Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Keystone State Relics
[quote name='Dr. Stinebaugh' post='256546' date='Oct 25 2008, 17:40 ']Darin, the 1991 sale ad states that this is a 1972 IH CO-8190 chassis, this was about the last year for this model. Also the original 1200 gal. tank was replaced with a 800 gal. tank in 1986. I have a HBG.-area photo book that has some good views of this rig.

Meadowland's mini appears to be a Howe, similar to the Beck's Run unit, both of which are quite cool-looking!

Marshalls Creek's 1974 Chevy/American went to Glen Rock,York Co.,PA. in 1989, and I think it's still there.[/quote]

To be absolutely honest, I doubted the year I had. I probably typod when I was entering info on my spreadsheet, 7 and 8 are right side by side. Thanks for the correction!
Darin Smith

Hughesville, PA
[quote name='Steve Loftin' post='256765' date='Oct 26 2008, 18:30 ']ID help needed, please:

ALF 700 pumper

Newportville, PA

ALF 700 aerial

Maybe a "Washies" rig? (Conshohocken)

Love those Roto-Rays!

(SL collection)[/quote]

The 53 Lafrance from Newportville Fire Company was sold to Neptune Hose Company of Tyrone Pa. Does anyone else have pictures of apparatus from Newportville.
Rich Dean, Butler, New Jersey, USA

Member of Kinney Hose Co. 1, Butler Fire Dept. since 1973, Fire Police Officer since 2000

Dispatcher at Butler Police Communications from March 1975 to July 2009

Secretary of North Jersey Volunteer Firemen's Association since 1980

Member of Tri-Boro First Aid Squad (volunteer ems) since 2000 as a driver

Member of many Yahoogroups, owner of some such as:

[post="0"]FirematicEvents Yahoogroup[/post]the place to for listing and discussion of any event by a public safety organization.

[post="0"]RailfanEvents Yahoogroup[/post]

[post="0"]Railpics Yahoogroup[/post]
The only Newportville rig I have in my collection is this 1970s GMC/E-One midi-pumper, in a photo taken by my friend Matthew Goldberg. When I visited there a few years back, they didn't seem very photographer-friendly.

Oh, and...politics has nothing to do with fire apparatus discussion in my opinion. There's always a separate forum for that.

Attached Files Image(s)

Well said Old Battery, I totaly agree with you !!!

engine 98
[quote name='Old Battery' post='257036' date='Oct 27 2008, 17:51 ']The only Newportville rig I have in my collection is this 1970s GMC/E-One midi-pumper, in a photo taken by my friend Matthew Goldberg. When I visited there a few years back, they didn't seem very photographer-friendly.

Oh, and...politics has nothing to do with fire apparatus discussion in my opinion. There's always a separate forum for that.[/quote]

Thanks for posting that. That is our old Rescue truck. Sorry for your bad experience here, If anyone wants to come to take pictures at Newportville, this is an open invite, I will personally pull all the trucks out.
Berryhill Twp., Penn Run, PA former Mack pump. ATHS Bennington, NH show 1991. My photo.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[quote name='Richard_L_Dean_07405' post='257017' date='Oct 27 2008, 15:21 ']We'll be ok as long as the wealth is not spread at my expense but my family is voting country first![/quote]

100% with you next tuesday, always remember if it sounds too good to be true it is
tom bretz a ffII,retired disabled ff/emt from Kingston PA F D,own 2 wardlafranceengs a 49,a66,member of iaff 840,six cnty fire asso,pa state firemen's assoc, pa pump primers,schuylkill historic fire soc(spaamfaa's newest chapter--black diamond),luzerne cnty fire/rescue,life mem of columbian fire co kingston,former app op at laflin,edwrdsvlle,forty fort all in pa
Scott,

Some additional info on your shots (Info from Al Powell’s files)

Grill

1969 Chevrolet C-50/Reading, custom enclosed walk-in rescue body, fwd, extended front bumper with 10-ton pto driven winch, 4 KW generator, std.conv.cab, gas motor, in 1990 purchased from Se-Wy-Co (Northampton Co.),PA, std.cab, in 2001 offered for sale

Hereford

1980 International Transtar 4300, purchased used in 1989, converted painted steel elliptical fuel tank body donated by Willie’s Oil Inc.-had been in service at Coopersburg (Lehigh Co.),PA, tandem rear axles, 500/3000, in 1990 co.members put unit together-wore masks to paint inside tank-Kehs Bros.donated state inspection-Buck Meyers donated brake service, 3-10 inch dump valves, std.conv.cab, total cost $35,000, broad white side stripe, pump added, frame had to be stretched to accommodate tank, by building in-house saved estimated $100,000.

Shoemakersville (Scott – this is in Berks County, not your home state of NJ)

1963 Ford C-800/Morysville, std.tilt-COE, enclosed walk-in rescue body, high-pressure PTO booster pump with 500 gal tank-booster reel on back step, matching CD funds requested when being purchased however they were denied-co. decided to purchase from own funds entirely, in 5-62 chassis purchased from Charles H.Haig-Shoemakersville,PA Ford dealer for $5964, bodywork and winch provided by Morysville for $9273, delvd March, 1963, $15,238, HP/500, pump and tank installed by Hahn, ground ladders mounted on roof top, in 1992 sold to Ruscombmanor (Berks Co.),PA in 1997 retired from service and in 1998 sold to local nursery, on 8-25-01 seen parked at John T.Noll Garage on Rt 73 near Pricetown Rd-Ruscombmanor Twp.-in 2006 still there deteriorating with weeds growing around it.

Bruce
Bruce W. Anderson

Historian

Southeastern PA Region

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='mgk110' post='257874' date='Oct 31 2008, 17:42 ']And earlier in this thread Tascman posted the Turtle Creek, Pa. Ford/Bruco squad. I believe that North Braddock purchased that from Turtle Creek and years later sold it to Glassport.[/quote]

Here it was at the Pechin's auction a couple of years ago. What was its fate???

Photo credit 68 Mack- Chris Oliphant