Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Massachusetts Fire Apparatus
Lowell's new Haz Mat truck. 2009 Ford F550

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Andover Ambulance 2

Wellesley Engine 4. Caught this going up Route 495 a couple of weeks ago. It was stripped and had Maine plates on it Sorry about blurriness but it was going about 60 MPH

Swung by the Grove St Station/Repair shop in Worcester A couple of weeks ago. Always a good place for pics of Worcester apparatus in various states of repair.

Worcester L-2. I Have it as a 1991/ ? Spartan/Maxim. Looks like its in for a paint job.

Here's the same rig running as L-6 back in 1998

Worcester Aerial Scope 2. It has some 3's on the bucket too. Maybe a previous life

Worcester Aerial Scope 3. This one seems to have had a previous assignment as well

Worcester Engine 7 1991 KME

Same rig as Engine 13 in 1998
Sorry

Finally Reserve Engine 27 1989 Maxim S. I have Pictures of 1 of these at Engines 4,7 and 12. Not sure which this one was

[quote name='LFDTL3' date='26 January 2010 - 06:09 PM' timestamp='1264546172' post='360620']

Finally Reserve Engine 27 1989 Maxim S. I have Pictures of 1 of these at Engines 4,7 and 12. Not sure which this one was

[/quote]

Those "S" models were good looking wagons.
From Nahant Massachusetts, Special Operations step van

Attached Files Image(s)

Massachusetts Fire Academy Engine 4

Attached Files Image(s)

A unique view of Melrose Engine 2's rig, as seen from the second floor of my firehouse..

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='LFDTL3' date='26 January 2010 - 06:09 PM' timestamp='1264546172' post='360620']

[/quote]

Hey Great Worcester Stuff! The Scopes...Im not sure on dates but they were called scopes and ladder trucks were different, but then the designation was changed to all ladder companies and the scope designation was removed in their later front line years. Scope 2 was Ladder Co. 3 and Scope 3 was Ladder Co. 7 I beleive Scope 3 is in need of extensive work and no longer runs. I beleive there is also some mechanical problems with the KME lettered E-7 (Ex E-13)...and they have been running with their old piece. The Maxim S currently lettered E27 (in one of your photos) Ladder Co. 2 is i think a 1976 Trailer and it is rotting badly. There have been many attempts to revive this rig as of late..hopefully it will do some good as it has been in and out of service in the last few months. Rumor has it they were trying to buy 2 engines and a truck, but im not sure how the funds will hold up.

Good Shots too Eric!
[quote name='massfirebuff' date='10 January 2010 - 05:57 PM' timestamp='1263163060' post='357641']

Here is Danvers Engine 3's former Ford/E-One sporting a more conservative paint job, and running as reserve Engine 4 when this photo was taken sometime in the late 1990's.

Photo from collection, photographer unknown.

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=34629]

[/quote]

That truck was the spare when I started in Danvers in about 2001 also. It was only the spare for a short time before they traded it towards the 2001 E\-One 100' quint (now Engine 1). But I do remember that the truck could haul arse up Route 1. Just my opinion only, but even though it was older this Ford/E-One was in better shape than the E\-One engine that they used as Engine 3 for a while (which is no the spare Engine 4).
[quote name='eddiemo08' date='06 February 2010 - 11:34 PM' timestamp='1265516089' post='362576']

Hey Great Worcester Stuff! The Scopes...Im not sure on dates but they were called scopes and ladder trucks were different, but then the designation was changed to all ladder companies and the scope designation was removed in their later front line years. Scope 2 was Ladder Co. 3 and Scope 3 was Ladder Co. 7 I beleive Scope 3 is in need of extensive work and no longer runs. I beleive there is also some mechanical problems with the KME lettered E-7 (Ex E-13)...and they have been running with their old piece. The Maxim S currently lettered E27 (in one of your photos) Ladder Co. 2 is i think a 1976 Trailer and it is rotting badly. There have been many attempts to revive this rig as of late..hopefully it will do some good as it has been in and out of service in the last few months. Rumor has it they were trying to buy 2 engines and a truck, but im not sure how the funds will hold up.

Good Shots too Eric!

[/quote]

Thank You very much for the info. Worcester definitely gets there money's worth out of there rigs. Since I had the Worcester stack of pics out I decided to scan them in. Here's a few more rig shots
Worcester Engine 1 1988 Maxim F

Worcester Engine 1 1997 KME