Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Massachusetts Fire Apparatus

Sommerville Engine 2 operating in Lynn, South Street

Looking good! I'm loving the old Malden and Lynn stuff (old to me at least). Do you happen to have anything from Salem or Beverly in the archives?

Thanks again for posting.
Love the pics what an awesome collection anything from Revere or Swampscott?
[quote name='bige1998' post='264448' date='Dec 5 2008, 21:16 ']This photo was taken last weekend at the Beverly Holiday Parade does anyone have information on this truck?

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=40942][/quote]

It was formerly from South Portland Maine and owed by a former Danvers Firefighter
[quote name='resq1ff' post='264495' date='Dec 5 2008, 23:19 '][Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=40957][/quote]

2 questions for you Lynn Guys. 1st what is the light mounted on the front of the trucks below the windshield? Second question is Lynn has ordered a new Engine 3 howevere I have read that is a Seagrave then read somewhere else is it a Pierce just wonding which it may be. Also when it may be in and any specs would be great as well thanks.
Can't speak to the Engine 3 issue, but the light is the Tomar version of the Opticom traffic light pre-emption system. I don't know why they mount them there; you usually find them on the roof.
[quote name='resq1ff' post='264457' date='Dec 5 2008, 21:55 '][Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=40948][/quote]

Was the body remounted on this truck? It just looks a little more worn than the chassie does..I know the chassie is now lynnfields tanker now...
[quote name='creofire' post='264677' date='Dec 6 2008, 13:18 ']2 questions for you Lynn Guys. 1st what is the light mounted on the front of the trucks below the windshield? Second question is Lynn has ordered a new Engine 3 howevere I have read that is a Seagrave then read somewhere else is it a Pierce just wonding which it may be. Also when it may be in and any specs would be great as well thanks.[/quote]

The new Engine 3 will be a Pierce. Im sure someone else from Lynn has the specs.
[quote name='yelrowekim' post='264810' date='Dec 6 2008, 22:10 ']Was the body remounted on this truck? It just looks a little more worn than the chassie does..I know the chassie is now lynnfields tanker now...[/quote]

mike i almost postive that it is not a remount, the rescue that it replaced was a mack b with that body going to the wakefield aux after it was involved in an accident back in the early 80's, i'm sure deputy sullivan or capt dunn maybe able to shed a bit more light into this
Anyone have pics of the New Revere engines/ Ladder or Lynnfield New TOWER
[quote name='creofire' post='265189' date='Dec 8 2008, 16:15 ']Anyone have pics of the New Revere engines/ Ladder or Lynnfield New TOWER[/quote]

massfiretrucks.com has a good shot of the Lynnfield tower fully lettered. I haven't seen any photos of the new Revere rigs yet, except for the photo posted here of one of the engines unlettered.