slow enough that the members and civilians in the bucket were not killed.

Had this occurred in a less densely occupied area, the entire truck and ladder would have come right down and most likely killed everyone in the bucket. I don't recall the extent of the injuries, I believe they were severe but I know nobody died. I recall that they righted the truck and were able to retract the ladder, but I don't know if it ever saw service again.
Here are a few of the pictures I took yesterday in the rain.
Sorry having a hard time uploading the pictures. I will try later.
couple of pictures taken from slides of the Super Pumper in the 1965 100th Anniversary of the FDNY Parade

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

another image from the same batch of slides from that parade

[quote name='cpage' post='208164' date='Apr 24 2008, 04:52 ']I remember when TL-44 went over at a job I want to say on Morris Ave. But I do not recall 14 going over. If someone could post the whole story that would be great.

Thanks[/quote]

you mean this. I have this slide in my collection.

[quote name='FDNYTRUCKS.com' post='209972' date='Apr 30 2008, 22:06 ']you mean this. I have this slide in my collection.[/quote]

Mike - Do you have a shot of 111 when the wall collapsed and took the bucket off the rig??? 60's or 70's time frame I think
[quote name='Fireman5230' post='209980' date='Apr 30 2008, 22:18 ']Mike - Do you have a shot of 111 when the wall collapsed and took the bucket off the rig??? 60's or 70's time frame I think[/quote]

-That pic of 111 is in Warren Fuchs' book "Where's The Fire"

-TL-44's flipped rig is also in Barry/Dick's book "New York's Bravest"
[quote name='R1SmokeEater' post='210042' date='May 1 2008, 11:48 ']-That pic of 111 is in Warren Fuchs' book "Where's The Fire"

-TL-44's flipped rig is also in Barry/Dick's book "New York's Bravest"[/quote]

yup in 120's book page 100.knickerbocker ave and harmon street box 759.november 1981.