Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Relics
Found this old Mack sitting in Mint Hill, NC on Lawyers Rd. It is from the Fort Allen VFD in Westmoreland County, PA.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Another shot of it.

This is the chassis from the old South Fork VFD Engine 72 in Lincoln County, NC.

This old Chevrolet is sitting on Amity Church Rd in Lincoln County, NC. The owner of the farm bought it from the Drowning Creek VFD in Burke County, NC to serve as a farmtruck. The lettering under Drowning Creek was Ashford North Cove VFD, which is in McDowell County, NC, and there was letters under that but I could not read them.

I'll post these relics just for Andrew. I found these off Highway 16 in Denver, NC. The white one is lettered for Troy Fire Department and the yellow one for Vandalia EMS.

Very good Benjy!!!! Thanks for the ambulances too, that makes my day! Both ambulances are from Ohio. The white one is a 1996 Ford E-350/McCoy Miller that served Troy, OH as "Medic 2." I can't find a lot of info about the yellow one, except that its a Ford F-350 that formerly served Vandalia, OH. I still think that old truck from Oak Grove has at least two old names on it. Maybe we can figure it out. Thanks again for the pics & good finds!!
Andrew C. Messer

Haywood County, NC

FM1/1823

Visit My Photo Website! WNC Fire Pics

Proverbs 3:5-6

I found this truck near Kannapolis, NC yesterday. No info on the truck or why its there. I believe its from New York.

Rushville Hose Company Engine 2331

Ford C / FMC

Found this American LaFrance possibly from Salem, NH Former Engine 3 in West Ossipee, NH

-Eric

-Eric Fellows

[url="http://www.ericsfirepics.com"]Eric's Fire Pics[/url]
[quote name='bcfd424' post='267158' date='Dec 19 2008, 10:54 ']I found this truck near Kannapolis, NC yesterday. No info on the truck or why its there. I believe its from New York.

Rushville Hose Company Engine 2331

Ford C / FMC[/quote]

I'm guessing that this one came from Rushville NY in Yates / Ontario county. It has the Ontario county numbering system on it still.

Larry
No pics, but I saw Malden MA former E-1 Maxim sitting in a lot outside of Henderson TX today.
I found this very sad sight right before Christmas. Originally from Mill Creek, DE, then went to Shelby, NC, and finally to Cherryville, NC. The cab was cut off and made into a podium for the Cherryville FD. The motor went to a dump truck.

That is a very sad sight. That thing looks like it was in great shape when they did it. Somebody could salvage the aerial for on another rig.
It was removed from service because the ladder is shot.
Wow, from the looks of the aerial, you wouldn't think it was shot.
Lots of white paint can do that! It had been restricted to "unmanned water tower" use for several years.
Dave,

Do you have any inservice shots of it? I think I have a picture of it in Mill Creek somewhere.
Quote:Do you have any inservice shots of it? I think I have a picture of it in Mill Creek somewhere.

I do, also while at Mill Creek. I never saw it at Shelby and it was O.O.S. when I was at Cherryville.
[quote name='JakeF' post='267922' date='Dec 24 2008, 01:03 ']No pics, but I saw Malden MA former E-1 Maxim sitting in a lot outside of Henderson TX today.[/quote]

Can you get a pic of this rig and post it maybe?
It's been a while since I found a really good relic, the kind that just makes your day. In my travels through upstate NY today, I found this on Ridge Road in Brockport:

[Image: IMG_0228.JPG]

It's right out on the side of the road, next to a collapsing barn. The whole area was liberally sprinkled with 'Trespassers will be Prosecuted' signs, and it looked like the type of place where I was more likely to be greeted by a shotgun than a sheriff, so I confined my shooting to what was visible from the road.

All I know is it's an old Pirsch TDA, and the fenders look like they may have been white at one time.
[quote name='Mack505' post='276383' date='Jan 24 2009, 20:27 ']It's been a while since I found a really good relic, the kind that just makes your day. In my travels through upstate NY today, I found this on Ridge Road in Brockport:

[Image: IMG_0228.JPG]

It's right out on the side of the road, next to a collapsing barn. The whole area was liberally sprinkled with 'Trespassers will be Prosecuted' signs, and it looked like the type of place where I was more likely to be greeted by a shotgun than a sheriff, so I confined my shooting to what was visible from the road.

All I know is it's an old Pirsch TDA, and the fenders look like they may have been white at one time.[/quote]

Judging by the upside-down triangle on the door, could this rig be from Rochester (NY) ?