Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Philadelphia, PA
Yep. And the '72 model rigs had the ladders carried flat on the Officers side with both the '71 and '72 rigs having the ladders flat on the Chauffeurs side.

Corrections welcome.
Larry Di Camillo

Fire Chief

Stafford Fire Department

www.staffordfirerescue.org

Engineer/Operator

Houston Fire Department

Ladder Co. 68 "A"

www.firehouse68.com
[quote name='BAIN172' post='102950' date='Apr 30 2007, 19:17 ']Heres philly's old Pierce/oshkosh, and I think it was 38 squrt.[/quote]

where was this found?
SHOE RUN FOR LADDER 12 1915.

Attached Files Image(s)

Terrific pics--those ALF rearmounts look great.
Oops! I almost forgot I had this one...this is how one of the '72s ended its reserve career. Don't know if there were any injuries, but it seems likely.

Attached Files Image(s)

sweeet shots Old Battery!!!
does anybody have a pic of the original air unit 2?it was a 1982 chevy converted from a medic unit
[quote name='Old Battery' post='234981' date='Aug 1 2008, 22:27 ']Oops! I almost forgot I had this one...this is how one of the '72s ended its reserve career. Don't know if there were any injuries, but it seems likely.[/quote]

Looks like they may have hit an EL pillar. Hopefully the boss was ok.
The only MARC in 46 ENGINE!

NEVER FORGET 9-11-01 F.D.N.Y. 343

RIP FF John Bellew 27 Truck F.D.N.Y. 1-23-05

RIP Captain Frank Keane 46 Engine F.D.N.Y 12-11-06
[quote name='tomquimby' post='233968' date='Jul 29 2008, 22:30 ']where was this found?[/quote]

The truck was down in Millville, and one of my dads bubby own it, and was going to put it in there fire co. but they hit it a couple times and lost the entrance in truck and let it rot away at his house, and then he had to dispose of it and thats when I took the photo of it. I think he resold the boom on it, and the motor too. It is a shame the truck would still run. The rest of the truck was scraped. The also sat outside for 10 to 15 years. Joel D. Bain
[quote name='Old Battery' post='234981' date='Aug 1 2008, 22:27 ']Oops! I almost forgot I had this one...this is how one of the '72s ended its reserve career. Don't know if there were any injuries, but it seems likely.[/quote]

I agree with Marc, CrossBronx, El pillar. The bend at the top of the cab is really square and flat. Further left it would have really messed up the ladder.
[quote name='BAIN172' post='235431' date='Aug 3 2008, 13:28 ']The truck was down in Millville, and one of my dads bubby own it, and was going to put it in there fire co. but they hit it a couple times and lost the entrance in truck and let it rot away at his house, and then he had to dispose of it and thats when I took the photo of it. I think he resold the boom on it, and the motor too. It is a shame the truck would still run. The rest of the truck was scraped. The also sat outside for 10 to 15 years. Joel D. Bain[/quote]

thanks man i was just curious to see if it was still around the truck was at the staionn around the corner from me for a long time and i miss seeing it
[quote name='Frank B' post='75887' date='Feb 11 2007, 11:42 ']Another Maxim. Magirus Aerial I thought these were Macks, untill I seen this photo

Also from Jack Robrecht[/quote]

what station is this?
[quote name='Magon Master' post='144868' date='Aug 30 2007, 15:54 ']Nope... all the pictures posted are of the Dual Axle Scope[/quote]

here is the 78 but i don't know who the photographer is
    [quote name='tomquimby' post='236540' date='Aug 6 2008, 20:34 ']here is the 78 but i don't know who the photographer is[/quote]
[quote name='JMPRECISION' post='174685' date='Dec 28 2007, 16:55 ']PHILADELPHIA GF-1 1967 IH[/quote]

was this the grass firefighter fron engine 12 during the late 80's early 90's?
[quote name='pfdbuff' post='212711' date='May 11 2008, 07:41 ']The Giant Deluge has not been scrapped. It is being stored outside at one of the city lots but it is still on the department's roster and the their is no plan to relinquish it. When Medic 49B was organized at Engine 46's house, there was no room to store the piece in the firehouse. It was then moved to a secure outside storage facility.[/quote]

richmond and wheatchief lane
[quote name='tomquimby' post='236540' date='Aug 6 2008, 20:34 ']here is the 78 but i don't know who the photographer is[/quote]

Quimby;

The shot of the Mack Scope is an Old Battery photo
Thanks for the credit, engine 98!

Quimby: I was searching for the Giant Deluge and saw no sign of it at Richmond and Wheatsheaf. Obviously, you need to be a Water Department employee to get in there. Where is that truck exactly? I've been wanting to get a properly posed photo of it for most of my lifetime. Thanks.
[quote name='tomquimby' post='236559' date='Aug 6 2008, 20:53 ']was this the grass firefighter fron engine 12 during the late 80's early 90's?[/quote]

This is the 1982 Chevy/Saulsbury Grass Firefighter that started life at Engine 12. It is currently at Engine 69.

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='Old Battery' post='236800' date='Aug 7 2008, 19:56 ']Thanks for the credit, engine 98!

Quimby: I was searching for the Giant Deluge and saw no sign of it at Richmond and Wheatsheaf. Obviously, you need to be a Water Department employee to get in there. Where is that truck exactly? I've been wanting to get a properly posed photo of it for most of my lifetime. Thanks.[/quote]

its across from the fumes garage