Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
F.D.N.Y.
[quote name='R1SmokeEater' post='319466' date='Jul 6 2009, 19:58 ']Here's the other Squrt, a 1970 Mack Ex E-71, converted into a Foam Apparatus................[/quote]

This was taken at Engine 160. Back then it was the SI Boro Command And also Div 8's quarters also. There was NO RESCUE 5 at that time.... it was not reopened until 1984
[quote name='R1SmokeEater' post='319468' date='Jul 6 2009, 20:06 ']Ladder-5's 1978 Tiller, looks like pic was taken in front of the old Vista Hotel @ WTC[/quote]

That is just north of Liberty St on West St. The outside FDNY Box at the street corner is Manhattan Box 69. The box used for the 1993 bombing at the WTC
are those lights on the big blue 4 or just spots?

[color="#0000FF"][/color]If I remember correctly, the blue "4" flashed on and off. Some of the engines and ladders had flashing numbers also. I'm no FDNY expert, but I think the individual companies used to add on extra stuff to personalize their rig. Like mechanical sirens, flashing numbers, locomotive air horns, and huge bull horns on one tower ladder. Maybe they have cut back on electrical add on's since then.
[quote name='RMKDFD' post='319434' date='Jul 6 2009, 17:33 ']Fireman Bill Quick, R4 FDNY Queens, September 1988, RES 4 CUE cut into his sweater to show his extreme loyalty to his company.[/quote]

LOL, way too go Bro, hurt's less than a tatoo....
The John D. McKean, Marine 1, photographed in the rain last Tuesday. This was on a NYC harbor boat cruise.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

John Kenealy

[url="http://www.cnyfiretrucks.com"]CNYFiretrucks.com: Over 5200 photos of apparatus from over 1000 New York State Departments![/url]

[Image: IMAG0400.jpg] New York
Engine 65 at a call on 6th Avenue.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

John Kenealy

[url="http://www.cnyfiretrucks.com"]CNYFiretrucks.com: Over 5200 photos of apparatus from over 1000 New York State Departments![/url]

[Image: IMAG0400.jpg] New York
[quote name='RMKDFD' post='319515' date='Jul 6 2009, 23:14 ']are those lights on the big blue 4 or just spots?

[color="#0000FF"][/color]If I remember correctly, the blue "4" flashed on and off. Some of the engines and ladders had flashing numbers also. I'm no FDNY expert, but I think the individual companies used to add on extra stuff to personalize their rig. Like mechanical sirens, flashing numbers, locomotive air horns, and huge bull horns on one tower ladder. Maybe they have cut back on electrical add on's since then.[/quote]

True, companies do add those sort's of things to personalize the rigs, but the mechanical sirens are actually supposed to be banned due to volume of their noise. If a company has one on their rig, it's usually removed if the rig goes to the shop for repairs or PMP. The shops can and WILL confiscate them if they see them on a rig.

You don't see too many rigs with the light up numbers on the front anymore either.
The only MARC in 46 ENGINE!

NEVER FORGET 9-11-01 F.D.N.Y. 343

RIP FF John Bellew 27 Truck F.D.N.Y. 1-23-05

RIP Captain Frank Keane 46 Engine F.D.N.Y 12-11-06
1989 Ford/Reading/Saulsbury Tactical Support Unit-1

Attached Files Image(s)

TSU

Attached Files Image(s)

TSU Rear

Attached Files Image(s)

Another

Attached Files Image(s)

I see that the New Seagrave engines have electronic Q's on them, as well as some other rigs that are a couple years old. Were they department purchased, or a company thing?
[quote name='Shoop' post='319586' date='Jul 7 2009, 12:21 ']I see that the New Seagrave engines have electronic Q's on them, as well as some other rigs that are a couple years old. Were they department purchased, or a company thing?[/quote]

They're coming standard on the new engines. They were added by the company on any other rig that has one.
The only MARC in 46 ENGINE!

NEVER FORGET 9-11-01 F.D.N.Y. 343

RIP FF John Bellew 27 Truck F.D.N.Y. 1-23-05

RIP Captain Frank Keane 46 Engine F.D.N.Y 12-11-06
Engine-232, Brooklyn 1980 ALF

Attached Files Image(s)

Engine-82, Bronx 1982 ALF #MP-8205

Attached Files Image(s)

Engine-64, Bronx 1983 ALF #MP-8306

Attached Files Image(s)

Engine-50, Bronx 1980 ALF

Attached Files Image(s)

Engine-35, Harlem section of Manhattan 1980ALF

Attached Files Image(s)

Engine-228, Brooklyn 1980ALF #AP8005

Attached Files Image(s)

Just asking a question, because I am not sure..... but the numbers on the ALF pumpers are quotes as "MP." Is that correct, or is it supposed to be "AP?"

Thanks,

Rob