Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
F.D.N.Y.
Does anyone know what LSU stands for on a FDNY EMS truck? The truck was similar to the CPC or Emergency crew trucks. I saw a picture of it on the news at the scene of a motor vehicle crash involving a FDNY ambulance. Thanks.

Scott
Logistical Support Unit. Carries extra supplies for MCIs and other assorted events.
[quote name='NJMedic' post='210375' date='May 2 2008, 16:18 ']Logistical Support Unit. Carries extra supplies for MCIs and other assorted events.[/quote]

Thanks Brian!
[quote name='anesti' post='134359' date='Jul 28 2007, 16:00 ']ladder 44 at todays all hands at shakesphere ave and 169th st back to a spare i see what is going on with there rig[/quote]

This style of Tower Ladder has always been my favorite design from FDNY.... they just look mean with that single outrigger on the front and the dog dish/spoked wheels. There is just something special looking about these, when I was at Engine 82/Ladder 31 they were running one of these for Ladder 31 for the day... I mentioned this to one of the guys (they were all really, really nice) and he looked at me like I took a poo on a picture of his mother... so I guess THEY weren't as happy with it as I was LOL.

Dave
I just realized, I haven't put this request out here again and it is a new year... so here goes.... does anyone have pictures of the 1981 Mack Scope that Ladder 1 was running? It would be a single axle scope and should have a grey boom. My department is the owner of this piece and we would all like to see it in it's FDNY days.

Thank you,

Dave Fritz

[Image: t812.jpg]

[Image: S6300789.jpg]

Shown here getting some work at a 4 alarm Hotel Fire (Photo credit to Greg Leaman from the Lancaster Township Fire Department and "Downtown" Ricky Brown)
Was able to get some pics of the new engine for the FDNY at the shop tonight. What a sharp looking rig.
Was able to get some pics of the new engine for the FDNY at the shop tonight. What a sharp looking rig.

Attached Files Image(s)

Front

Attached Files Image(s)

More

Attached Files Image(s)

Some more

Attached Files Image(s)

Rear and side

Attached Files Image(s)

Some more

Attached Files Image(s)

They are pretty sharp looking..... they went with Cummins motors I see... that seems to be a bit of a switch for FDNY (can't recall the last batch that had Cummins motors in them).
That's it for now.

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='Rheems1' post='213623' date='May 13 2008, 22:39 ']They are pretty sharp looking..... they went with Cummins motors I see... that seems to be a bit of a switch for FDNY (can't recall the last batch that had Cummins motors in them).[/quote]

All the 95Ft towers have ISM 450 in them.Starting from 1999 I think

229 and 320 have ISM 385 plus the one truck at the Rock as an ISM in it. 305 has a ISL 350 in it.
buddylee AWESOME WORK!!! I've been waiting to see photos of the new engines, thanks al ot!
People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
Is this 1 rig out of a new batch coming in or a trial/error unit?
Are those warning lights LED's or rotators? And do you have an inside shot of the layout of the crew cab?

Great work!
The only MARC in 46 ENGINE!

NEVER FORGET 9-11-01 F.D.N.Y. 343

RIP FF John Bellew 27 Truck F.D.N.Y. 1-23-05

RIP Captain Frank Keane 46 Engine F.D.N.Y 12-11-06
[quote name='Rheems1' post='210490' date='May 2 2008, 23:29 ']I just realized, I haven't put this request out here again and it is a new year... so here goes.... does anyone have pictures of the 1981 Mack Scope that Ladder 1 was running? It would be a single axle scope and should have a grey boom. My department is the owner of this piece and we would all like to see it in it's FDNY days.

Thank you,

Dave Fritz

[Image: t812.jpg]

[Image: S6300789.jpg]

Shown here getting some work at a 4 alarm Hotel Fire (Photo credit to Greg Leaman from the Lancaster Township Fire Department and "Downtown" Ricky Brown)[/quote]

I have pictures my father took of this rig setting up in front of its quarters in '82 or '83. They aren't the best, but I can try to post them.

FYI, the engine that was assigned to Engine Co. 7 and housed with this truck is also in service in Pennsylvania. It was purchased by Mapleton, PA and is in service as Rescue/Engine 2. Code 3 did a St. Patty's day model of it a few years ago.
Mark Cleck
Battalion Chief 2 - Hagerstown (MD) Fire Department
Assistant Chief - Belleville Fire Co. No. 1
Owner - 1965 IHC/Howe - Belleville, Pennsylvania
[quote name='Crossbronxxpress' post='213650' date='May 14 2008, 02:48 ']Are those warning lights LED's or rotators? And do you have an inside shot of the layout of the crew cab?

Great work![/quote]

I believe they are Federal Signal LED lightbars. Is FDNY going to start specing flowmeters in all of the gauges, or just this training engine?