• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Keystone State Relics
[quote name='Shoop' date='Feb 13 2009, 22:23 ' post='281628']

[Image: EmlentonVen1969DuplexAmericanGrove1.jpg]

Emlenton

Venango County

1969 Duplex/American/Grove 1000/500/75'

Tom Bair Photo

former Laurelton Fire Dept., Irondequoit NY (Monroe Co.) Quint 160.

Anybody know where it went from Emlenton?

Had a Detroit 6V71 or 8V71 motor, drove it to a call one day when there was a hole in the exhaust pipe, had a headache for a week afterward........

LFD John in Irondequoit NY.
Granville just took delivery of a 2009 E\-One Typhoon painted in the same colors.

LFD_John,

They still had it the last time I was there. Haven't been there for a few years though.
Emlenton ladder went to New Bethlehem, PA.
Patrick Shoop Sr.

Lewistown, PA.
[quote name='EMS 12' post='290570' date='Mar 17 2009, 22:34 ']Emlenton ladder went to New Bethlehem, PA.[/quote]

From there, it ended up at the Butler County Community College Fire Academy; I don't know if it was in use when I took this picture or if it is still there (I doubt it). It still said "Emlenton" across the back, just below the ladder. Picture is from 2005.

[Image: 7937-R1-19-5A.jpg]
Hardy, William C

Larimer VFD, Westmoreland County Station 1

Westinghouse Waltz Mill VFB, Westmoreland County Station 116
Incidentally, Emlenton now runs a Simon-Duplex/Spartan/Grumman 55' Redi-Tower (I think) that was from the Murrysville Fire Department in Westmoreland County, PA. I think it went through a refurbishment after Emlenton bought it, but I don't know who did the work.

[Image: 754737-R1-19-5_020.jpg]

Emlenton also runs a Spartan/FMC "spaceship" engine, but when I was up there last summer they said it was basically OOS and is in storage, so I counldn't get a shot of it. It is pictured under the "Where are the Beans" thread.
Hardy, William C

Larimer VFD, Westmoreland County Station 1

Westinghouse Waltz Mill VFB, Westmoreland County Station 116
[quote name='LarimeSta1' post='290596' date='Mar 18 2009, 01:44 ']Incidentally, Emlenton now runs a Simon-Duplex/Spartan/Grumman 55' Redi-Tower (I think) that was from the Murrysville Fire Department in Westmoreland County, PA. I think it went through a refurbishment after Emlenton bought it, but I don't know who did the work.

[Image: 754737-R1-19-5_020.jpg]

Emlenton also runs a Spartan/FMC "spaceship" engine, but when I was up there last summer they said it was basically OOS and is in storage, so I counldn't get a shot of it. It is pictured under the "Where are the Beans" thread.[/quote]

They also have a Spartan Evolution rescue built by New Lexington. That replaced a 1990 4-Guys rescue on a Ford C chassis.
Ed Saliba Jr.

1st Assistant Chief

City of New Kensington Bureau of Fire
I.S.O. Class 4 Department
Athens Twp PA Diahoga Hose Co

Ford C Rescue

unknown photographer
Cherry City, Shaler Twp PA Allegheny County
[quote name='John Lake' post='289684' date='Mar 14 2009, 19:32 ']Wilkes-Barre

Hahn/? (is that the old LTI emblem?)

tower[/quote]

This may have been commented on already but here yeah go

First off, when I saw this rig in Roulette, it was in horrible condition. I honestly don't think it would have done Wilkes-Barre any good toi keep it for a reserve.

Now, this rig was "sold" to a junkyard in the Wilkes-Barre area, it sat there for a short time until an annonymous person wondered in, and inquired about it. After some interesting going around and around with Penndot, the Pennsylvania State Police and some local depts, Roulette was contacted and told that this tower was their's.

Last I passed through Roulette it was inside their station, but I haven't been up to see what they have done to it.

1976 Hahn/LTI/1997 local 85' rmt

The old Rescue ladder in Lebanon City had the same LTI logo on the aerial, that is LTI's original logo.
Darin Smith

Hughesville, PA
[quote name='John Lake' post='289699' date='Mar 14 2009, 20:16 ']South Williamsport

1977 Conestoga/LTI

1250/500/85'

John Lake/Lou Aflalo collection[/quote]

I gotta comment on these photos, Taken at the Pennsylvania State Fireman's assoc. convention parade, not sure the exact year, but my one brother was getting married as this parade was going on, 1 block east of where these photos where taken, and the uge brick building in the background of this photo, burned in a massive fire about 6-8 years after this convention.
Darin Smith

Hughesville, PA
[quote name='Frank B' post='290791' date='Mar 19 2009, 00:52 ']Athens Twp PA Diahoga Hose Co

Ford C Rescue

unknown photographer[/quote]

This isn't Athens Twp, This is Athens BORO, Diahoga Hose.

Athens Twp is a seperate dept.
Darin Smith

Hughesville, PA
[quote name='truck1882' post='291509' date='Mar 22 2009, 14:56 ']This isn't Athens Twp, This is Athens BORO, Diahoga Hose.

Athens Twp is a seperate dept.[/quote]

Yes it is Athens Borough, my old company, Diahoga Hose Co. #6.

Unit was 1-Squad-1 1966 Ford/Ward laFrance/1982 Ward79 250/300

Sold to an industrial fire brigade somewhere in PA. ~1999
[quote name='Kurt' post='291530' date='Mar 22 2009, 15:33 ']Yes it is Athens Borough, my old company, Diahoga Hose Co. #6.

Unit was 1-Squad-1 1966 Ford/Ward laFrance/1982 Ward79 250/300

Sold to an industrial fire brigade somewhere in PA. ~1999[/quote]

That looks like the rescue that operated at Wyath/ Arath plant in Marrietta, Lancaster County. It never had a radio designation and was operated by thier on site fire brigade. Not sure if it is still there as the facility is under new ownership.
A rather unusual truck, a Harwick, built in West Point PA (Montgomery county)

Newport, PA Perry County Citizens Fire co #1

Harwick Rescue

Photographer unknown, no credit on photo!
This truck is not parked on a Hill! The photo slipped on my scanner.

Allentown PA Mack E

Jack Robrect photo
Barren Hill Fire co Montgomery County PA

Maxim Ford C rescue sporting a newer Ford C Chassis than what was delivered

This looks like a Harwick, but I am unsure.

Fairview Fire co Ross Twp PA York County?

West End Fire & Rescue, Shippensburg PA Franklin County

GMC Rescue

Tim,

That would be Wyeth-Ayerst (sp), not sure if it is still there.

Bruce
Bruce W. Anderson

Historian

Southeastern PA Region
[quote name='Frank B' post='291696' date='Mar 22 2009, 23:13 ']This looks like a Harwick, but I am unsure.

Fairview Fire co Ross Twp PA York County?

Photographer unknown, no credit on photo![/quote]

Allegheny County Pa