East Rochester, PA 1979 Ford 1000gpm/500 gal tank Engine 252

Conway, PA 1979 Ford Pumper Engine 492

Big Knob, New Sewickley Twp., PA Fprd/E-One Pumper Engine 262

Hanover Twp. Hookstown, PA Engine 686

Attached Files Image(s)

Big Beaver VFD, Beaver Falls, PA X-Engine 141

Koppel, Koppel, PA X-Engine 172

Chippewa Twp. Beaver Falls, PA XX-Engine 221

Big Knob VFD, New Sewickley Twp., PA X- Rescue 269 now Potter Twp., Aliquippa, PA

Leetsdale, PA X- Rescue 308 X-North Fayette Twp., PA

Attached Files Image(s)

Maybe some of you north Jersey guys can help out here. Found this pic of a Ford C squrt recently. It says New Shrewsbury but I can't find a New Shrewsbury FC in NJ. I did find Tinton Falls with a Northside Eng Co and they have an historical pic of a 1972 Ford Telesqurt. Looks the same to me. Any info on this rig?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I know Scott Mattson posted two pics of Ford C's from Lumberton, NJ last year. Found this additional one which I have as a 1968 Ford C/Great Eastern 1000/500.

Also from Erma, Lower Twp, Cape May Co, NJ is this 1976 Ford C/Sanford 1000/500.

Attached Files Image(s)

Asheville, NC's first & last C-Series ALF's, all bought due to annexation. The last one, an '84, is also shown after a TeleSqurt retro-fit, and has the added distinction of being AFD's final ALF. Other C's served as tankers, and one carried a '41 ALF 65' aerial after its ALF 600 Series chassis went to the crusher, but the only other factory-built C hauled an '89 E\-One pumper. Selden Cooper snapped the '84, & the newspaper's guy clicked the twins. The retro-fit sits on the same apron as its 24 year-old predecessors.

[Image: C-FordE89.jpg]

[Image: Thelastone.jpg]

[Image: Thelastoneafterretro-fit.jpg]
Kuhl Hose

Greene Twp, Erie County, PA

Former Engine 684

1980 Ford C/FMC

[quote name='taurudak' post='278006' date='Jan 31 2009, 13:59 ']Maybe some of you north Jersey guys can help out here. Found this pic of a Ford C squrt recently. It says New Shrewsbury but I can't find a New Shrewsbury FC in NJ. I did find Tinton Falls with a Northside Eng Co and they have an historical pic of a 1972 Ford Telesqurt. Looks the same to me. Any info on this rig?[/quote]

I can tell you that this truck is sitting along the roadside in Ellington, CT near the Vernon Town Line. Its been there for about 6 years now and is lettered for Meadowlands Fire Dept but I am posotive its the same rig you have pictured here
QUOTE (taurudak @ Jan 31 2009, 13:59 )

Maybe some of you north Jersey guys can help out here. Found this pic of a Ford C squrt recently. It says New Shrewsbury but I can't find a New Shrewsbury FC in NJ. I did find Tinton Falls with a Northside Eng Co and they have an historical pic of a 1972 Ford Telesqurt. Looks the same to me. Any info on this rig?

Tauraduk, maybe this has been answered. It appeared as a quote in a new message received today, June 25. I've never heard of any New Shrewsbury in NJ only a Shrewsbury in the area of Monmouth County you mention with my mother's side of the family having historical roots in that vicinity going back to the reign of a King George. I forget exactly where it was but have passed an exit from an interstate highway marked for New Shrewsbury in either Pennsylvania or New York State but can't find it online.
Rich Dean, Butler, New Jersey, USA

Member of Kinney Hose Co. 1, Butler Fire Dept. since 1973, Fire Police Officer since 2000

Dispatcher at Butler Police Communications from March 1975 to July 2009

Secretary of North Jersey Volunteer Firemen's Association since 1980

Member of Tri-Boro First Aid Squad (volunteer ems) since 2000 as a driver

Member of many Yahoogroups, owner of some such as:

[post="0"]FirematicEvents Yahoogroup[/post]the place to for listing and discussion of any event by a public safety organization.

[post="0"]RailfanEvents Yahoogroup[/post]

[post="0"]Railpics Yahoogroup[/post]
[quote name='Richard_L_Dean_07405' post='316739' date='Jun 25 2009, 12:32 ']QUOTE (taurudak @ Jan 31 2009, 13:59 )

Tauraduk, maybe this has been answered. It appeared as a quote in a new message received today, June 25. I've never heard of any New Shrewsbury in NJ only a Shrewsbury in the area of Monmouth County you mention with my mother's side of the family having historical roots in that vicinity going back to the reign of a King George. I forget exactly where it was but have passed an exit from an interstate highway marked for New Shrewsbury in either Pennsylvania or New York State but can't find it online.[/quote]

New Shrewsbury is Tinton falls now they changed thier name I think in the 70 some time
Yeah thats definitely Tinton Falls, NJ Northside Company 4's rig. It is on their website under historic apparatus.
1980 Ford C/E-One owned by the Exempt Fireman's Association out of Poughkeepsie, NY. No info on this unit on their website: [url="http://exempts.org/index.html"]http://exempts.org/index.html[/url] Looks like it is only use d for parades/ceremonies.

[quote name='grumpyFF' post='327864' date='Aug 8 2009, 01:05 ']1980 Ford C/E-One owned by the Exempt Fireman's Association out of Poughkeepsie, NY. No info on this unit on their website: [url="http://exempts.org/index.html"]http://exempts.org/index.html[/url] Looks like it is only use d for parades/ceremonies.[/quote]

Ex Rhinebeck,N.Y. 1250GPM Hale / 1000 Water
Thanks Chief
North Codorus Twp, York Co, PA Tnk 121 - 1986 Ford C800/KME 1250/1500.

San Angelo, TX X-Eng 105 - 1973 Ford C800/FACT 1000/500.

Palmer Twp, Northampton Co, PA Eng 2711 - 1989 Ford C8000/Pierce 1000/500.

Tasley, Accomack Co, VA X-Eng 82 - 1974 Ford C800/? 500/1000.