Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
St. Louis Metro
Ballwin Amb 338

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

West Overland Pumper 251

West Overland Pumper 251 (if I remember correctly this pumper and the prior newer Seagrave shared the duty of the first out position, rotating monthly?...corrections welcome)

West Overland Amb 248

West Overland Amb 247

Outstanding stuff everyone. JM82 looked like a pretty cool dude back then. You were sporting the same haircut I had.

Rick...Community, Jennings, Moline, Robertson, and Normandy in north county have all stayed red during their existance.

Been really getting the spring photo itch lately. Just got back from a Grizwald family vacation. Was able to snap a few rig shots in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach Alabama as well as Bowling Green and Louisville Kentucky. FDIC in 11 days!!!!!!!!!!!
Rick, the FDs that have been red since I can remember are: Lemay, Valley Park, Mehlville, Ladue, Webster Groves, Fenton and Manchester (now West Co.) Jeff and Dave are very knowledgeable about this, so they can add a few and correct a few of what I listed. I know white was a very popular color in the St. Louis area before I started paying attention.
[quote name='cvame2202' date='10 April 2010 - 02:05 PM' timestamp='1270925105' post='375364']

Rick, the FDs that have been red since I can remember are: Lemay, Valley Park, Mehlville, Ladue, Webster Groves, Fenton and Manchester (now West Co.) Jeff and Dave are very knowledgeable about this, so they can add a few and correct a few of what I listed. I know white was a very popular color in the St. Louis area before I started paying attention.

[/quote]

Just adding this info...Valley Park was oringinally white apparatus. Im not too sure of the decade change, I want to say 70's they went red/white. I dont have original apparatus shots. I have only seen them hanging up in our lobby and chief's offices. But we were never lime/yellow/green.
Matt, as far as I know, West Overland never rotated between pumpers on a monthly basis. Crestwood used to, up until a few years ago. At Crestwood, 1210 (61 in the old days) was first out the first 14 or 15 days of the month, then 1211 (1214/62) was first out the rest of the month. This was when they used to run a rescue truck (Rescue 6/1216). Now CFDs pumpers take turns being first out every other call.

I remember being there with you when we took all those pics in Ballwin, West O, U. City, Creve Coeur, Richmond Heights, etc. Good times, for sure!

Look how PLAIN/BORING those ambulance's graphics were compared to now!

Add Shrewsbury as staying red throughout the years as well. No lime yellow/yellow/lime green BS for us!
Thanks Jeff, I may have been confusing West Overland with Crestwood (this info may have fell victim to all the brain cell killing I did in the late 80's)

Night shot of Frontenac Pumper 273

Manchester (now West County EMS & Fire) Pumper 351

Manchester Pumper 353

Manchester Brush Truck

Manchester Amb 346

Manchester Amb 347