Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The last Mack CF firetruck comes home
[quote name='Chief66' post='177521' date='Jan 5 2008, 13:18 ']updates:

none and zero miles.

but i look at it every damn day and smile and rub her bulldogs and thank the man above that i own such a beauty.[/quote]

Congrats! We miss ours. it was a 1970 Mack Cf from Newport, De. Engine 235. This one had a thermodyne 707c gas engine. It went to the Guardian Co. In Bear, De. Then to a friend of mine, then to us privately owned.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Image(s)

Great story for a great piece of fire apparatus! The CF's were (and still are) my favorite rigs.
Great story for a great piece of fire apparatus! The CF's were (and still are) my favorite rigs.
If you look through the fourms, I posted a pic of the 1936 Mack Hook & Ladder they bought from Seaford in 1963, didn't that rig also serve Ladder Co. 6 for awhile before the rig you own was bought?? at least thats the story I was always told.

Kevin

Eng Co. 1, Franklin Sq FD

Former Seaford FD E2

[quote name='Chief66' timestamp='1185151430' post='132188']

What department were you in? I spent 16 years in the Massapequa FD.

I also own the old 636, the 1963 C-model Mack 85' aerial that was the first diesel powered fire apparatus on LI. This is the front of the east End firehouse around 1974 or so. The CF was a 1968, the ladder in the middle and the C pumper was a 1961 model with a gas engine and Hale pump.

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=4307]

[/quote]