Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
F.D.N.Y.
[quote name='Crossbronxxpress' post='320248' date='Jul 10 2009, 15:21 ']Right, I believe they carried a set of Jaws too. Next time I see my old Captain (Batt. Chief now), i'll ask him the difference. He went to 41 when they re-opened it in '90.[/quote]

It did have Hurst tools. The Mack got the same rear compartment added to its hose bed that SQUAD 1 Had. 41 was closed. Before it reopened as Marc said ENHANCED ENGINE 41... it got added compartments and tool boxes added. There was a box behind the cab that sat in a transverse hose bed... I think was for a 50 foot lenght of 3 inch used for in line pumping or stand pipes.
[quote name='Crossbronxxpress' post='320247' date='Jul 10 2009, 15:20 ']Possibly the '83 ALF Funeral Caison? It was never in frontline service and was kept out at The Rock, which is where this pic was taken.[/quote]

The caison was bought by Richmond Engine (VOL) in SI around 2001. Before they could put the rig in service, they traded in that and another ALF that was E-70 to help by The new ALF Metropolitan they have now. They got a grant to off set the cost and the trade in helped to bring the cost down some.
[quote name='NYBravest82' post='320049' date='Jul 9 2009, 17:09 ']When is the parade?[/quote]

The parade is the Thursday following July 4th. About three dozen wounded warriors who are far enough along using their prosthetic arms and legs come up from Walter Reed Army Medical Center and arrive at Rescue 5 in Staten Island about 4:30. They transfer to the engines, come across the Verazanno Bridge, along the Belt Parkway to the Marine Parkway Bridge and into the Rockaways. They meet their host families at one of the yacht clubs and the fire trucks go home.

Here's 343 leaving the qrtrs of E329 after the axes have been attached. Then it's seen turning into the Breezy Pt community followed by a 47 WLF owned by a dispatcher on SI. Then a current issue Seagrave from FDNY E154 and finally an older Mack CF owned by the Metropolitan Fire Assn which is an Explorer post.

The Staten Island engine, E154, is carrying BLESMA (British Limbless ex-Servicemen Assn) members who lost their arms and legs in Afghanistan during the time our forces were engaged in Iraq.

Attached Files Image(s)

Here's the WLF and the Seagrave

Attached Files Image(s)

Here's the Mack CF and then the Mack LS at the yacht club displaying support of FDNY for the Wounded Warriors

Attached Files Image(s)

TL-135, Queens 1980 Mack/Baker

Attached Files Image(s)

TL-31, South Bronx 1980 Mack/Baker

Attached Files Image(s)

TL-131, Brooklyn 1981 Mack/Baker #MT-8102

Attached Files Image(s)

One of the unique TL's purchased by FDNY, TL-14 Harlem, Manhattan 1980 Sutphen 100'/1250gpm #ST-8001D

Attached Files Image(s)

The other one, TL-119 Brooklyn 1981 Sutphen #ST-8101D, sorry it's illegible- they had "The Tower of Power" in goldleaf on the cab doors.

Attached Files Image(s)

TL-76, S.I. 1971 Mack/Baker

Attached Files Image(s)

TL-127 Jamaica Queens 1984 Mack/Baker #MT-8407D

Attached Files Image(s)

TL-170 Brooklyn 1982 Mack/Baker #MT-8204D .............. (Bored yet?)

Attached Files Image(s)

nope, not boring at all. FDNY sure loves there "scopes". Any sign of the new ones?
Russell Pascoe

Brampton, Ontario

Canada

[url="http://ottawafirepics.blogspot.com/"]http://ottawafirepics.blogspot.com/[/url]

[url="http://torontofire.blogspot.com/"]http://torontofire.blogspot.com/[/url]

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS
Excellant pics !!! Keep'm coming
Jim Kay

Retired Firefighter/Paramedic

Fire Historian

Fire Buff

Photographer
TL-54, Bronx 1984 Mack/Baker #MT-8409D

Attached Files Image(s)

TL-120 Brownsville, Brooklyn 1984 Mack/Baker #MT-8410D

Attached Files Image(s)

TL-58, Tremont ,Bronx 1983 Mack/Baker #MT-8303D

Attached Files Image(s)

Another, 58-Truck

Attached Files Image(s)

58 in front of Quarters on Tremont Ave (one of my old 'Hoods' growing up)

Attached Files Image(s)