Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Relics
[quote name='Crossbronxxpress' post='288387' date='Mar 9 2009, 22:09 ']What kind of siren is that on the front of the Long Beach Mack CF? I've only seen those kinds of sirens on West Coast rigs.[/quote]

Thats a B&M S-8 mechanical siren.

More here: [url="http://www.siro-driftsirens.com/products.html"]http://www.siro-driftsirens.com/products.html[/url]
Here it is outside the face of the truck.

Truckman Collection

John Hinant
Retired Member of Richmond VA Fire Bureau

October 25, 1858 - October 25, 2020 = 162 years old
The sixth oldest paid, documented, Fire Department in the United States
First established in 1782

"In God We Trust - All Others We Take For Granted"
[quote name='Truckman' post='288474' date='Mar 10 2009, 11:51 ']Here it is outside the face of the truck.

Truckman Collection

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=44773][/quote]

Thanks for the info John and Mike!!!
The only MARC in 46 ENGINE!

NEVER FORGET 9-11-01 F.D.N.Y. 343

RIP FF John Bellew 27 Truck F.D.N.Y. 1-23-05

RIP Captain Frank Keane 46 Engine F.D.N.Y 12-11-06

Remains of a GMC/National Foam pumper behind a RV store just south of Gettysburg PA.

The complete rig can be seen in post 207, page 11 of this thread and in "They Also Served".

It served the Mobil oil refinery in Brooklyn, NY. From the looks of it, this does not look

like a restoration, but a scrap job. The RV place is closed for the winter, so there is no one to ask.
[quote name='gfd1' post='288600' date='Mar 11 2009, 08:20 '][Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=44779]

Remains of a GMC/National Foam pumper behind a RV store just south of Gettysburg PA.

The complete rig can be seen in post 207, page 11 of this thread and in "They Also Served".

It served the Mobil oil refinery in Brooklyn, NY. From the looks of it, this does not look

like a restoration, but a scrap job. The RV place is closed for the winter, so there is no one to ask.[/quote]

In the Street Rod world, the old COE's are popular . My guess is they took the cab and mounted on a lighter chassis for a street rod. I know of one other COE Firetruck ( Welsley Island NY ) that suffered the same fate.

Tim/csff25
[quote name='Crossbronxxpress' post='288570' date='Mar 10 2009, 21:41 ']Thanks for the info John and Mike!!![/quote]

On an East Coast truck, 1960 Maxim Ladder, now a weed magnet in North Smithfield. Note the front bumper/drivers side

Attached Files Image(s)

Found this old International pumper sitting near the intersection of Independance Blvd and Idlewild Rd in Charlotte, NC last Sunday. It is locked up in a fence so this was the only shot I could get of it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I found this Chevrolet / John Bean outside of Cherryville, NC today. The only ID number I could find was a Chevrolet number of 1VWB-1331. It is lettered for Crouse VFD which is in Lincoln County. No further information could be found on the truck.

Passenger Side

Front

Rear

[quote name='bcfd424' post='290513' date='Mar 17 2009, 17:12 ']Found this old International pumper sitting near the intersection of Independance Blvd and Idlewild Rd in Charlotte, NC last Sunday. It is locked up in a fence so this was the only shot I could get of it.[/quote]

Back in the 1960's the Veteran Administration had rigs that looked like this one. The VA Hospital at Richmond had one and was given to the City when they annex that part of the County on 1-1-1970. It was put into Reserve Status and I drove it several times.
John Hinant
Retired Member of Richmond VA Fire Bureau

October 25, 1858 - October 25, 2020 = 162 years old
The sixth oldest paid, documented, Fire Department in the United States
First established in 1782

"In God We Trust - All Others We Take For Granted"
[quote name='mgk110' post='290808' date='Mar 19 2009, 06:12 '][ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND][/quote]

Nice job Mike, keep them coming.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

City of New Kensington Bureau of Fire
I.S.O. Class 4 Department
Mike,

Thanks for posting. I have always wanted to stop at that Junkyard to see what all they had.
Found this GMC/??? sitting behind a radio station in Greenport, NY. Nobody was around, or I would have asked to get more info off it.

[quote name='mgk110' post='290916' date='Mar 19 2009, 19:04 '][ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

A Pierce Dash from the first batch delivered to Pittsburgh awaiting its fate at the shops.[/quote]

I have to say, the city got their money out of those first 13 Dash pumpers that were delivered 23 years ago.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

City of New Kensington Bureau of Fire
I.S.O. Class 4 Department
Howdy all, I shot this rig on Tuesday this week at the end of a fantastic day of pixing with John K, Greg W, myself, and scfdff aka Dan C. This Greg W and myself shot on our way back home after we broke off from John and Dan. The vehicle sits in front of a restaurant in the Town of Walworth, NY Wayne County, and it is very close to the West Walworth Fire Station. Greg and I looked all over this rig to try and find any kind of numbers, and couldn't find anything on it at all. It's an old Maxim Quad, which advertises the restaurant out in front of the business near the road. I'm thinking it may have served somewhere around Rochester at one time, but I am not sure. It looks to me kinda like a former rig which served at the St Paul Blvd FD here in my town back in the 50's and 60's. anybody know anything about this rig?

Next up is a rear shot of the Maxim Quad.

And last up a shot of the front of the Maxim, and a shot of the guages on the drivers side of the rig.

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='matchot' post='290960' date='Mar 19 2009, 23:30 ']And last up a shot of the front of the Maxim, and a shot of the guages on the drivers side of the rig.[/quote]

Jeff,

it's for sale, the current owner has had it for several years and it needs engine work. Prior to that it was stored by it's previous owner in the barn on the property. I have the number of the current owner if anyone's interested.

Larry