2009 KME 75'

1500/500

Ladder-56

Ron Bogardus photo

Attached Files Image(s)

Other Side

Ron Bogardus photo

Attached Files Image(s)

[quote name='Steve Loftin' post='327041' date='Aug 4 2009, 21:21 ']I have many, many of this man's photos in my collection. I've always wondered...is the photographer's right leg about 8" shorter than the left?[/quote]

I'm told that the Brunswick station is located on a hill?
[quote name='The Commish' post='327093' date='Aug 5 2009, 08:51 ']I'm told that the Brunswick station is located on a hill?[/quote]

C'mon Don, you've posted a ton of his photos here, about 1/2 of them are on the same 10-20 degree downward slant!
[quote name='Steve Loftin' post='327041' date='Aug 4 2009, 22:21 ']I have many, many of this man's photos in my collection. I've always wondered...is the photographer's right leg about 8" shorter than the left?[/quote]

I can vouch for the fact that one leg isn't shorter than the other. Can't figure out how it's not noticable when looking thru the viewfinder that you'd see that the shot isn't level. Will be seeing him next week and will take a close look and try and figure out what it is. Regardless, his shots are very well represented here, and he certainly has shot and continues to shoot some really good stuff. Don, feel free to keep on posting them.
[quote name='cfrtruck' post='327125' date='Aug 5 2009, 15:24 ']I can vouch for the fact that one leg isn't shorter than the other. Can't figure out how it's not noticable when looking thru the viewfinder that you'd see that the shot isn't level. Will be seeing him next week and will take a close look and try and figure out what it is. Regardless, his shots are very well represented here, and he certainly has shot and continues to shoot some really good stuff. Don, feel free to keep on posting them.[/quote]

Absolutely agree with Mark, even though I can't understand either why Ron doesn't see the shots aren't level (you would think if he didn't notice when taking the shot, he sure would when he looked at the photo), I'm very glad that Don posts them, he certainly gets around in NY State and New England to places I'd never see pictures from. Don, ignore my ribbing and please keep posting Ron's shots when you get them!!!
Maybe he does it on purpose? His own unique, identifying "trademark", if you will. You can look at it and say "That's a Ron Bogardus photo" without having to see any kind of caption or watermark, or writing on the back of the print (if that's what they are).

Just a thought.

I know one thing.....I am truly jealous of the man, to have the kind of money to do that kind of running around in this day and age. Not to mention, being so successful in getting so many rigs moved and posed. Wish I could be in such a situation.
Ron doesn't do it intentionally, I and some of the other guys him and I shoot with constantly pick on him about it. It's all in the way he holds the camera, but I don't think he is going to be able to correct it in this lifetime...

"That last one was going straight to China" -Anonymous
Eli Gill - [url="http://10-75.Net"]10-75.Net[/url]
[quote name='The Commish' post='327093' date='Aug 5 2009, 08:51 ']I'm told that the Brunswick station is located on a hill?[/quote]

The majority of Mountain View's small district is a hill, and the part of the parking lot this picture is taken on is in fact slanted.