Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New York State
[quote name='MikeMFD26' post='303444' date='May 6 2009, 21:44 ']Clinton County Emergency Services

Foam Engine- 431

1987 GMC Topkick 7000/National Foam

1250/1000 AR-B Foam

Ex. Wyeth Pharmaceuticals, Westchester, PA Foam-57

Donated to Clinton County

Mike Allen photo[/quote]

Mike,

This is what i have on this rig - thanks for the updated pic.

Bruce

1986 GMC/National Foam, full cab, 1000 GPM, 1000 gallons of foam. The chassis was purchased from Laverty Truck Sales of West Chester. It was delivered on 2/27/87 at a cost of $129,102 to the Wyeth-Ayerst plant in West Chester (Chester County, PA). It was transferred to Wyeth's Rouses Point, New York manufacturing facility on 01/30/04.
Bruce W. Anderson

Historian

Southeastern PA Region
1986 GMC/National Foam, full cab, 1000 GPM, 1000 gallons of foam. The chassis was purchased from Laverty Truck Sales of West Chester. It was delivered on 2/27/87 at a cost of $129,102 to the Wyeth-Ayerst plant in West Chester (Chester County, PA). It was transferred to Wyeth's Rouses Point, New York manufacturing facility on 01/30/04.

[/quote]

Bruce,

Thanks for the update. Upon arrival to our facility the truck was promptly donated to Clinton County.

Wyeth has always been very good to Clinton County. In the early 90's they donated this 1971 Ford F-600/Ansul 2500lbs Purple K chemical truck to the Rouses Point Fire Dept.

Mike Allen photo

Attached Files Image(s)

Mike

Firefighter - Plattsburgh International Airport, Plattsburgh, NY &

Morrisonville VFD, Morrisonville, NY

Retired USAFR Firefighter, Westover ARB, MA

Owner - 1962 Maxim F 85' ladder truck, ex. Callicoon & Albertson, NY

Remember: "Everyone Goes Home"
Mike,

Where is this rig kept? [quote name='MikeMFD26' post='303446' date='May 6 2009, 21:47 ']Clinton County Emergency Services

Haz-Mat-432

2005 IHC 4400/Seagrave

Mike Allen photo[/quote]
Randy Dame

Former FF/EMT
Mike-

Any chance we can get you to organize a photo tour of Clinton county and surrounding areas? Maybe arrange for as many stations has possible to greet us on a Saturday or sunday. I am sure that there are a few of us in the Northern states and province that would turn out for it?

Mark Bindman
[quote name='amcare38' post='303611' date='May 7 2009, 20:58 ']Mike,

Where is this rig kept?[/quote]

Randy,

Haz-Mat 432 is kept in the Crash Fire Station on the former Plattsburgh AFB.

The Plattsburgh Intl. Airport fire crews utilizes the crash side, while

Clinton County Emergency Services uses the structural side. It's parked

along side FE-431 and a couple other county emergency vehicles.
Mike

[quote name='mtlfirebuff' post='303636' date='May 7 2009, 21:33 ']Mike-

Any chance we can get you to organize a photo tour of Clinton county and surrounding areas? Maybe arrange for as many stations has possible to greet us on a Saturday or sunday. I am sure that there are a few of us in the Northern states and province that would turn out for it?

Mark Bindman[/quote]

Hi Mark,

For you, I'll see what I can do. Do you have any dates in mind?

I know Morrisonville will be an easy one.

Mike
Mike

[quote name='MikeMFD26' post='303604' date='May 7 2009, 20:21 ']1986 GMC/National Foam, full cab, 1000 GPM, 1000 gallons of foam. The chassis was purchased from Laverty Truck Sales of West Chester. It was delivered on 2/27/87 at a cost of $129,102 to the Wyeth-Ayerst plant in West Chester (Chester County, PA). It was transferred to Wyeth's Rouses Point, New York manufacturing facility on 01/30/04.

Bruce,

Thanks for the update. Upon arrival to our facility the truck was promptly donated to Clinton County.

Wyeth has always been very good to Clinton County. In the early 90's they donated this 1971 Ford F-600/Ansul 2500lbs Purple K chemical truck to the Rouses Point Fire Dept.

Mike Allen photo[/quote]

Mkie,

This is what I have on this rig. When was your shot taken of this ?

1974 Ford F/Liberty, full cab, 3000 lb. Ansul Unit, dry chemical unit. It was transferred to Wyeth's Rouses Point, New York manufacturing facility in 1987 from it's West Chester, PA who in turn gave it to the town’s fire department. Originally yellow in color.

Many thanks,

Bruce
Bruce W. Anderson

Historian

Southeastern PA Region
I didn't realize the airport had a fire crew. For some reason I thought South Plattsburgh provided coverage. Also if a photo tour of Clinton County happens I'd be interested. Please keep me in mind.[quote name='MikeMFD26' post='303647' date='May 7 2009, 21:57 ']Randy,

Haz-Mat 432 is kept in the Crash Fire Station on the former Plattsburgh AFB.

The Plattsburgh Intl. Airport fire crews utilizes the crash side, while

Clinton County Emergency Services uses the structural side. It's parked

along side FE-431 and a couple other county emergency vehicles.[/quote]
Randy Dame

Former FF/EMT
[quote name='MikeMFD26' post='303648' date='May 7 2009, 22:04 ']Hi Mark,

For you, I'll see what I can do. Do you have any dates in mind?

I know Morrisonville will be an easy one.

