• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Garden State Oldies

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 1 user Likes Guest's post:
  • Juliet Lima

Great pictures, as always, Scott. Did the 1966 WLF from New Egypt have a model name like Ambassador or FireBrand?
Jay Kormann
Quote:Lakewood, NJ Hook & Ladder Company had this rare 1978 Ward LaFrance Ambassador/LTI 85' tower ladder. Truck # 6805 had a 1250 gpm pump and no water tank. I'd like to hear comments on who the body builder was. Is this one of those examples of a WLF that was finished by someone else?

Spec Number 80-1299. My guess on the body builder would be Connestoga Custom Products. They were the contracted body builder for L.T.I. back then. As you can see, the pump panel area is all WLF, but from there back, it isn't typical WLF style.
Quote:Now to the western-most fire station in Ocean County, NJ. The New Egypt VFC of Plumstead Township, NJ operated this 1976 Ward LaFrance Ambassador pumper. Engine # 3911 was equipped with a 1250 gpm pump and a 1000 gallon water tank.

Spec Number 80-1321, now serving Gatlinburg, TN.
Quote:The New Egypt VFC of Plumstead Township, NJ ran this 1966 Ward LaFrance pumper which had a 1000 gpm pump and a 750 gallon water tank. Engine # 3901 is still squirelled away somewhere in Station # 39's firehouse.

Quote:Great pictures, as always, Scott. Did the 1966 WLF from New Egypt have a model name like Ambassador or FireBrand?

Spec Number 82-11. Ward LaFrance built about 120 apparatus using the TCM (Cincinnati) cab. They were known as Model 82's. There was no name given for this chassis.

[quote name='GA_Dave' post='256719' date='Oct 26 2008, 12:10 ']Spec Number 82-11. Ward LaFrance built about 120 apparatus using the TCM (Cincinnati) cab. They were known as Model 82's. There was no name given for this chassis.[/quote]

Thanks as always, Dave!

Quote:I'm searching for the year, pump, and tank size of this early Ford C pumper from Green Creek, NJ. Can anyone help out?

1960 Ford C-750/Oren (Great Eastern)

750 GPM
[quote name='NJMedic' post='256868' date='Oct 26 2008, 23:12 ']I know I have a better shot somewhere but how it looks now being operated by Kinder Morgan[/quote]

A different Kinder Morgan rig. From the spring 2005 of the National Foam 10k gpm Ironman monitor system.

Phil.

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='Bklyn Phil' post='256983' date='Oct 27 2008, 10:53 ']A different Kinder Morgan rig. From the spring 2005 of the National Foam 10k gpm Ironman monitor system.

Phil.[/quote]

Wow--that is a huge rig!
[quote name='IFD39' post='257278' date='Oct 28 2008, 22:24 ']Wow--that is a huge rig![/quote]

Think that beast is huge? Search up the Iron Man Deluge System, that's awesome.
[quote name='Rescue29Engine23' post='257330' date='Oct 29 2008, 10:33 ']Think that beast is huge? Search up the Iron Man Deluge System, that's awesome.[/quote]

Will do!