Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
F.D.N.Y.
Thanks for the correction on the sizes.

Elmont's Ferrara is replacing the Crimson, not adding to it. I forget the back story behind it right offhand, but it's been documented on the Rant a time or two. I find it interesting that it's got white steel rims on it. Kind of unique look. Usually it's either red steel or polished aluminum (that doesn't always get kept polished, in some places).

Any word on what chassis FDNY will use "if" they go that route?
[quote name='AndyC3J' post='321190' date='Jul 13 2009, 18:49 ']Thanks for the correction on the sizes.

Elmont's Ferrara is replacing the Crimson, not adding to it. I forget the back story behind it right offhand, but it's been documented on the Rant a time or two. I find it interesting that it's got white steel rims on it. Kind of unique look. Usually it's either red steel or polished aluminum (that doesn't always get kept polished, in some places).

Any word on what chassis FDNY will use "if" they go that route?[/quote]

I sort of figured that the Crimson was being replaced. But the Crimson was used as both a spare and a mutual aid ladder.

Point being, it is kind of crazy wasting over a million dollars replacing a rig after 4 years. Especially in these tough economic times. Unless there was some sort of severe problem(s) with it.

Even F.D.N.Y. does not replace rigs that fast.

Haven't heard what chassis will be used if the Ferrara rumor is true.
Kill 'em all, let Allah sort 'em out. NEVER forget 9/11/01 WTC, Pentagon, Pa. Avenge the acts with NO mercy.

Thanks to ALL the Brothers who were there 9/11/01 and afterwards. Words can never say what appreciation we have for you all.
I herd from a friend at Seagrave Canada, that the latest round of rear-mounts is supposed to be going to Ferrara. They were quite stunned. I gather more info to follow. I had not herd about the Smeal angle, but I'll check into it tomorrow.

This is the same guy that told me about the Marauder II being introduced to the FDNY fleet a few years back.

That being said, there as been some noise about new Rescue's....
Russell Pascoe

Brampton, Ontario

Canada

[url="http://ottawafirepics.blogspot.com/"]http://ottawafirepics.blogspot.com/[/url]

[url="http://torontofire.blogspot.com/"]http://torontofire.blogspot.com/[/url]

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS
[quote name='Russell' date='Jul 14 2009, 01:49 ' post='321277']

I herd from a friend at Seagrave Canada, that the latest round of rear-mounts is supposed to be going to Ferrara. They were quite stunned. I gather more info to follow. I had not herd about the Smeal angle, but I'll check into it tomorrow.

This is the same guy that told me about the Marauder II being introduced to the FDNY fleet a few years back.

That being said, there as been some noise about new Rescue's....

I herd that Seagrave's bid got thrown out for to man exceptions. Not sure if that is true.
[quote name='Russell' post='321277' date='Jul 14 2009, 00:49 ']I had not herd about the Smeal angle, but I'll check into it tomorrow.[/quote]

Smeal builds Ferrara's aerials. That's where they figure in to it.
[quote name='buddylee' post='321283' date='Jul 14 2009, 12:44 ']I herd that Seagrave's bid got thrown out for to man exceptions. Not sure if that is true.[/quote]

The magic 8-Ball says that the contract has not yet been awarded. It was supposed to have been finalized 2 weeks ago but is being gone over with a fine-tooth comb.
Might be speaking out of turn here, or at least sounding stupid...but...doesn't FDNY usually at least try a demo rig before placing a major contract? I heard a multitude of problems happened with a 1996 E\-One demo which factored in them not getting the Engine contract. Again, hope i'm not getting my facts wrong, but it'd seem kinda questionable to go with a manufacturer that has only a few select rigs in the city...

...I miss da MACK's!
does anyone know anything about a rumor that FDNY has rejected the latest round of Seagrave aerialscopes? I heard that a few were built with the latest version technology and they were not accepted and that the units are now for sale. Anyone confirm, deny, or add to this?
[quote name='Chief66' post='321749' date='Jul 16 2009, 08:52 ']does anyone know anything about a rumor that FDNY has rejected the latest round of Seagrave aerialscopes? I heard that a few were built with the latest version technology and they were not accepted and that the units are now for sale. Anyone confirm, deny, or add to this?[/quote] we are currently replacing our 1985 mack tower ladder with a Seagrave. we are meeting with a Seagrave rep real soon . i will see what i can find out about this
[quote name='R1SmokeEater' post='320775' date='Jul 12 2009, 14:39 ']Ladder-49's next rig a 1990 Seagrave 110' RMA (one of 4 purchased) #SL-9001[/quote]

The last time I checked (6 months ago) 49 truck's 1990 Seagrave was sitting in the yard of a trucking company on Bay road in Belchertown, MA. I'm told that it is for sale by the owner of the trucking company but that he wants "big bucks" for it.
[color="#008000"]Jeff Parr

Amherst MA. Fire[/color]

[color="#008000"]MATF-01[/color]

[color="#008000"]FTM-PTB[/color]

[color="#008000"]Braithre thar gach ni[/color]
[quote name='Irons51' post='321803' date='Jul 16 2009, 13:25 ']The last time I checked (6 months ago) 49 truck's 1990 Seagrave was sitting in the yard of a trucking company on Bay road in Belchertown, MA. I'm told that it is for sale by the owner of the trucking company but that he wants "big bucks" for it.[/quote]

That's been there for quite awhile. A friend of mine from West Springfield sent me a few photos of it 3-4 years ago.
FF Sean 'Skip' Olson
Boston Fire, Ladder 14
In Memory:
FR David A. Middleton E51, LODD, Box 5247, 05/28/07
FR Paul J. Cahill E30 & FR Warren J. Payne L25, LODD, Box 4-281, 08/29/07
FLT Kevin Kelley L26, LODD, 01/09/09
FLT Edward J. Walsh E33 & FR Michael Kennedy L15, LODD, Box 9-1579, 03/26/14.
[quote name='Chief66' post='321749' date='Jul 16 2009, 08:52 ']does anyone know anything about a rumor that FDNY has rejected the latest round of Seagrave aerialscopes? I heard that a few were built with the latest version technology and they were not accepted and that the units are now for sale. Anyone confirm, deny, or add to this?[/quote]

I guess if Seagrave loses the bid for the aerial's they will have to reduce there price's due to not having a major contract.
Seagrave has quite a few major contracts. I've heard that the aerialscopes got delayed due to some changes the FDNY decided upon after looking at the first one.
Being a Chauffeur in what is currently Ferrara's Flag Ship department in terms of units sold and in service.............wow is all I can say if FDNY goes that route.
Larry Di Camillo

Fire Chief

Stafford Fire Department

www.staffordfirerescue.org

Engineer/Operator

Houston Fire Department

Ladder Co. 68 "A"

www.firehouse68.com
[quote name='Skip Olson BFD L14' post='321914' date='Jul 16 2009, 22:00 ']That's been there for quite awhile. A friend of mine from West Springfield sent me a few photos of it 3-4 years ago.[/quote]

Confirmed still there as of today by a Belchertown cop I know.
TL-119, Brooklyn 1989 Mack/Baker 95-Foot #MT-8903

Attached Files Image(s)

TL-131, Brooklyn "The Happy Hookers" 1989 Mack/Baker 95-foot #MT-8904

Attached Files Image(s)

One of the 1989 Mack/Baker 95-foot, new...................

Attached Files Image(s)

>

Attached Files Image(s)

Pic of TL-163's ALF being replaced by one of the 1989 Mack/Bakers

Attached Files Image(s)