Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pacific Northwest
E16, a 2008 E\-One, sports a large metal box above the hose bed containing water rescue gear. It is first due at Green Lake, a heavily used recreation area.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Recently scanned this photo of a 1949 Maxim from Everett, WA Fire Protection District #6

Attached Files Image(s)

I went across town to the ceremony dedicating Renton's new Engine 12. The Seahawks recently moved into their new headquarters which is in 12's first due area. The Seahawks make a big deal about calling their crowd the 12th man, so they had a drumline and the Seagals to dedicate the new engine as the "12th man" engine.

It's an E\-One quest, basically exactly the same as Renton's 9 other Cyclones that were bought from '96-'06. Lighting was a little tough, so my apologies for that. 1500/530. I think it's probably the first quest delivered in Washington.

Here's the uh, 12th man flag.

A face only a mother could love.

A little Seahawks flag on one of the antennas on the cab. I think that this rig will put Engine 12's '99 E\-One Cyclone into reserve.

[quote name='Bryce' post='249954' date='Sep 27 2008, 12:48 ']I went across town to the ceremony dedicating Renton's new Engine 12. The Seahawks recently moved into their new headquarters which is in 12's first due area. The Seahawks make a big deal about calling their crowd the 12th man, so they had a drumline and the Seagals to dedicate the new engine as the "12th man" engine.

It's an E\-One quest, basically exactly the same as Renton's 9 other Cyclones that were bought from '96-'06. Lighting was a little tough, so my apologies for that. 1500/530. I think it's probably the first quest delivered in Washington.[/quote]

Nice pics. I was wondering what happened to that new Qwest. Where is station 12 located? I live in Fairwood right next to District 17's station (you know, the blk over red trucks). We should get together and shoot some apparatus sometime! Shoot me an email dfuzz78@live.com cuz my PM never really worked on here.
[quote name='Denis(dfuzz78)' post='249967' date='Sep 27 2008, 13:33 ']Nice pics. I was wondering what happened to that new Qwest. Where is station 12 located? I live in Fairwood right next to District 17's station (you know, the blk over red trucks). We should get together and shoot some apparatus sometime! Shoot me an email dfuzz78@live.com cuz my PM never really worked on here.[/quote]

Denis -- you're right down the road from me! I live in Woodside, which is just east of you off of Petrovitsky. Station 17 is now actually part of Renton Fire -- Fire District 40 contracted with Renton as of 3/1/08.

I know there's a few of us on here that are in the Seattle area. I'm definitely up for shooting some rigs sometime.
[quote name='Bryce' post='250003' date='Sep 27 2008, 15:09 ']Denis -- you're right down the road from me! I live in Woodside, which is just east of you off of Petrovitsky. Station 17 is now actually part of Renton Fire -- Fire District 40 contracted with Renton as of 3/1/08.

I know there's a few of us on here that are in the Seattle area. I'm definitely up for shooting some rigs sometime.[/quote]

Great! Send me an email. I have Sundays and Mondays off, but that always subject to change cuz of the job. I look forward to hearing from you.
Tonight there was a 3 alarm plus 1 ladder company strike team fire in Tukwila. There was basically no visible fire or smoke by the time I got there, but people were still working up on the roof. It sounded on the scanner like it was a fire between two layers of the roof, or perhaps under the metal portion, so it was pretty labor intensive but not visually spectacular.

Anyway, here's some rig shots. First up is Kent Engine 76, in a reserve rig. These are the famous (infamous?) Pierces with the stretchers in the back of the cab. I think this one is from 1988.

Tukwila Ladder 54, which obviously was up to the roof.

Tukwila Engine 53, a Ferrara. I think these are nice looking rigs.

Kent Ladder 74, a brand new Quantum tiller. Pretty awesome looking if you ask me.

The back side of Engine 53 and Ladder 54.

Tukwila Engine 52.

Back side of 52.

Various Seattle ladders and people in staging.

You may be wondering why the number plates say "L5006" and "L5004." King County is divided into three zones (1, 3, 5). Whenever rigs respond outside of their zone, they are to use their zone identifier so there isn't duplication of numbers on the fireground. So SFD units turn around their number plates and identify themselves on the radio as "Ladder 5004." If Tukwila Ladder 54 were to respond into Seattle, since they're from Zone 3, they'd identify themselves as "Ladder 3054."

Kent Fire Aid 71.

Staging. Seattle Battalion 5 is in front of SeaTac Engine 46. Then from left to right is King County Fire District 20 Engine 24, Kent Engine 71 (in another reserve), and SeaTac Engine 45.

Kent Air Unit 74.