Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pacific Northwest
Here's another shot of King County's new Striker rig arriving at the Museum of Flight last Friday. Almost looks like it's responding to a fire.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Got a drive-by shot today of Ladder 10's new rig sitting at the shops. Very nice rear panel!

Thanks Scott for helping to restore this thread!

I found this H&M on the scene the day after the Renton 5th alarm apartment building fire. They were still putting out small pockets of fire into the mid afternoon.

Seattle FD E10 at the Pioneer Square Fire Festival last weekend

Attached Files Image(s)

Bellevue FD E6

2007 Pierce Arrow XT

The City of Mercer Island purchased this 1993? Seagrave, possibly from the City of Issaquah, for use as a reserve engine. MIFD's reserve engines were 1984 E\-One Hurricanes. Does anyone have a photo of this rig as a front line company? If so, post away.

[quote name='TransverseRoad' post='323595' date='Jul 22 2009, 20:06 ']The City of Mercer Island purchased this 1993? Seagrave, possibly from the City of Issaquah, for use as a reserve engine. MIFD's reserve engines were 1984 E\-One Hurricanes. Does anyone have a photo of this rig as a front line company? If so, post away.[/quote]

That is almost certainly a former King County Fire District 10 (now part of Eastside Fire and Rescue) rig. They had a whole slew of different Seagrave rigs over the years until they started buying E-Ones in the late 90's. From about '85 to '93 KCFD 10 bought a bunch of Seagrave engines.

I'm not sure if they bought more than one of these, but here is a photo of what used to run as Engine 82 for Eastside Fire & Rescue at a fire in May of 2001. Taken by my dad. Looks like the Mercer Island rig to me.

[quote name='Bryce' post='323616' date='Jul 22 2009, 21:11 ']That is almost certainly a former King County Fire District 10 (now part of Eastside Fire and Rescue) rig. They had a whole slew of different Seagrave rigs over the years until they started buying E-Ones in the late 90's. From about '85 to '93 KCFD 10 bought a bunch of Seagrave engines.

I'm not sure if they bought more than one of these, but here is a photo of what used to run as Engine 82 for Eastside Fire & Rescue at a fire in May of 2001. Taken by my dad. Looks like the Mercer Island rig to me.[/quote]

Yup, looks like it's a match, and a light bar upgrade. Thanks for the info, and sharing the pic, even though it's of a fire scene and shouldn't really be posted on this thread.......LOL
[quote name='TransverseRoad' post='316419' date='Jun 23 2009, 19:06 ']Got a drive-by shot today of Ladder 10's new rig sitting at the shops. Very nice rear panel![/quote]

Do you have front shot?
Member: F.O.O.L.S of OZ, IAFF L2542

www.kansasfiretrucks.com

Rick Mosher
Olathe, Kansas Fire Department
Engine Co. 4
Metro Kansas City, Missouri
[quote name='MFD 61 KS' post='323954' date='Jul 24 2009, 15:04 ']Do you have front shot?[/quote]

I do not. As of last week Ladder 10 was still using their Simon Duplex rig.
MFD 61 KS- if you go to www.hughesfire.com (dealer site) they have a few shots of the truck. Hope that helps.
Caught this front shot of Ladder 10, in service with their new rig, at a minor hotel fire at 1101 4th. Ave. in downtown Seattle today. The street was so clogged with rigs that I couldn't get a full shot. I'll post a few of the better ones.

BTW, as I drove past the shops today the other new 2009 Pierce TDA was there displaying markings of Ladder 4.

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

Attached Files Image(s)

Last one.

Attached Files Image(s)

Bellevue FD E2

2003 Spartan H&W

1500 500

I stumbled upon a fire response today along the ship canal, across the street from Seattle Pacific University. It turned out to be a non event, but I managed to get a few pics before all of the units returned to quarters. Engine 9 arrived second due in their newly assigned 2003 ALF. It was formerly assigned to Engine 5, shop number 35354.

First due truck Ladder 8 arrives, but didn't hang out long........

Ladder 4 rolled up in their new rig, but didn't even stop.

SFD E34, a 2003 ALF Metro, shop number 35352, formally assigned to E28.

Attached Files Image(s)