Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Relics
My parents found these two trucks near Myrtle Beach,SC last weekend. They did not get any information.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The other.

A group picture.

[quote name='bcfd424' date='26 February 2010 - 08:29 AM' timestamp='1267189751' post='366394']

A group picture.

[/quote]

They are in front of a beachwear store on 17 Business in Garden City (South of Surfside Beach)
This is totally a guess, but on the ALF Century, I'm guessing ex-Enterprise, Alabama maybe? Obviously not new to them, so the original owner is a mystery. That Chevy/Howe isn't Boger City's old Engine 43 is it Benjy?
Andrew C. Messer

Haywood County, NC

FM1/1823

Visit My Photo Website! WNC Fire Pics

Proverbs 3:5-6

[quote name='Tommy McQuade' date='23 February 2010 - 04:28 PM' timestamp='1266959327' post='365956']

Yeah, 99% sure this is ex-Gilford, NH. Either a 1975 or 76, Howie would know for certain.

[/quote]

I show Gilford owning a 1972 and 1979. Looks to be the 1972, definitely not the 1979 - that would have had the wide cab.
I found several old rigs over the last two days. Thursday morning I found this truck on Millersville Rd in Alexander County. The only information I could find was it said donated by New Bern FD over the pump panel.

These two old brush trucks are sitting in a yard off Highway 27 East in Iron Station in Lincoln County. I believe the guy is using them for parts for rock crawlers. The first one is in a little better shape than the second one.

The second one. Sorry for the sun.

Today I found three old trucks in a junkyard south of Monroe, NC.

First one is a 1948 Ford that came from Mineral Springs FD in Union County. Here is the drivers side.

Passenger side.

The second one is a 1954 Ford / Pirsch that originally came from somewhere in Alabama according to the guy at the junkyard. The cab was taken off by him and put on a pickup truck. The pirsch serial number is PE-72. Drivers side.

Passenger Side.

The last one is a 1940's American LaFrance. The guy said he bought it in Marshville, NC but did not know where it came from. Right under the hosebed in the rear it had US Navy on it. I could not find a serial number. Driver side.

Passenger side.

I found this old Seagrave lettered for Gainesville FD on Highway 74 near Wingate, NC. Micah may have the information on this one. There are several other old trucks located here also.

The last truck I found today was a Ford C / Atlas tanker that now belongs to a grading company. I found this one outside Norwood, NC. I believe the truck came from Mt Pleasant FD in Cabarrus County, NC. Drivers side.

Passenger side.

[quote name='bcfd424' date='26 February 2010 - 11:56 PM' timestamp='1267245416' post='366562']

I found this old Seagrave lettered for Gainesville FD on Highway 74 near Wingate, NC. Micah may have the information on this one. There are several other old trucks located here also.

[/quote]

I have the info for this one written down somewhere, I will just have to find it. The only thing I know about this one off the top of my head is its from Gainesville,FL.
Micah Bodford
Fire Investigator
City of Winston-Salem Fire Dept.
one of two they had

1965 P8650 549-KB Gainesville, Florida FL 1000/? Seagrave

1965 P8651 549-KB Gainesville, Florida FL 1000/? Seagrave

[quote name='bcfd424' date='26 February 2010 - 11:56 PM' timestamp='1267245416' post='366562']

[/quote]