Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Relics
[quote name='Howie' date='26 February 2010 - 05:50 PM' timestamp='1267223411' post='366498']

I show Gilford owning a 1972 and 1979. Looks to be the 1972, definitely not the 1979 - that would have had the wide cab.

[/quote]

Howie, the '79 ran as E-1 and is now sitting on Rt 16 in Albany, NH at a construction company in REALLY rough shape. I got some pics of it posted earlier in either this thread or the Maxim one back in August of this year.
For the life of me I cannot find my notes on the Gainesville truck. Since I didn't shoot it, its not in my photo database of specs. The Gainesville Seagrave and a few others were in a warehouse unable to start at the time, so I took a few quick notes/job numbers, but I have no idea what I done with the paper.
Micah Bodford
Fire Investigator
City of Winston-Salem Fire Dept.
[quote name='bcfd424' date='26 February 2010 - 11:52 PM' timestamp='1267245125' post='366558']

The second one is a 1954 Ford / Pirsch that originally came from somewhere in Alabama according to the guy at the junkyard. The cab was taken off by him and put on a pickup truck. The pirsch serial number is PE-72. Drivers side.

[/quote]

This one came from Palmetto,GA according to Bill F's Pirsch database, delivered 8/15/1955.
Micah Bodford
Fire Investigator
City of Winston-Salem Fire Dept.
[quote name='Tommy McQuade' date='27 February 2010 - 01:43 PM' timestamp='1267294987' post='366612']

Howie, the '79 ran as E-1 and is now sitting on Rt 16 in Albany, NH at a construction company in REALLY rough shape. I got some pics of it posted earlier in either this thread or the Maxim one back in August of this year.

[/quote]

Been meaning to stop and shoot that myself, but I never notice it until I've passed it.
This pic was sent to me through my site.......former Merrick FD

Ward LaFrance Firebrand

Christian PhotoéKemp Collection

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='www.atlanticfiretrucks.com' date='03 March 2010 - 09:11 PM' timestamp='1267667487' post='367877']

This pic was sent to me through my site.......former Merrick FD

Ward LaFrance Firebrand

Christian PhotoéKemp Collection

[/quote]

Here it is new. I can't remember if I saw it on this site or Youngstown Forums. Credit to original photographer.

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='chucksteak' date='04 March 2010 - 06:14 PM' timestamp='1267743288' post='368035']

Here it is new. I can't remember if I saw it on this site or Youngstown Forums. Credit to original photographer.

[/quote]

That bad boy is L-O-N-G, must have been a quad?
Paul Edwards

Contributor - Fire & EMS Virginia Magazine

Dispatcher - Virginia Fire Net (VFN102)
Last weekend I took a trip out to Long Island, not the best shots as they had just had a very good snow storm, but here are some old trucks I found.

Gordon Heights, NY

5-9-2

-Eric Fellows

[url="http://www.ericsfirepics.com"]Eric's Fire Pics[/url]
Holbrook, NY

Engine 9

-Eric Fellows

Middle Island, NY

Former Brush 5-15-12A

-Eric Fellows

Found this one near the Brentwood, NY Station

-Eric Fellows

They look cold and lonely!
[quote name='GA_Dave' date='06 March 2010 - 11:03 AM' timestamp='1267890216' post='368271']

They look cold and lonely!

[/quote]

Plus they need some love and companionship too!!
John Hinant
Retired Member of Richmond VA Fire Bureau

October 25, 1858 - October 25, 2020 = 162 years old
The sixth oldest paid, documented, Fire Department in the United States
First established in 1782

"In God We Trust - All Others We Take For Granted"
Where was the Holbrook CF?

As for the ALF in Brentwood, it has been there close to 30 years. Has been a restaurant most of that time,albeit different types. IIRC, it may have been a Patchogue engine.

Where was the Merrick quad? I may know some people at the LIAFAA who might be interested in it's whereabouts.

You were a short distance from my house when you took the Brentwood pic..

Stay safe, Brothers.
Kill 'em all, let Allah sort 'em out. NEVER forget 9/11/01 WTC, Pentagon, Pa. Avenge the acts with NO mercy.

Thanks to ALL the Brothers who were there 9/11/01 and afterwards. Words can never say what appreciation we have for you all.
[quote name='smketrfdny' date='06 March 2010 - 02:00 PM' timestamp='1267897217' post='368302']

As for the ALF in Brentwood, it has been there close to 30 years. Has been a restaurant most of that time,albeit different types. IIRC, it may have been a Patchogue engine.

Where was the Merrick quad? I may know some people at the LIAFAA who might be interested in it's whereabouts.

Stay safe, Brothers.

[/quote]

Smoke, sent you a PM.
We are in the process of replacing 8 Freightliner engines. Here are two ols reserve pumpers that are hearding to auction. Firstup is Reserve Engine 63 a 1988 Spartan E\-One that once served Engine 4 in Catonsville. The little 6v92 has had it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Next up is Reserve Engine 69 a 1990 Grumman. This engine served as Engine 8 in Fullerton. The twin to this wagon was sent to Engine 9 when new. Again motor shot in this one too.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[quote name='gravenut74' date='06 March 2010 - 04:06 PM' timestamp='1267908411' post='368319']

Next up is Reserve Engine 69 a 1990 Grumman. This engine served as Engine 8 in Fullerton. The twin to this wagon was sent to Engine 9 when new. Again motor shot in this one too.

[/quote]

Sorry should have 67 and not 69 was talking to Slippery about city reserves when i was typing
The Holbrook CF was behind what I believe was their Main Station.

-Eric

[quote name='smketrfdny' date='06 March 2010 - 01:00 PM' timestamp='1267897217' post='368302']

Stay safe, Brothers.

[/quote]
-Eric Fellows

[quote name='bige1998' date='06 March 2010 - 05:07 PM' timestamp='1267912026' post='368327']

The Holbrook CF was behind what I believe was their Main Station.

-Eric

[/quote]

We brought that Mack back from upstate Roxbury in Nov. 2008 with the hopes of restoring it as a parade rig. So far no luck getting it done, but at least she's in town and not still sitting in the field.