Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aviation Photos - Post your "AirPics" here!
p51...very nice

Attached Files Image(s)

this is kinda interesting too....one more for today

Attached Files Image(s)

I'd love to be in the pilot's seat in this one

Attached Files Image(s)

I really got lucky with this one!!!!!

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='Srresquire' post='312441' date='Jun 9 2009, 18:07 ']I really got lucky with this one!!!!![/quote]

Flippin awesome photo there!

joe brown
Thanks Joe....
Mike Wiskus Pitts S2 Demo

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='Srresquire' post='312441' date='Jun 9 2009, 18:07 ']I really got lucky with this one!!!!![/quote]

THAT is SWEEEEEET!!!! (Steve, no offense but I hate you) That is a sleek looking Mustang!
-Ted Pendergast

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

11/25/2012 Update: Photos added - Leominster MA 5th Alarm. -- YouTube channel firstduephotos - Follow me on Twitter: @firstduephotos
[url="http://www.firstduephotos.com"][Image: 80832888-L.jpg][/url]
FWIW, here is a link to additional information regarding this particular P-51

[url="http://www.mustangsmustangs.com/p-51/survivors/pages/44-73656.shtml"]http://www.mustangsmustangs.com/p-51/survi.../44-73656.shtml[/url]

Also, the original P-51 marked as "Moonbeam McSwine" was flown by Captain William T. Whisner, an Ace of the 8th Air Force, 487th Fighter Squadron, 352nd Fighter Group, U.S. Army Air Corps. He flew 2 tours with the 352nd, flying 137 combat missions. He scored 15.5 air-to-air kills. He scored multiple kills on several missions. His biggest day came on 2 November 1944 when he shot down five FW-190s. Capt Whisner also became an ace during the Korean War with 5.5 air-to-air kills, all against MiG-15s.
-Ted Pendergast

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

11/25/2012 Update: Photos added - Leominster MA 5th Alarm. -- YouTube channel firstduephotos - Follow me on Twitter: @firstduephotos
[url="http://www.firstduephotos.com"][Image: 80832888-L.jpg][/url]
UH-1H Huey from the Army Aviation Heritage Foundation (www.armyav.org). I am also a volunteer with this fine organization based out of Tara Field, Ga. This photo was taken at the 2009 MCAS Beaufort, SC airshow.

Attached Files Image(s)

Canadian CF-18 Hornet Demo Team

2009 MCAS Beaufort, SC airshow

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

USAF F-15E Strike Eagle East Coast Demo Team

US Navy Blue Angel F/A-18 Hornet

Great airplane. Nothing like seeing a F4U Corsair in action.

Photo taken at 2009 Warner Robins AFB airshow

Very nice to see P-51's parked on a flight line.
I've been scanning a lot of older 35mm prints lately and came across a bunch of aviation photos. Most of the photos scanned quite well, but please excuse the occasional dark or dingy scan.

The now-defunct Strategic Air Command was headquartered at Offutt AFB in Bellevue, NE, a suburb of Omaha. It is now the HQ of the Air Combat Command. For years the SAC Museum was located on one end of Offutt AFB. There was a building housing many displays but all the aircraft, sadly, were displayed outdoors, exposed to the elements.

Fortunately that has changed when the Museum moved to a new location just west of Omaha. The great thing is that there are far more indoor displays than there were at the old museum. Most importantly all the aircraft are now displayed indoors and slowly being repainted and restored.

Here are some shots, scanned from 35mm prints, of the old outdoor museum. First up is a B-25 Mitchell medium bomber.

A close up of Desert Doom. The bombardier compartment was totally stripped out and empty.

The 'stinger' of the the B-25. Next to the B-25 is a Piasecki H-21 helicopter, nicknamed the 'Flying Banana'.

This is a Boeing B-17G. It was missing it's upper turret, ball turret, and chin turret (though you can see the circular chin turret plate in place. Again, looking in through the bombardier bubble the plane was completely stripped out.

I wasn't so sure that this was a G-model, seeing how much of it was 'missing'. Even though the information board in front of the aircraft said it was a G I didn't really believe it until I saw the tail turret. This style of turret was used only on the G-models.