1000 Gpm

Attached image

Was this original to Praireton ?

Thanks,

Bruce
Bruce W. Anderson

Historian

Southeastern PA Region
I recently found this 1948 Mack for sale. I personally went to look at it, its a little rough around the edges but still runs well. Sellers asking price is $2,500 Mack number is 85LS1388

Attached Files Image(s)

Jared Nolt

Proud owner of 1974 FWD/Seagrave Engine 53
[quote name='ifightfire' post='238256' date='Aug 14 2008, 08:21 ']I recently found this 1948 Mack for sale. I personally went to look at it, its a little rough around the edges but still runs well. Sellers asking price is $2,500 Mack number is 85LS1388[/quote]

There is a LOT of work there and a LOT money to be put into this ride to bring her back up as she was in the late 1940's.
John Hinant
Retired Member of Richmond VA Fire Bureau

October 25, 1858 - October 25, 2020 = 162 years old
The sixth oldest paid, documented, Fire Department in the United States
First established in 1782

"In God We Trust - All Others We Take For Granted"
[quote name='ifightfire' post='238256' date='Aug 14 2008, 08:21 ']I recently found this 1948 Mack for sale. I personally went to look at it, its a little rough around the edges but still runs well. Sellers asking price is $2,500 Mack number is 85LS1388[/quote]

any idea whose rig this was? I dont have it in my database, but might have a shot of it.

thanks.

Mike
ifightfire, i sent you a pm.
Please note my E-mail via old FirePics, of the find in Tunkhannock PA.

A large Field, fire apparatus all over the place. (Google search Keelersburg road and Thurston Hollow Road)

If any one is from this area please e-mail me!

Another find, Ashland PA. Schuykill and Columbia Counties this 1940's Chevy WS Darley was sitting in a lot on RT-61

Eng 403 CFD

Mabey Centralia, only a few miles to the north
Chevy WS Darley

Ashland, PA
WS Darley ID plate
Mack from above, 85LS1388 is from Lawerence Township PA Tioga County
[quote name='CNYFireTrucks' post='116702' date='Jun 7 2007, 07:12 ']In another thread, there was discussion of a Ford/Sanford from Brewerton NY that was offered on Ebay. I made contact with the seller and was given permission to go photograph it. It was really wedged in between other trucks, but I managed to get this shot of it.[/quote]

Just to update on the Brewerton engine theat John photgraphed over a year ago. There was a article on the front page of our local weekly newspaper, explaining that a group of firefighters were planning on raising money through some fundraisers to restore the old Ford. There first order of business was finding someone with some experience on the old Flatheads to get her running.

Hello all...I've never posted pics before but here it goes. Unfortunately I have no other info other than I found these in Gunlock, UT. This one appears to still be in service.
This one was behind the "town office"

Head on view

Appears she served "Scipio City?"

And Bountiful, UT

Officers side of the newer one. Sorry for no info. I couldnt find any info visible and didn't want to start opening doors being a stranger in a VERY small town. Thanks for lookin!

#1475-1477 Chevy WS Darley was from Gordon PA 1949
As you all know, a handful of us just completed a "Firepics Invades Rowan County, NC" trip. Dave's posting most of the photos we shot in his "Shots from Here & There" thread. Killer shots of some incredible trucks, you should check them out! However, we shot almost half as many relics as we did in-service rigs! I'll post all our old relic finds here.

These shots were taken in a large field beside "Landis Plumbing" in Landis, NC. Seems the owner of the plumbing store is very into fire trucks, because he has all these, plus another field of relics I'll post in a little bit.

(Unknown Original Owner, No Markings Readable)

19?? American LaFrance 700

???/???

Reg. # 9636

Andrew Messer Photo (2008)

Andrew C. Messer

Haywood County, NC

FM1/1823

Visit My Photo Website! WNC Fire Pics

Proverbs 3:5-6

Charlotte, NC "X Engine 12"

1956 Seagrave 500B

???/???