Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TEXAS RIGS
Engine 40's brush unit.

Earlier that day we stopped and had dinner @ the 19's. Got a partial shot of US&R 19, but nothing of the Engine or Truck.

Our next stop was in Abilene, TX. Up first is Truck 1, with the crew of station 1 getting ready for a group shot.

Abilene, TX Engine 1.

Abilene, TX Engine 1a

I assume this was the Battalion Chief's vehicle, I didn't get a chance to ask.

Our next stop was in Odessa. Here is Engine 1 catching a med aid with Fire Medic 12.

Odessa Engine 1 by itself.

Odessa Engine 2

Odessa Fire Medic 4

There was an assortment of other vehicles around as well, first up is this Ford Taurus.

This F-250 was marked as a utility.

Not the greatest shot, but this was Battalion 1's Excursion.

Last one from Odessa, the Fire Marshalls car.

Our last stop in Texas was at El Paso Station 33. Here is Pumper 33 posed for the group shot. The man sitting on the bumper is Lorenzo Abundiz, retired Santa Ana, CA firefighter and founder of Code 3 for a Cure.

Here is a shot of P33 catching, you guessed it, a med aid.

And finally a shot of RP33.

WOW El Paso I dont believe I have seen rigs from there before thanks for sharing those.
What type of rig is the Sutphen in the Odessa Fire House? Odessa just took delivery of a fleet of Pierce rigs. They really do not have a real truck company any more do they, just Quints called Engine's? Thanks for the help. Stay Safe
Member: F.O.O.L.S of OZ, IAFF L2542

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Olathe, Kansas Fire Department
Engine Co. 4
Metro Kansas City, Missouri
First off, I didn't get a chance to ask the guys what the run for apparatus. I assume that all their "ladder co's." are quints, but I cannot state that as a fact. As for the Sutphen that is in the station, that is the engine (actually the second) that was donated to the Code 3 for a Cure mission. Once I get a chance to strighten out all my photos I will start a topic on that.