Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Massachusetts Fire Apparatus
[quote name='firelaw757' post='316980' date='Jun 26 2009, 14:27 ']The bent bumper came from an accident on Walkers Brook Drive and New Crossing Rd. The ladder had a green light going to 128 for an accident and a kid coming out of New Crossing ran the light. When I got there I asked him if he was ok and he said I $hit my pants. So I said you are ok that you are walking away from it, and he said again no i really $hit my pants. When his dad came to get him, my suggestion was to take him to church and say a prayer he is alive.[/quote]

Don't forget Wal-Mart for some new undewear too!!!!!! WOW! That kid is lucky!
[quote name='KDWMAEMT' post='316973' date='Jun 26 2009, 16:47 ']Im not sure if you mean it was rehabed when Salisbury bought it, but I can tell you with 100% certainty that it was never rehabed while Reading owned it. It was repainted, but not rehabed.

Good luck to you and your department with the new ladder. I dont miss seeing that truck driving the streets of Reading one bit.[/quote]

What did you not like about this truck!
[quote name='The Commish' post='318035' date='Jun 30 2009, 16:25 ']Newton,Ma

2008 Pierce Arrow XT

100'

Ron Bogardus photo[/quote]

Very Sharpe!
Ed Power

Engine Company 1

Lynn Fire Department

"Hooper drives the boat Chief"
[quote name='Frank B' post='318588' date='Jul 2 2009, 20:24 ']What did you not like about this truck![/quote]

Now that a cadillac has replaced this jalopy, I cant really miss seeing it riding around town now can I?

And while it did its intended job since 1991, it started developing A LOT of issues in its last few years of service. Those issues, which I wont mention, cost the town several thousand dollars to repair. Essentially it was like taking $100 bills and crumpling them up in your hand, throwing them in the toilet and flushing it. I know this is nothing that doesnt happen in other communities on a daily babsis too, but it was time to take the old dog out behind the shed and pull the trigger.

Besides, the Seagrave is so sharp and well built that I can hardly remember what the E\-One looked like!!!

C5, Ill leave any further comment on the truck to you should you really want to share your opinion. You and I share the same view but its not my place to comment any further.
<p class="bbc_center">Kevin White

Fireground Photographer

www.KDWFirePhotos.com
[quote name='The Commish' post='318269' date='Jul 1 2009, 13:44 ']Ludlow,Ma

Int'l/Ansel Unit

Ron Bogardus photo[/quote]

Is this a remount or a totally new truck? Ludlow had a similar rig on a Ford F series chassis. Just curious.
Quote:Is this a remount or a totally new truck? Ludlow had a similar rig on a Ford F series chassis. Just curious.

Looking at a photo of the 1973 Ford F-500/Ansul that Ludlow had, I'd say it was a remount or a duplicate recreation of the original body. The original carried 2700 pounds of Purple K.
Yes the Ludlow Ansul IS a re-mount!

Happy 4th to all
Does the Ludlow Ansul Unit serve a specific purpose, like an airport or industry, or just somehting they had for years and maintained as a capability?
Well the sun finally came out and I was able to get some pics of some rigs so here there are 1st up Lynnfield S1 a 03 Chevy Dept built Brush unit

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Next up Lynnfield S3 the fire alarm rig

Attached Files Image(s)

Lynnfield R2 and 2001 Ambulance (this used to be R1)

Lynnfield Engine 2 is a 2005 E\-One Typhoon Tradition pumper bougbht with a federal grant

Lynnfield Engine 1 is a 2005 E\-One Typhoon Tradition pumper twin to E2

Lynnfield Engine 3 is a 1985 Mack E\-One pumper This was rebuily with crew doors in 90's

Lynnfield Squad 4 is a 1995 E\-One rescue This was once owned buy Lynn and was there Rescue 1

Group shot of Lynnfield E1 and 3 getting sun in front of there station on a suuny July day

Came across this rig in the ramp od Salem HQ one around to pose it but here is E2 former E4 the a996 Pierce back from having bodywrok down and renumbered

Playing around with a new toy today and thought I would throw up a couple of test shots.

Medford MA Engine 3 - Sept 1985 - Roosevelt Circle Truck Fire

-Ted Pendergast

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

11/25/2012 Update: Photos added - Leominster MA 5th Alarm. -- YouTube channel firstduephotos - Follow me on Twitter: @firstduephotos
[url="http://www.firstduephotos.com"][Image: 80832888-L.jpg][/url]
Medford MA Rescue One - Sept 1985

-Ted Pendergast

11/25/2012 Update: Photos added - Leominster MA 5th Alarm. -- YouTube channel firstduephotos - Follow me on Twitter: @firstduephotos
Cambridge MA Engine 6 - Oct 1985 - a 3rd Alarm a believe off Main St

-Ted Pendergast