Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

the 1950 from E6 became the bomb squad rig. Allentown had 3 or 4 L's. trying to find out for sure which is which.

[quote name='Fireman5230' post='312994' date='Jun 12 2009, 00:16 ']Didn't one of these "L"s become the Dept of Public Safety - Bomb Squad Rig??? Think it was painted white or lime too[/quote]

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='mgk110' post='313137' date='Jun 12 2009, 15:49 ']Was this always a Trafford unit? I think it may be the former US Steel Edgar Thomson Works B model.[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing but from what I have always been told the B models from US Steel were all ordered in 1965. It was also said that all the closed cabs were gasoline engines and that the open cabs were diesel and that they were all 1000 GPM waterous two stage pumps. The only one that was different was the national tube Mack.

Anyone else able to clarify?
Here are two US Steel Model B Macks... they meet the descriptions of the above posts. The open cab is the Irvin unit before a 2003 rehab and the closed cab is the Homestead engine which was brought to Irvin after a brief stint in the Munhall FD.

Attached Files Image(s)