Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aviation Photos - Post your "AirPics" here!
Great pic of Fat Albert. While I was active duty USN one of my friends was able to get me a JATO ride on it at the 2000 NAS Jax airshow. Don't think that they are doing the JATO routine anymore, but what a ride it was.
Here's a picsture of a old abandoned RF-4C Phantom that I accidently discovered while driving the back roads of Ga. Believe it or not, this plane is parked at Valdosta Regional Airport. It's parked behind a old hanger that is now being used by a document shredder company. In the next hanger over is a old airplane museum, but I have not been able to get any further information about this aircraft or the museum. It's a real shame to see it waste away.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

A shot of the Blue Angels walkdown....

Attached Files Image(s)

approaching the ship

Attached Files Image(s)

strapping in

Attached Files Image(s)

engine run up

Attached Files Image(s)

a panorama overview...

Attached Files Image(s)

A larger view..a little better to see I think

away they go

Attached Files Image(s)

the knife edge pass

Attached Files Image(s)

Line abreast

Attached Files Image(s)

This is an amazing formation

Attached Files Image(s)

starburst

Attached Files Image(s)

Ok..this is the last of the bunch...some of the hundreds of shots I took of the Blue Angels...something went wrong with a ship about halfway through and they scrambled #7 to finish the show....in some of the photos I have one of the jets was showing smoke or a fuel leak when the others were not..I assume that was the source of the malfunction....

Anyway I hope you enjoyed this virtual air show I sent out the last few weeks...it really was a great day and one heckuva lotta fun!!!!!

I have all the images and video posted here...take a look

[url="http://ksc711.smugmug.com/gallery/8399265_Gcx42#P-1-20"]http://ksc711.smugmug.com/gallery/8399265_Gcx42#P-1-20[/url]

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_ovBbfO6_E"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_ovBbfO6_E[/url]

Steve Redick

Attached Files Image(s)

Steve,

Great airshow pics. Pretty rare to see the #7 jet get scrambled, the team usually brings 8 aircraft to a airshow, with #8 being another single seat blue without any number markings on the tail. #7 is typically used for VIP flights that occur a few days before the airshow starts. I could not even begin to imagine how many people have lost their lunch in that back seat.

The hornets the blues operate are some of the oldest in the navy. I can tell you from first hand experience that the navy is not known for taking it easy on aircraft. The years spent on aircraft carriers doing takoff's and landings are rough on a airplane, let alone the salt water enviornment. Once again, great photos
US Army AH-1F Cobra helicopter. Operated by the Army Aviation Heritage Foundation. This helo flies out of Tara Field, Atlanta Ga. www.armyav.org

Pilot's cockpit of the AH-1F

Gunner's cockpit of the AH-1F

Nose shot of the business end of the Cobra. Also visible in the hanger is a AH-1G (Vietnam era Cobra) and a OH-6A Cayuse. All of these aircraft are demilled and are flown at airshows where they do Vietnam re-enactments and fly as a tribute to all who have served.

Former US Navy trainer helicopter. Originally a TH-1L Huey used to train pilots in Pensacola. After military service was used as a civil medevac for some period of time. I spent 12 hours removing wiring that went to the ems equipment. Now configured as a UH-1M "Mike Model" Huey Gunship. Restoration complete, awaiting FAA certification.