Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tour of New Jersey
[quote name='The Commish' post='269703' date='Dec 30 2008, 21:00 ']Carlstadt,NJ

HME/Swing

Ron Bogardus collection

Anyone have more Info on This piece?[/quote]

Sweet!!! I've been looking for a decent shot of this truck for quite some time now. Thanks for posting Commish!
Micah Bodford
Fire Investigator
City of Winston-Salem Fire Dept.
NJ Carlstadt 1995 HME Marion/Schwing Marion #55433 1500/100/115' Tower Ladder 704

[quote name='The Commish' post='269703' date='Dec 30 2008, 21:00 ']Carlstadt,NJ

HME/Swing

Ron Bogardus collection

Anyone have more Info on This piece?[/quote]
I photographed this truck in 2004 in Carlstadt. I have it as a 1997 HME 1871/Marion 1500 gpm/150 water/ 115' Schwing. Juergen Kiefer photo

This is the prototype Schwing boom for the US fire service. It was constructed in 1991 on a Mack MR chassis, Custom Fire built the body in 1992 with a 1250 gpm-pump and a 500 gallon foam-tank. It was a demo-unit for several years, I have no idea, where it finally ended. Joe Bond photo

There are at least three more Schwing booms at Fire Departments in the US.

The Phoenix FD has a foam-unit on a Mack MR chassis with Schwing boom.

The Refinery Terminal Fire Co. in Corpus Christi/TX has a 1995 Spartan Gladiator with National Foam body, 3000 gpm-pump, 850 gallon foam-tank, and 85' Schwing boom.

The Refinery Terminal Fire Co at the Motiva plant in Louisana has a 1998 ALF Eagle with National Foam body, 3000 gpm-pump, 850 gallon foam-tank, and 85' Schwing boom.

Juergen
[quote name='kieferfire' post='270554' date='Jan 2 2009, 08:32 ']There are at least three more Schwing booms at Fire Departments in the US.

The Phoenix FD has a foam-unit on a Mack MR chassis with Schwing boom.

The Refinery Terminal Fire Co. in Corpus Christi/TX has a 1995 Spartan Gladiator with National Foam body, 3000 gpm-pump, 850 gallon foam-tank, and 85' Schwing boom.

The Refinery Terminal Fire Co at the Motiva plant in Louisana has a 1998 ALF Eagle with National Foam body, 3000 gpm-pump, 850 gallon foam-tank, and 85' Schwing boom.

Juergen[/quote]

I believe that Refinery Terminal in Corpus Christi may actually have 2 Schwings. I think the last one built for the fire service was on a Pierce chassis about 5 years ago for a Dow Chemical plant somewhere in Alabama or Louisiana. I remember seeing it on Pierce's website as a new delivery years ago but it's no longer on the Pierce website. The Carlstadt unit was the only one built with a bucket, the others are just booms, much like a squrt or snozzle.
[quote name='anesti' post='252156' date='Oct 5 2008, 19:22 ']almost forgot fire alarm tuck a 2006 international/ reading[/quote]

That utilty boom is an Altec, a very popular manufacturer in the utility industry.
Rich Dean, Butler, New Jersey, USA

Member of Kinney Hose Co. 1, Butler Fire Dept. since 1973, Fire Police Officer since 2000

Dispatcher at Butler Police Communications from March 1975 to July 2009

Secretary of North Jersey Volunteer Firemen's Association since 1980

Member of Tri-Boro First Aid Squad (volunteer ems) since 2000 as a driver

Member of many Yahoogroups, owner of some such as:

[post="0"]FirematicEvents Yahoogroup[/post]the place to for listing and discussion of any event by a public safety organization.

[post="0"]RailfanEvents Yahoogroup[/post]

[post="0"]Railpics Yahoogroup[/post]
[quote name='The Commish' date='Dec 30 2008, 21:00 ' post='269703']

Carlstadt,NJ

HME/Swing

Ron Bogardus collection

Anyone have more Info on This piece?

That truck was delivered on a Saturday in May 1997, about two hours prior to the start of Carlstadt's 125th anniversary parade, the official one for the North Jersey Volunteer Firemen's Association that year. I was lucky enough to be standing in front of the firehouse when it came up the street. At that time I was on hiatus from snapping pics. I do remember the comments being made that it was the size of a medium size railroad locomotive. My friend, Larry Wood of Friendship H&L had to use a tall step ladder to attach American flags to the mirrors for the parade. I also believe that part of the firebody was built by another supplier, possibly Marion.
Rich Dean, Butler, New Jersey, USA

Member of Kinney Hose Co. 1, Butler Fire Dept. since 1973, Fire Police Officer since 2000

Dispatcher at Butler Police Communications from March 1975 to July 2009

Secretary of North Jersey Volunteer Firemen's Association since 1980

Member of Tri-Boro First Aid Squad (volunteer ems) since 2000 as a driver

Member of many Yahoogroups, owner of some such as:

[post="0"]FirematicEvents Yahoogroup[/post]the place to for listing and discussion of any event by a public safety organization.

[post="0"]RailfanEvents Yahoogroup[/post]

[post="0"]Railpics Yahoogroup[/post]
Rumson, NJ

1995 Int'l/Kme

1250/750

Ron Bogardus collection

Attached Files Image(s)

Galloway,NJ

1990 Int'l/S&S

1250/3000

Ron Bogardus collection

Attached Files Image(s)

Colts Neck,NJ

2008 Ford/E-One

200/300

Ron Bogardus collection

Attached Files Image(s)

Belle Mead, NJ

2007 Mack/Pierce

1500/3500

Ron Bogardus collection

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='NJMedic' post='222770' date='Jun 18 2008, 22:00 ']Until I saw the faded outline on the boom I thought this might aid in ID this unit[/quote]

Hey i live around the corner from this garden center on Terrill Rd in Plainfield, NJ. I think the owner did use the truck years ago in his lighting decor business, especially around Christmas time we did see it in use putting lights in a huge tree, again couple years ago. I will try to find out more info.
fairview squad 1

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

edgewater rescue 1987 ford c/ranger 400/250
the picture

Attached Files Image(s)

Heislerville Fire Company - Unit 2511

Maurice River Township, Cumberland County, NJ

2005 Freightliner/Elite Fire Apparatus

1250 GPM Hale Pump / 3500 Gallon Water Tank

Bill Powell - Photo

Laurel Lake Volunteer Fire & Rescue - Unit 1301

Commercial Township, Cumberland County, NJ