Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Relics
This 1968 WLF is sitting in a wrecker lot in Acworth, GA. I stopped in to ask some questions. I've been watching it at another lot in the other end of town, but could never get in to look at it or take pictures. The kid behind the counter told me that it was being held until scrap prices go back up. It's a shame! Unfortunately it has been sitting outside for more than 10 years and it is in terrible shape. It could be restored, but it would take a huge effort. Here is what little that I know:

1968 WLF Ultravision Open cab

Waterloo (?) F.D.

Also has a Maltese cross with "EHFD" Engine 2

It also had "The Hustler" on the top of the doors.

Hale pump - Serial number 28724

750 GPM

"OLD 75"

"Old 16-9.5"

80-248

Does anyone have any more info on her?

Attached Files Image(s)

Here's one of the data plates. My camera died before I could get the other. I could not find a serial number.

Attached Files Image(s)

Spec Number 80-248

1968 Ward LaFrance

P80-750A-5

750/500

East Hampton, NY

Waterloo, AL

NorthStar Church, Acworth, GA
[quote name='grumpyFF' post='290857' date='Mar 19 2009, 13:09 ']Found this GMC/??? sitting behind a radio station in Greenport, NY. Nobody was around, or I would have asked to get more info off it.[/quote]

It is a GMC Maxim - it hits the Columbia and Greene County parades pretty regular.

[Image: IMG_8064.jpg]

[Image: IMG_8065.jpg]

[Image: IMG_8067.jpg]
Ed Harvey

[url="http://www.fireservicephotography.com/"][size=2]Fire Service Photography[/url][/size]

"In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable." -Dwight D. Eisenhower

All fires will go out; and all bleeding will stop - eventually.

[url="http://www.facebook.com/people/Ed-Harvey/116300270"]My Facebook Page[/url]
[quote name='GA_Dave' post='293964' date='Apr 1 2009, 14:53 ']Spec Number 80-248

1968 Ward LaFrance

P80-750A-5

750/500

East Hampton, NY

Waterloo, AL

NorthStar Church, Acworth, GA[/quote]

I spoke to the guy today. He says that he thinks he can get $600 for it in scrap. If someone wants to beat that, they can have it. It would take a lot of love, ($$$) time and elbow grease to fix her up, but I'd hate to see her get crushed.
I was up near Holyoke,Ma found this at exit 18 or 19 off I-91 North.

Former Engine 3 from SOUTH HADLEY FALLS

Not sure of any more. There was a red Transmission bell over the pump.

Attached Files Image(s)

Quote:It is a GMC Maxim - it hits the Columbia and Greene County parades pretty regular.

Looking at the atlas real quick, some town names that jump out at me that had some commercial bodied Maxims in the late 1950's were Copake, Malden Bridge and Craryville, will have to check it out.
Found a few pics for this category tonight, so here they are. First up is this Ford C/? Tanker which formerly served the Caughdenoy,NY (Oswego County) FD. I took this pic in 2003 in a construction truck lot in Henrietta,NY. The rig was used for water by the construction company, but a few weeks after I took the pic, it went up for sale, and disappeared about a week later, with no idea as to where it disappeared to.

Attached Files Image(s)

Next up is a series of pics of a pair of Seagrave Engines which were sitting in someone's front yard for sale at the time in Madison,Ohio in 2001. the rigs are former Ogdensburg,NY Seagrave Engines. I wonder how they wound up in Ohio, and if they are still sitting there and rotting away, or if they found new homes, hopefully?

Attached Files Image(s)

Some more pics of the Ogdensburg,NY Seagraves sitting in Madison,Ohio.

Attached Files Image(s)

And one last batch of pics of the former Ogdensburg,NY Seagrave Engines in Madison,Ohio.

Attached Files Image(s)

Next up is former Romulus,NY Ladder-1331 a Seagrave. This was sitting in the lot at Churchville Fire Equipment in Churchville,NY for quite a while, and then it suddenly disappeared, and hopefully went to a good home. Prior to sitting at CFE, it sat outside the Seneca Falls firehouse for some time. These pics were taken back in 2001.

Attached Files Image(s)

Next up is this former Ellwood,NY Seagrave Engine also taken in 2001 at CFE.

Attached Files Image(s)

Next up is this Ford Rescue which also sat at CFE for some time from the Hy-View,NY FD. I'm not sure if it's in service or not anymore.

Attached Files Image(s)

Next up is this Ford C/? Heavy Rescue which formerly served the Mumford,NY FD. this rig sat in front of their firehouse for some time before disappearing to hopefully a good home. Picture was taken in 2001.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

An officers side view of the former Mumford,NY Rescue.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Next up is this ??? found sitting on a side street in Geneva on the Lake, Ohio. It appears that this rig at one time served Geneva on the Lake, by the markings on it. This rig was found on the same day as the Seagraves posted earlier.

Attached Files Image(s)

And last for now is this very oddball also found in Geneva on the Lake, Ohio, almost on top of the previous rig, but about a block away. it looks to be a Cushman, or Harley Davidson Scooter, which belonged to a fire supply company of some sort in the area. Anybody know anything about this thing?? More pictures to come in this thread as I dig them up from my collection, hope you all enjoyed this batch.

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='matchot' post='294628' date='Apr 5 2009, 05:46 ']Next up is former Romulus,NY Ladder-1331 a Seagrave. This was sitting in the lot at Churchville Fire Equipment in Churchville,NY for quite a while, and then it suddenly disappeared, and hopefully went to a good home. Prior to sitting at CFE, it sat outside the Seneca Falls firehouse for some time. These pics were taken back in 2001.[/quote]

This looks like it may have been brand new to Philadelphia.
[quote name='Howie' post='294540' date='Apr 4 2009, 20:35 ']Looking at the atlas real quick, some town names that jump out at me that had some commercial bodied Maxims in the late 1950's were Copake, Malden Bridge and Craryville, will have to check it out.[/quote]

Copake is my bet - [url="http://www.columbiapage.com/id28.html"]Joe Cordato's[/url] website has a [url="http://maddy26.bizland.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/COPAKE/Copake63GMCMaxim.jpg"]photo[/url] of a 1963 GMC / MAXIM 750/750/0 that has a some similarities to the radio station truck.
Ed Harvey

[url="http://www.fireservicephotography.com/"][size=2]Fire Service Photography[/url][/size]

"In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable." -Dwight D. Eisenhower

All fires will go out; and all bleeding will stop - eventually.

[url="http://www.facebook.com/people/Ed-Harvey/116300270"]My Facebook Page[/url]