Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Keystone State Relics
its currently in service in carbondale, pa. cottage hose co. runs it as rescue 51-2. that truck was fast and would pump some crazy water but the dog house would get really hot and you could cook eggs on the engine housing.
Nicholson PA

this rig was not a FDNY rig.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

these pics were posted on the wyoming county fire forum by mark tiluba. this truck once served the greenwood hose co of moosic pa then was sold to the fleetville fire co. this truck along with a 61 ward firebrand that fleetville ran were sold to a local junk yard in dunmore pa. last i knew both trucks were crushed. its a shame, the firebrand only had a busted trans and was sold for close to nothing.

[Image: DSC00021.jpg]

[Image: DSC00022.jpg]

[Image: DSC00023.jpg]

[Image: DSC00028.jpg]
[quote name='goro' date='16 July 2010 - 09:27 PM' timestamp='1279332421' post='392895']

This is a 1954 Ward, it was sold to the Factoryville Fire Co. and is now owned by one of our members.

[/quote]

here is a pic of this truck now. i believe tom took this pic. this truck is still running strong in bardwell, pa.

[Image: ccdwlf.jpg]
credit to the photographer, this truck once served old forge, pa then later northmorland fire co of wyoming county pa. no it sits near falls, pa wyoming county.

[Image: nmwlf.jpg]
from the info on this truck i believe this was a p-75 cab witht he bench seat in the dog house
[quote name='goro' date='23 July 2010 - 10:36 AM' timestamp='1279894569' post='394162']

these pics were posted on the wyoming county fire forum by mark tiluba. this truck once served the greenwood hose co of moosic pa then was sold to the fleetville fire co. this truck along with a 61 ward firebrand that fleetville ran were sold to a local junk yard in dunmore pa. last i knew both trucks were crushed. its a shame, the firebrand only had a busted trans and was sold for close to nothing.

[Image: DSC00021.jpg]

[Image: DSC00022.jpg]

[Image: DSC00023.jpg]

[Image: DSC00028.jpg]

[/quote]a collector had made an offer to purchase the 63 but they wanted too much for it so it sat for a while and they finally sold them both to denaples for $2000 the 61 had to be flatbedded there and the 63 was able to be driven there.

they purchased a 1966 ward la france that originally served tunkhannock,pa to replace the 63 wardengine is now the proud owner of the 66.
[quote name='goro' date='23 July 2010 - 10:40 AM' timestamp='1279894834' post='394165']

credit to the photographer, this truck once served old forge, pa then later northmorland fire co of wyoming county pa. no it sits near falls, pa wyoming county.

[Image: nmwlf.jpg]

[/quote]it's at wyoming sand and stone in falls.
many people made offers on those 2 wards from fleetville. its a shame they went like that. the ward from northmorland is at gerys concrete on post hill rd. between falls and lake winola.
does anyone know where nicholsons 66 ward ended up?
thanks goro

i was told wyoming sand and stone i also understand lake winola's x-1970 ward la france

that originally came from binghamton is also at geary's
[quote name='theunknowncomic' date='23 July 2010 - 11:46 AM' timestamp='1279898765' post='394179']

it's at wyoming sand and stone in falls.

[/quote]

original photographer is Joe Klapatch
tom bretz a ffII,retired disabled ff/emt from Kingston PA F D,own 2 wardlafranceengs a 49,a66,member of iaff 840,six cnty fire asso,pa state firemen's assoc, pa pump primers,schuylkill historic fire soc(spaamfaa's newest chapter--black diamond),luzerne cnty fire/rescue,life mem of columbian fire co kingston,former app op at laflin,edwrdsvlle,forty fort all in pa
thanks for the proper credit tom. idk where engine 12-2 went. they also had a 74 ford/ward that falls fire co ran before merging with the lake winola fire co. a local business bought the truck and used it for a roll back and the body is being parted out.
besides looking for info on nicholson's 66 ward im also looking for some older pics of clifford fire co's 67 ward. i have pics of it as it sat in factoryville rusting away.
[quote name='goro' date='20 July 2010 - 02:58 PM' timestamp='1279651131' post='393619']

LAKE CAREY FIRE CO.

19?? AMERICAN LAFRANCE

[Image: ScannedImage-10.jpg]

That sure looks like a 700 series ALF built from the late 1940's to the mid 1950's.
Rich Dean, Butler, New Jersey, USA

Member of Kinney Hose Co. 1, Butler Fire Dept. since 1973, Fire Police Officer since 2000

Dispatcher at Butler Police Communications from March 1975 to July 2009

Secretary of North Jersey Volunteer Firemen's Association since 1980

Member of Tri-Boro First Aid Squad (volunteer ems) since 2000 as a driver

Member of many Yahoogroups, owner of some such as:

[post="0"]FirematicEvents Yahoogroup[/post]the place to for listing and discussion of any event by a public safety organization.

[post="0"]RailfanEvents Yahoogroup[/post]

[post="0"]Railpics Yahoogroup[/post]
credit to the photographer

this is what Clarks Summit's ladder looked like when they first got it

[Image: Copy2of88COVINGTON12.jpg]
[quote name='goro' date='23 July 2010 - 09:38 AM' timestamp='1279894693' post='394163']

here is a pic of this truck now. i believe tom took this pic. this truck is still running strong in bardwell, pa.

[Image: ccdwlf.jpg]

[/quote]

credit to Tom Bretz

another shot of EX-FACTORYVILLE FIRE CO. 54 WARD LAFRANCE

[Image: 2whl43s-1.jpg]
Tom passed this pic along in a forum, unknown if he took the shot

EX-DALTON FIRE CO. INTERNATIONAL ENGINE no other details known

[Image: formerdaltonint-vi-1.jpg]

i took this pic a few months back. this is how this truck sits now between Dalton and Lake Winola.

[Image: untitled-1.jpg]
[quote name='goro' date='24 July 2010 - 06:19 PM' timestamp='1280008750' post='394390']

credit to Tom Bretz

another shot of EX-FACTORYVILLE FIRE CO. 54 WARD LAFRANCE

[Image: 2whl43s-1.jpg]

[/quote]

Factoryville, birthplace of Christy Matthewson, and a great looking WLF
Rich Dean, Butler, New Jersey, USA

Member of Kinney Hose Co. 1, Butler Fire Dept. since 1973, Fire Police Officer since 2000

Dispatcher at Butler Police Communications from March 1975 to July 2009

Secretary of North Jersey Volunteer Firemen's Association since 1980

Member of Tri-Boro First Aid Squad (volunteer ems) since 2000 as a driver

Member of many Yahoogroups, owner of some such as:

[post="0"]FirematicEvents Yahoogroup[/post]the place to for listing and discussion of any event by a public safety organization.

[post="0"]RailfanEvents Yahoogroup[/post]

[post="0"]Railpics Yahoogroup[/post]
I would put money on the 1988 time frame. We "Monroeville 5" placed our order that year for our 135' ladder. That was probably here for obvious demo reasons and to show the municipality.

[quote name='Jason' date='18 July 2010 - 06:50 PM' timestamp='1279492228' post='393227']

I know this may not count as a Keystone relic, but it was the one I mentioned in my earlier post for viewing at Station 54 in 88' or 89' I'm guessing.

[/quote]