Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tour of New Jersey
Basking Ridge 20-105 E\-One

Lyons VA Hospital in Basking Ridge (Bernards Twp) 59-101 Pierce

[quote name='NJMedic' post='241711' date='Aug 26 2008, 20:44 ']A little slow in adding pictures this month. These were taken at a "show and tell" last month at the Somerset County Fire Academy. Late evening sun and shadows in every picture.

Frist up is Hillsborough 37-102, a 2007 2000gpm Seagrave.[/quote]

Guess our paths crossed... Where you there with the RWJ rig? I only took a few detail shots for my records. Rigs were to bunched up and the lighting was not the best...

Next year is the 5th year for the "Show & Tell" Hope you make it.
As part of the "Iron & Steel Run" Somerset County formed Task Forces to handle the Bridge Details along I-287 & I-78. My Dept was part of Task Force 26-04. Units with us were sent near the Bridgewater Commons Mall to meet and get directions.

First up is the OEM Command Post that was there.

Attached Files Image(s)

I will post the companies I got shots of in Order by Department number... I am not sure what units covered each bridge area.

24-105 from Country Hills Fire Dept. part of Bridgewater Twp Fire Dist 3 and they cover Branchburg Twp as well.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

33-116 from Green Brook Fire and EMS Dept.

34-116 from Green Knoll Fire Co also part of Bridgewater Fire Dist 3.

34-152 is GKFC's newest rig. A Special Operations unit that serves as a Rescue & Haz Mat mostly for the District.

36-115 from Flagtown Fire Company. This unit serves Hillsborough Twp Fire Dist 1.

49-108 from North Branch Fire Company the 3rd company making up part of Bridgewater Dist 3. They also serve the Branchburg Twp area and are located at the Raritan Valley Collage.

And lastly My Dept's Tower Ladder - Raritan Borough's 52-121.

[quote name='anesti' post='241724' date='Aug 26 2008, 21:17 ']have you been able to see or shot jersey city's hazmat rig yet? saw it the last time i was out in jersey city but could really get a picture of it,anyway that thing is huge[/quote]

I have seen it in person, it is a very large rig. Interesting that Jersey City would get a rig like that. I know that they were having problems fitting it into the station, I'm not sure if that has been solved yet.
Saw JC's Haz-Mat a lil while back. Credit to Jag9899 Pix...................

Jag9899 Photo

Jag9899 Photo

Attached Files Image(s)

wow awesome much better lookinh than the orange juice truck
If I am correct the Eizabeth ASB HAZ-MAT is Spartan/Rescue 1. The truck is identical to the UASI Special Ops trucks in J.C, Elizabeth, North Hudson etc.

-Steve
Vincentown Fire Company Station 171

Command 1710

2002 Dodge Durango

Rescue Engine 1712

"Anytime, Anywhere"

2001 KME

1500/1000

[Image: Mark301-2.jpg]