Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ward LaFrance Ultravision
This one belonged to the fire company in Plains Township, PA and had obviously just been repainted.

Attached Files Image(s)

I believe this late-model rig is still owned by the Feltonville Fire Co. of Chester Township, PA. I don't believe it was theirs originally.

Attached Files Image(s)

here are the year's on all 4 ward's shown

boyertown engine 16-1 is a 1971

boyertown engine 16-A is a 1977

feltonville's is a 1978

and as for plains it is a 1971 it was originally painted red it was refurbuished in the mid 90's at the wilkes barre area vocational school it sat for a couple of years not even touched then it was a spare for a brief period then it was sold to a contractor it's whereabouts now is unsure.
[quote name='reckscoop' post='17171' date='Jul 30 2006, 18:53 ']...and this later-model WLF/Maxim hybrid.[/quote]

Additional info:

The older Ward LaFr Ambassador 1000/1000 is still in service. In the early 90s they extended the hosebed to accomodate 1500 ft of 5 in LDH. The newer one 1250/500 was considered less functional and was sold out-of-turn. In 2002 it was sold to a broker who supposedly re-sold it to a South America location.
MANHASSET-LAKEVILLE LI NY ENGINE 8-7-26 (RETIRED)

1970 WARD LAFRANCE 1500-500

photo by HWDoyle

reckscoop,

Additional info on the Feltonville rig as I have it:

1977 Ward LaFrance Ambassador, canopy cab, 1250/750. The township purchased the truck with a community block grant and leases the truck to the company for a dollar a year. Housed 10/15/77.
Bruce W. Anderson

Historian

Southeastern PA Region
[Image: IMG_0427.jpg]

Ex LAFD Engine now privatley owned
WLF no further details

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

People complaining about spam in the spam mail box... Huh, what'll they think of next?
Santa Rosa CA 1975 WLF with a Fire Spire 106' aerial (National Foam)

#80-1025
Louisville KY 1966 WLF High Ranger #80-101
WLF Squirt
Friendship Int'l

1964 Ward LaFrance

No other Info?

Joel Woods photo

Attached Files Image(s)

Oklahoma City, Ok Sorry NOT one of my better shots!

1977 Ward LaFrance

1250/500

Eng-10

Attached Files Image(s)

Omaha, NE

1971 Ward LaFrance

1750/500

Eng-41

Ron Heal photo

Attached Files Image(s)

Streamwood, IL

1971 Ward LaFrance/Grove

1250 Gpm

100' Truck-9

Ron Heal photo

Attached Files Image(s)

Keep up the good work, add more wlfs.
Here is the only Ward LaFrance P80 Ambassador that I had the honor for shooting. At the time it was still on-duty for Tiawah, OK. I "think" they get it second-hand.

Much to my surprise & delight I have the serial number for it but not the tank.

80-1241 1976 Ward LaFrance P80 Ambassador 1500 (Hale) GPM-Unknown

Attached Files Image(s)

Tiawah's rig is ex-Woodstock, IL.

Mike
Additional/additional info on the Feltonville rig:

It was recently sold out of the fire service to someone in South Jersey ? A collector ?
Bruce W. Anderson

Historian

Southeastern PA Region
Look what I found this past Tuesday in the Home Depot parking lot in Champaign, IL. Sorry I wasnt thinking and got no info on this rig, and honestly was gonna climb around on it and look. I say this, because if I owned it I wouldnt want someone climbing on it if I wasnt around. I did see it later in the day broke down on I-74 East bound almost to Oakwood, IL. If anyone can ID this rig I would appreciate it.