Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Keystone State Relics
It was posted before on another thread, that's how I found out where it was. You gotta love this site !

Bruce
Bruce W. Anderson

Historian

Southeastern PA Region
We are goin to stay out west again for this installment. Starting with Fayette County. Some of these photos were taken by the Doc himself. Hoping he can fill in some info, as nothing was on the slides.

[Image: img025.jpg]

[Image: img026.jpg]

[Image: img027.jpg]

[Image: img028.jpg]
Mercer County

[Image: img029.jpg]

[Image: img030.jpg]

[Image: img031.jpg]

[Image: img032-1.jpg]
Beaver County

[Image: img033.jpg]

[Image: img034.jpg]

[Image: img035.jpg]

[Image: img039.jpg]
Neffsville PA Lancaster County station 2-7

one very unique behemoth

LTI
great pics shoop from mercer and beaver county keep it up great work
Terry K.Dawson

dawsonfire@hotmail.com

dawson_fire@yahoo.com

Taneytown,Maryland 21787
Just got done with all 317 pages and I must say it was a trip in to the past even though I am only 22. I just love the looks of the older rigs
John Fauble

I am interested in all of the equipment and apparatus used in fire fighting and ems service.
Quote:Never seen a Seagrave like that. How many were made and what years?

The Optioneer was rare indeed. I don't have any numbers, but there weren't many. Corry's was a 1966. I do know that Hy-View FC in Cheektowaga, NY had two, a 1966 and a 1972.

http://hy-viewfire.tierranet.com/66%20Seagrave.jpg

http://hy-viewfire.tierranet.com/72%20Seagrave.jpg

I'm sure there were more, but not many. The Optioneer was based on the FWD Tractioneer, a cab designed for utility companies that could carry the whole crew to the job site. The officer's seat flipped foward so the three people in back could get out. FWD also offered pumpers with this cab, but they were 4 wheel drive. Honey Pot #6 in Nantocoke, PA still runs one. There was also one in West Valley, NY.
[quote name='GA_Dave' date='12 March 2010 - 02:55 PM' timestamp='1268422511' post='369605']

The Optioneer was rare indeed. I don't have any numbers, but there weren't many. Corry's was a 1966. I do know that Hy-View FC in Cheektowaga, NY had two, a 1966 and a 1972.

http://hy-viewfire.tierranet.com/66%20Seagrave.jpg

http://hy-viewfire.tierranet.com/72%20Seagrave.jpg

I'm sure there were more, but not many. The Optioneer was based on the FWD Tractioneer, a cab designed for utility companies that could carry the whole crew to the job site. The officer's seat flipped foward so the three people in back could get out. FWD also offered pumpers with this cab, but they were 4 wheel drive. Honey Pot #6 in Nantocoke, PA still runs one. There was also one in West Valley, NY.

[/quote]

ga dave,

the honey pot engine is currently for sale having been replaced br a ford f450 Pierce mini
tom bretz a ffII,retired disabled ff/emt from Kingston PA F D,own 2 wardlafranceengs a 49,a66,member of iaff 840,six cnty fire asso,pa state firemen's assoc, pa pump primers,schuylkill historic fire soc(spaamfaa's newest chapter--black diamond),luzerne cnty fire/rescue,life mem of columbian fire co kingston,former app op at laflin,edwrdsvlle,forty fort all in pa
Quote:the honey pot engine is currently for sale having been replaced br a ford f450 pierce mini

Does that mean that I can post it here as a relic???
Attack 34, Newmanstown, PA

Ford C/Bean

70 HP/1000

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Engine 34-1, Newmanstown, PA

Seagrave Safety Sedan

750/200

Engine 1, Starbrick, PA

International/Pierce

1000/750