Mike[/quote]

Hi Mike-

Generally any saturday or sunday would be good. I am going down to Andy Leider's open house June 7 (also same weekend as Alburg Fire School) other than that almost any is good. See also our fellow pixer from Vt. would like to join in.

Mark
[quote name='BA000049' post='303677' date='May 8 2009, 07:31 ']Mkie,

1974 Ford F/Liberty, full cab, 3000 lb. Ansul Unit, dry chemical unit. It was transferred to Wyeth's Rouses Point, New York manufacturing facility in 1987 from it's West Chester, PA who in turn gave it to the town's fire department. Originally yellow in color.

Many thanks,

Bruce

That Ford cab was made from 1968 to 1972, V seem running across center of cab door was made with the V out, 1973 to 1979 the V was in. same cab just differnt grilles and trim, that one looks like a 1971.[/quote]
[quote name='BA000049' post='303677' date='May 8 2009, 07:31 ']Mkie,

1974 Ford F/Liberty, full cab, 3000 lb. Ansul Unit, dry chemical unit. It was transferred to Wyeth's Rouses Point, New York manufacturing facility in 1987 from it's West Chester, PA who in turn gave it to the town’s fire department. Originally yellow in color.

Many thanks,

Bruce[/quote]

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the info. I shot that pic of Chem-301 in May '92 shortly after it was repainted. Do you have a photo of this unit when lettered for Wyeth? I have a bad shot of it in yellow but it's unlettered.

Thanks,

Mike
Mike

[quote name='amcare38' post='303680' date='May 8 2009, 07:39 ']I didn't realize the airport had a fire crew. For some reason I thought South Plattsburgh provided coverage. Also if a photo tour of Clinton County happens I'd be interested. Please keep me in mind.[/quote]

Hi Randy,

When the base closed in 1995, South Plattsburgh became responsible for the portion (The new Base) that fell in their fire district, including the airfield. The City FD took control of the Old Base section. A few years back, the Clinton County Airport moved to the former AFB, changing it's name to "Plattsburgh International Airport". The County hired airport firefighters utilizing three of the former AFB crash trucks and the P-19 crash truck that served at the old county airport. The Airport fire dept. is responsible for the airfield and buildings conected to airport operations. South Plattsburgh has the remaining portion of the base and responds to airport emergencys when needed.

The airport is expecting a new Rosenbauer Panther crash truck within the month.

I'll let you know when a photo tour is confirmed. Are there dates/days that work best for you?

Mike
Mike

[quote name='mtlfirebuff' post='303682' date='May 8 2009, 07:43 ']Hi Mike-

Generally any saturday or sunday would be good. I am going down to Andy Leider's open house June 7 (also same weekend as Alburg Fire School) other than that almost any is good. See also our fellow pixer from Vt. would like to join in.

Mark[/quote]

Hi Mark,

Good, I'll work out the details. Generally speaking the stations in and around Plattsburgh will be easy, the further out you get it becomes a little harder. Of the 25 fire departments in the county only two are paid.

I had planned on attending Andy's open house also, until I reallized it was also Alburg Fire School weekend. I've already committed to the fire school. Oh well, maybe next year.

I'll be in touch.

Mike
Mike

[/quote]

Bruce,

Here it is lettered for Wyeth

Mike Allen photo (Jul '04)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Mike

Mike,

Thanks for the Wyeth shot. Can you post the lousy shot of the yellow Ford F600/Ansul unit ?

Many thanks,

Bruce
Bruce W. Anderson

Historian

Southeastern PA Region

Bruce,

Here it is. In Rouses Point's possession.

Mike Allen photo (Jun'90)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Mike

Mike,

Saturdays are usually the best day for me, although a Sunday isn't out of the question. Even though I live so close to Plattsburgh I had no idea the airport had the fire dept it does. Do you have pictures of their current fleet? Also I'm guessing they operate on the Clinton County 800mhz system?

Randy [quote name='MikeMFD26' post='303708' date='May 8 2009, 11:12 ']Hi Randy,

When the base closed in 1995, South Plattsburgh became responsible for the portion (The new Base) that fell in their fire district, including the airfield. The City FD took control of the Old Base section. A few years back, the Clinton County Airport moved to the former AFB, changing it's name to "Plattsburgh International Airport". The County hired airport firefighters utilizing three of the former AFB crash trucks and the P-19 crash truck that served at the old county airport. The Airport fire dept. is responsible for the airfield and buildings conected to airport operations. South Plattsburgh has the remaining portion of the base and responds to airport emergencys when needed.

The airport is expecting a new Rosenbauer Panther crash truck within the month.

I'll let you know when a photo tour is confirmed. Are there dates/days that work best for you?

Mike[/quote]
Randy Dame

Former FF/EMT
Mike,

Again, many thanks for the posting of the Wyeth pieces. I even work for the company, but never got over to West Chester to get them. Is the Ford F/Ansul unit still in service ?

Bruce
Bruce W. Anderson

Historian

Southeastern PA Region
Quote:That Ford cab was made from 1968 to 1972, V seem running across center of cab door was made with the V out, 1973 to 1979 the V was in. same cab just differnt grilles and trim, that one looks like a 1971.

The grille alone is an easy way to tell the difference. The 68-72 grille had one vertical bar on it, while the 73-79 grille had three.
Jay Kormann
Bloomington,Ny

1989 Pierce/Arrow

1000/1500

Ron Bogardus photo

Attached Files Image(s)