Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NYPD
[quote name='code20photog' post='209930' date='Apr 30 2008, 15:54 ']Totally forgot to add this...

A NYPD ESU truck you say? Nope, prop vehicle for CSI NY (They film CSI NY caddy-corner to our building on the CBS lot) The neat thing, is that the crew uses it as a tool truck, so it's actually functual.[/quote]

Code20 is that truck missing a lightbar? Sure can't see on on there. Perhaps they use it in background shots?
People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
1 of my local fire department here in Rockland County, just north of New York City, was toned out to stand by for a helicopter landing. I assumed it was a medivac so I decided to take a ride. I was very surprised when I arrived at the landing zone to see an NYPD helicopter and the NYC Police Commissioner get out and get into a blacked out suburban. Apparently he was attending a funeral in Pearl River. Here are a few photos, more can be viewed on my website:

[url="http://www.BrianDuddy.com/g/NYPD"]http://www.BrianDuddy.com/g/NYPD[/url]

[Image: DSC_2475.jpg]

[Image: DSC_2478.jpg]

[Image: DSC_2481.jpg]

[Image: DSC_2491.jpg]

[Image: DSC_2500.jpg]

[Image: DSC_2522.jpg]

[url="http://www.BrianDuddy.com/g/NYPD"]http://www.BrianDuddy.com/g/NYPD[/url]
Well I am finally getting around to posting some of my photos from the April 29th Day of Rememberance event.

First up is 11 Truck. It is the spare and is a 1998 Mack with a Saulsbury body.

Enjoy!

Attached Files Image(s)

Next up is the ESU Mobile Command Post 2004 Chevy/Utilitmaster/LDV

Enjoy

Attached Files Image(s)

Next we have the Decon trailer and its Mack tractor

Attached Files Image(s)

Next up is.....Unit 3519 the Air unit 2006 IH/Pierce

Attached Files Image(s)

Here is REP 5567 parked at the maint garage.

Attached Files Image(s)

This RMI truck is assigned to ESS 10 in Queens and was displaying the remote bomb investigator robot

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Here is the ambulance that was on display. It is a 2007 Ford F-350 and is assigned to the Emergency Medical Bureau.

Attached Files Image(s)

On Thurday before the Rememberance Day. We did a family day and did the circle line crusie around Manhattan, what a GREAT time and great sights! On the eay back to Penn Station we passed the Manhattan South Pct and I caught the Radiation Detection truck parked out front.

The large panels are used to look for radioactive signutures.
lets try this with the RAD Truck 3107

Found this watch tower facing down toward the Hudson

Attached Files Image(s)

We did teh circle line 3 hour cruise around Manhattan and it was GREAT!!!! Saw many sites and passed by the Harbor Shops on Randal Island

[quote name='franksansev' post='214015' date='May 15 2008, 09:33 ']Here is the ambulance that was on display. It is a 2007 Ford F-350 and is assigned to the Emergency Medical Bureau.[/quote]

Are the medics NYPD ESU officers and what are their functions? Do they like tactical medics?
People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
[quote name='JFong' post='214144' date='May 15 2008, 18:27 ']Are the medics NYPD ESU officers and what are their functions? Do they like tactical medics?[/quote]

No they are not Tac Medics. The unit takes care of sick and injured MOS (members of the service) and will transport to and from hospitals and appoinments set up oxygen and other types of medical equipment needed by the injured or sick member. They travel a 200 mile radius around the city. I was curious and asked. The unit is based in Queens on Northern Blvd. I was told that it is ESU for administrative reasons.

Hope this helps.

Also a mea culpa to the group for the small photos was posting from work and didn't have access to a full photo shop program.

Regards

F
The new NYPD Air Unit at the scene of Friday's deadly crane collapse on 1st & 91st (Pic courtesy of my father)

The new NYPD Ferrara HazMat Unit at the scene of Friday's deadly crane collapse on 1st & 91st (Pic courtesy of my father)

NYPD Traffic tow truck at the scene of Friday's deadly crane collapse on 1st & 91st (Pic courtesy of my father)

"Long time no posts" in NYPD....

Here are a few taken by my father at a recent event @ South Street Seaport blessing the FDNY Marine fleet...

more...