Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Relics
I photographed this vehicle in 2000 in a field by the road in - I am not sure - eastern California or Nevada. Seemed in decent condition but without pump, tools or licence plates (except behind windscreen, unreadable now).

While tavelling to my adopted home of Boston (that's Bahstun), I came upon a very tired Ford/Thibault along the road on Route 20 near Northboro Mass. Locals say it was there for a while and it has seen better days, but it isn't dead yet. It looks like it may have been a Canadian piece by the rear oval lights in the rear. They were common up there ey! Ironically, Northboro had a 5+ "Bagga" that night in a stripmall not far from this rig. Yes I can prove my whereabouts that evening!.    
This is the rear of the rig with those oval red lights I mentioned............

[quote name='fyreboss' post='210300' date='May 2 2008, 11:28 ']While tavelling to my adopted home of Boston (that's Bahstun), I came upon a very tired Ford/Thibault along the road on Route 20 near Northboro Mass. Locals say it was there for a while and it has seen better days, but it isn't dead yet. It looks like it may have been a Canadian piece by the rear oval lights in the rear. They were common up there ey! Ironically, Northboro had a 5+ "Bagga" that night in a stripmall not far from this rig. Yes I can prove my whereabouts that evening!.[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=18403][/quote]

If you get a Serial # off this truck I could check my Thibault database.
Upon further investigation, this rig looks to be a former Bellingham, MA rig.
After consulting with a friend of my fathers who used to be on the job Franklin (right next door to Bellingham) I concur with the previous post. He mentioned it was a local reserve piece alot of times when neighboring departments needed it.
[quote name='atlanticfiretrucks.com' post='210340' date='May 2 2008, 14:49 ']If you get a Serial # off this truck I could check my Thibault database.[/quote]

That truck is on Route 20 in Auburn, MA It was used by the Metropolitian District Commision. They are now part of the Dept of conservation and Recreation.
Thanks for the info, you cleared up the mystery nicley.
FDNY SL8201, sitting in a field in Madison County, NY. Can anyone verify which company(s) this served with?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

John Kenealy

[url="http://www.cnyfiretrucks.com"]CNYFiretrucks.com: Over 5200 photos of apparatus from over 1000 New York State Departments![/url]

[Image: IMAG0400.jpg] New York
FDNY SL8201

Ladder 166
Spotted this rig in Winchester while at Apple Blossom, sitting in a fenced yard at a business on N Cameron Street just a block or so up from the Parade line-up.

1952 GMC/Pirsh Former Buchanon Valley, PA Engine 27-2. The rig was originally white over red, and was put in service by BVVFD in the mid 80s, when the fire company went into operation...(27-1 was a '58 International, unknown apparatus maker.)

Right side shot...

Engine 1 to all units, we've got a glow in the sky!

If God's not a Hokie, Then why do the leaves turn Maroon and Orange in the Fall?

My [url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotowun/"]Flickr Account[/url]
Left side (Best I could do...Da fence just wouldn't cooperate!)

I'm wondering if, in it's earlier life, this rig may have been a Civil Defense rig

If God's not a Hokie, Then why do the leaves turn Maroon and Orange in the Fall?

Same rig in better days.

Credit to the original photographer and [url="http://www.buchananvalleyfd.org/"]the BVVFD website[/url]

[quote name='Ed O'Connell' post='149784' date='Sep 19 2007, 21:28 '][Image: post-110-1190247377.jpg]

I don't think it has moved in over 20 years. I remember first driving past it in the late 80s on the way up to the NJ First Aid Council convention in the Catskills. I always wanted to get a closer look at it and find out where it originally ran. Thanks to FDNYTrucks for the ID. It's a neat rig. It's sad to see it rusting away.[/quote]

It moved! The whole hill has been cleared for development as of last week! WTF?
I stumbled upon this rig in Theressia, FL. It was built on a Mack chassis by the Florida Forestry Commission. When I shot it, I was thinking that it was similar to a rig I had shot many years ago at the Georgia Forestry annual show in Perry, GA. When I compared the pics, it's the same rig, but the 250 GPM pump, 5 gallon Class A foam system and booster reel have been removed. This rig has a 1000 gallon tank.

Attached Files Image(s)

Parked next to the same station was this 1978 GMC/E-One 750/500, #1202. It was lettered for Heilbron Springs FD, wherever that is.

Attached Files Image(s)

Also at Theressia was this former US Navy rig, a 1980 GMC 7000/Fire-Tec 250/400/30F 4x4, USN# 73-02635. Looks like it's seen better days!

Attached Files Image(s)

Above pix, US Navy 73-2635 served at Naval Air Station Jacksonville FL.
GA Dave, Love the FL Forestry R? chassis. Don't see too many of them in the Fire Service.
[quote name='KFDI3' post='212859' date='May 11 2008, 15:11 ']GA Dave, Love the FL Forestry R? chassis. Don't see too many of them in the Fire Service.[/quote]

Too big for an 'R'. Looks like maybe a DM (Dumper/Mixer) series chassis.