Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tactical Police Units
Much like the Unicoi County van above, the Labtrobe, PA Tactical Response Team uses a re-painted bank armored van.

[Image: rnpca2496-vi.jpg]
-- James

Webmaster

[url="http://www.policecararchives.org"]National Police Car Archives[/url]
For those of you that may have been wondering "unknown type or info" on those older wedge looking trucks, we have the old Rhode Island State Police SWAT truck at our maintanence shop. Its amazingly an old Dodge or Plymouth Ramcharger chassis, even the dash is Dodge-ish with the old flip down right hand glove box
Manchester, NH Police

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[quote name='fd2119' post='125849' date='Jul 5 2007, 10:06 ']Interesting that the FBI CP has a Q siren on it.[/quote]

That would what is known as the fleecing of the taxpayers.
Rob Atwater

Lieutenant

Derry Fire

Engine 4/Truck 4

Derry, NH
And do they really know what do to with a Federal Q (not to mention well-tuned dual Grover Stutter-tone emergency horns)...? They would probably be thrilled just with an off the shelf electronic siren.

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice looking rig is it a 2208?

Thanks for sharing
The LAPD rig was delivered in July 2008, The photo was taken in Pa. when it was about to leave for LA.
I believe someone commented about this APC in the Dodge Chargers Police cruisers thread. So here it is!

Cameron Parish Sheriff's Office

Cameron, Louisiana

M-113 Armored Personnel Carrier

[Image: 3181740514_2c0b8f29a0_b.jpg]
[quote name='Sundog' post='285419' date='Feb 28 2009, 10:39 ']I believe someone commented about this APC in the Dodge Chargers Police cruisers thread. So here it is!

Cameron Parish Sheriff's Office

Cameron, Louisiana

M-113 Armored Personnel Carrier

[Image: 3181740514_2c0b8f29a0_b.jpg][/quote]

Thank you Sundog!
Hudson County Sheriff SWAT Lenco BEAR

A view from the rear

JCPD ESU

Mike,

Where did ya get a picture of the Swat rig at? I was hoping to make it out to Glick's before it left, but they said they needed it for the funeral.
Any idea if this is a Medtec rig or is it Pierce?

Thanks

Dave

[quote name='Shoop' post='296935' date='Apr 13 2009, 16:17 ']Mike,

Where did ya get a picture of the Swat rig at? I was hoping to make it out to Glick's before it left, but they said they needed it for the funeral.[/quote]
Dave,

It is built by Pierce. They also received a Tactical Communications rig in White that is still at Glicks. I'm hoping to get a picture of it this week.
[quote name='Shoop' post='296935' date='Apr 13 2009, 19:17 ']Mike,

Where did ya get a picture of the Swat rig at? I was hoping to make it out to Glick's before it left, but they said they needed it for the funeral.[/quote]

That photo was taken at the funeral on Thursday in Oakland...I have a matching set from the other side of the street somewhere in the 700+ photos I took that day.
-- James

Webmaster

[url="http://www.policecararchives.org"]National Police Car Archives[/url]
FBI, Washington DC Field Office, MRAP - Oshkosh Alpha, from Police Week 2009

Another View

Jupiter Police Dept. Command Truck. Just delivered this week.

Palm Beach County Florida

Attached Files Image(s)